Expired

Damian Green moving out

Found 21st Dec 2017
uk.reuters.com/art…ws)

Why is it politicians and others in public life tend only to make misleading statements rather than bare faced lies when found out?
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Not just people in public life, its just we hear more about them.
@Uilleam17 One common understanding and application in life is : people are routinely put in a position where telling the truth would be problematic.

If you have not had experience of this in all walks of life in your lifetime of experience, then you may have a valid concern about politicians. But honestly I wouldn't be too concerned, yes, it is not acceptable and action should be taken. No, it is not acceptable that there is a general expectation that all officers of high order and leaders will never be put in a position where telling the truth would be problematic and they tell the truth.
Edited by: "splender" 21st Dec 2017
Uilleam175 m ago

I think most of them are snollygosters to be honest.

May I suggest that you have been seldom put in a position in leading from the front of a large group of people and there is turmoil, argument and conflict of interests and that you are accountable to speak out a solution to resolve a problem in this group and that there is a split in preferences? And crucially, you spoke the truth everytime?
@Uilleam17 With respect to human behaviour and cultural acceptance ( I suspect this applies universally), it is much more acceptable for a person to lie to the public than it is to lie to an inner circle where the liar belongs.

A husband may lie to the family and to everyone, it is acceptable by the wife, but when the hudsband lies to the wife, bam!
A person may lie about £350m on a bus, but when the same person lie about a fact in an internal inquiry, bam!

I hope this helps you, we are the public so truth is economically said. That's why in MISC one has to do one's own careful research and analysis, in this way one avoids eating the brown stuff that people economically spoon feed you with what they want you to eat.
Uilleam1711 m ago

You seem to be under the misapprehension that I either need or want your …You seem to be under the misapprehension that I either need or want your help. i don't want your values to live my life, thank you

I am sorry, did you not ask me a question? You said, "Why is it politicians and others in public life tend only to make misleading statements rather than bare faced lies when found out?"

If you hadn't asked me a question, what was that question for? What was the verbal action that you needed from me and others?
Happy massive end the year party thingamajig people.
32863736-NPrGW.jpg:large
davewave10 h, 57 m ago

Not just people in public life, its just we hear more about them.

Fair point but people in public life especially politicians should be held to a higher standard then your average Joe bloggs (cough).
They work for us and nobody would want their worker to lie or deceive them.

Unfortunately standards have slipped over the decades and that is imo partly the reason why there is so much anger and mistrust placed at the feet of the political elite.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants