Groups

Damsel in distress! Virgin Media help needed!

I need to collect the Virgin Media box from my old student house - I wasn't paying attention when they installed it so don't know how it was put in, but someone has said they screw the wires in and I'll need a screwdriver and pliers to get them out. Can anyone tell me how I remove the damn thing and whether I'm going to need tools or if I can just go and unplug it?! Do I also need to return the little white box they fitted near the phone?
    Problem is, I can only get to the house once as I have to drag the letting agent there to let me in as the new tenants haven't moved in yet, so I need to get it out first time!

11 Comments

SuperEd

you just unscrew it and unplug it - they still havent collected mine!

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8966865

you just unscrew it and unplug it - they still havent collected mine!

They told me two stories... one idiot said I'd be charged £250 if I didn't return it, one said it would be £50. Apparently they've only just started collecting them

SuperEd

yeh was told about £200 but still havent collected mine but my dads (who left a day later than me) collected his a week after

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8966908

yeh was told about £200 but still havent collected mine but my dads (who … yeh was told about £200 but still havent collected mine but my dads (who left a day later than me) collected his a week after

So they actually collected yours? They've told me I have to send it back myself!! They're useless! How long ago was this?!

SuperEd

baffledsalmon;8966913

So they actually collected yours? They've told me I have to send it back … So they actually collected yours? They've told me I have to send it back myself!! They're useless! How long ago was this?!

yeh the said to send it via post office with a box they sent - but if you leave it long enough they knock on the door and ask you for it :-D this was about 4 months ago

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8966919

yeh the said to send it via post office with a box they sent - but if you … yeh the said to send it via post office with a box they sent - but if you leave it long enough they knock on the door and ask you for it :-D this was about 4 months ago

Hmm... Not sure I want to risk a £200 bill for something I've not got! Plus I don't live there anymore, so there's a chance the new people will nick it/not be in when Virgin call round!! Bloomin things!!

SuperEd

baffledsalmon;8966930

Hmm... Not sure I want to risk a £200 bill for something I've not got! … Hmm... Not sure I want to risk a £200 bill for something I've not got! Plus I don't live there anymore, so there's a chance the new people will nick it/not be in when Virgin call round!! Bloomin things!!

thats true - have they sent you a box with a pre-paid label on then ?

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8966941

thats true - have they sent you a box with a pre-paid label on then ?

They said they were going to, but nothing yet! I'm just on hold to them now... Being told yet another completely differen't story!

SuperEd

baffledsalmon;8966991

They said they were going to, but nothing yet! I'm just on hold to them … They said they were going to, but nothing yet! I'm just on hold to them now... Being told yet another completely differen't story!

mine didnt turn up for about 3/4 weeks - it will turn up dont worry :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I have the box! Ha haaaa! The landlord said he was "doing me a favour"! I said "well seeing as it's my stuff, it's better than the bailiffs coming round"... soon shut him up!

SuperEd

lol wahooo now wait for virgin to pick it up .....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***317
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047116
      3. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…89
      4. Spotify Family Premium share513

See more discussions