Groups

Damp proofing company in the north east

Can anybody recommend a good reliable damp proofing company?
    I am in Northumberland/ Tyneside area.
    I have had a damp course fitted 5 years ago and it has failed, so i need osmeone who knows what they are doing!

Thanks Terri

5 Comments

I know of a roofer/builder - a good one at that?

Banned

surely it came with something like a 10yr warranty, get them back out

Original Poster

I am in a bit of a legal battle at the minute, so i need to find details of someone who can do the job properly!
    I had a 20 year guarantee, which i was told it wasnt worth the paper it was written on!
    I had to pay £1000 to have a report done to tell me that it had failed... which i kind of knew anyway!
    The company who originally did the damp course is no longer trading.

wont a builder do the same job?

tovi;7918975

I am in a bit of a legal battle at the minute, so i need to find details … I am in a bit of a legal battle at the minute, so i need to find details of someone who can do the job properly!I had a 20 year guarantee, which i was told it wasnt worth the paper it was written on!I had to pay £1000 to have a report done to tell me that it had failed... which i kind of knew anyway!The company who originally did the damp course is no longer trading.

We have the same problem (company gone out of trading) - I did a little investigating online and found the address had had several companies registered and all gone out of business :whistling:

The damp proof course was done before we moved in 4 years ago, but only on properly reading the paperwork found that names had to be transferred within 3 months of us buying here hence why we won't have a leg to stand on.

Have you tried finding out whether another company has taken over their business?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846201
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764296
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31153

See more discussions