Found 19th Dec 2010
DAMN, also because Sony uses a weird system for hard drives I cannot get any data off!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Sorry to hear of your loss.

http://i.imgur.com/50Ks8.jpg
Edited by: "We_Are_138" 19th Dec 2010

Hopefully it's still under warranty and does not take long for Sony to fix it for you.
Edited by: "dontasciime" 19th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Not under warranty but still have sale of goods act.

OK £50 for it here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-)

Original Poster

WheresMeNuts I will either send it into sony or use the sale of goods act to return it to the store.

Just go to B&Q and buy a Heat Gun & also a Torx Driver & fix it.Thermal paste costs around £3.

WheresMeNuts

Just go to B&Q and buy a Heat Gun & also a Torx Driver & fix it.Thermal … Just go to B&Q and buy a Heat Gun & also a Torx Driver & fix it.Thermal paste costs around £3.

This would be a temporary fix and will work for a few days, if your lucky a couple weeks.

Sloth/Mod

Next Gen console in shoddy cheap build shocker!!! lol

console build quality is just not the same as pre-gens D:

Original Poster

Going to try the hairdryer trick to see if I can deactivate and get saves. I will then decide do I go after Sony for a repair and see if I can get it for free or go after Tesco with sale of goods act. Merry blooming Christmas.

Must be the season for it
Just had mine YLOD
Definitely going to pursue under the SOGA mines with currys wife will be chuffed no PS3 over the festive period.

Original Poster

Good luck. Was yours the 60gb?

electriclinux

Good luck. Was yours the 60gb?

No 40gb did something similar before with hp laptop that had faulty NVIDIA card just have to prove it was going to fail from day 1

Bit of a result just got half my money back for my 3 year old ps3 from currys. Did not even need engineer report just phoned.customer service mentioned soga and was asked to take it to.tech guys. Who tbh just tried to fire up machine and yellow light came on and accepted it quite happy really

so theres no way to get your data off your hard drive?
I would back my stuff up, but thats 200GB on rec TV and music and you can individually back up most saves
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22
    3. What is gearbest like on warranty?78
    4. Whatsup number, confused33

See more discussions