Expired

Dangerous?

Found 18th Jun
I am not going to go into details, but I was confronted by a sex pervert on my walk today, (I don't half attract them!), and it was quite serious so I called the police and it has been lodged as a crime. They said that they will be in contact further.

Thankfully I was not harmed but things could have been completely different.

I am feeling a bit numbed by the whole experience as I have been confronted by sex perverts before, but not to this seriousness.

I have googled if sex perverts tend to also rape women and I haven't seen anything conclusive so wonder if they tend to be violent and could end up raping you? Or are rapists different types of people to sex perverts?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Not wanting to sound awful muttles, but, you googled 'if sex perverts tend to also rape women' how the heck would google know this? your posts are getting more and more strange as time goes on
mutley13 m ago

I thought it may bring up characteristics of sex perverts and show that …I thought it may bring up characteristics of sex perverts and show that there is a link between men who carry out these acts and their tendency to go on to rape women or that they tend to also rape women. Nothing comes up to suggest a link between these bahaviours so if I were to read Google right, this guy should be harmless even though it was frightening to be confronted by him.

ok.
37 Comments
Do you mean flashers ?
Sorry this happened, hope they catch him. Consider your path did you pass any places cameras may of been installed ?
Pretty sure each individual 'sex pervert' is different - and without knowing his motive, we can't possibly tell you if he's a possible rapist.
kester7610 m ago

Do you mean flashers ?

sex perverts could be flashers, they can also do other acts. i have come across different types over the years. today's incident was quite serious which is why it is a crime although i was not hurt.

it is just sinking in slowly what happened and i am trying to work out how dangerous a situation i was in. i will ask the police when they come over to take further details but as i was not hurt, and not in immediate danger, it is not treated as an emergency. i am trying to work out if these sort of people are really dangerous or are they harmless as he did not attack me?
If he was playing his instrument, probably just a nut job. But definitely needs put on sex offenders register.

I once got asked off some creepy old fella if i wanted to do a certain thing to him. I told him do you want a ******* smack in the face. If i see or hear you asking anyone anything like that your going in hospital. ******** *****
Strangely i never saw the loacal wierdo again.

If i wasn't in work at the time i would have probably decked him.
Millionvoltage16 m ago

Sorry this happened, hope they catch him. Consider your path did you pass …Sorry this happened, hope they catch him. Consider your path did you pass any places cameras may of been installed ?

there were no cameras as i was walking in woodlands. i was on my own and there were no one else around so i was completely unprotected. i have walked in woodlands by myself for years and this is the first time that i have been confronted in this way so it has come as a complete shock.
I’m sorry this happened to you mutley. I was sexually assaulted twice 15 years ago, once in a bar and another time at a bus stop after being surrounded by a group of young teenagers. I blocked it out and didn’t think about it but suddenly a couple of years ago it really got to me, why didn’t I report it at the time etc. Anyway all I can suggest is to talk about with someone who is close to you and don’t bottle it up. You’ll feel a mixture of emotions. I don’t think you’ll ever know what kind of danger you could have been in. I am no expert but perhaps this pervert just gets his kicks out of what he did to you (as in that’s his thing) it doesn’t mean he would be violent or a rapist although whatever he did to you was unacceptable. It’s also possible that someone willing to do this could go on to do more serious crimes. You just can’t know for sure and I know you probably won’t stop thinking of the what if’s but try your hardest as you’ll just torture yourself over it.
I'm sorry that has happened to you. It's scary.

Looking at it rationally I would say that if he wanted to rape you he would have done so but I'm so glad it didn't get to that!
My boyfriend always tells me to have something I can use as a weapon in my bag when I leave for work in the evening. I get the bus and I'm not in isolated places but he still worries.

Hope you will recover quickly from this bad experience.
Edited by: "hearts22" 18th Jun
MiniMissyMoo14 m ago

I’m sorry this happened to you mutley. I was sexually assaulted twice 15 y …I’m sorry this happened to you mutley. I was sexually assaulted twice 15 years ago, once in a bar and another time at a bus stop after being surrounded by a group of young teenagers. I blocked it out and didn’t think about it but suddenly a couple of years ago it really got to me, why didn’t I report it at the time etc. Anyway all I can suggest is to talk about with someone who is close to you and don’t bottle it up. You’ll feel a mixture of emotions. I don’t think you’ll ever know what kind of danger you could have been in. I am no expert but perhaps this pervert just gets his kicks out of what he did to you (as in that’s his thing) it doesn’t mean he would be violent or a rapist although whatever he did to you was unacceptable. It’s also possible that someone willing to do this could go on to do more serious crimes. You just can’t know for sure and I know you probably won’t stop thinking of the what if’s but try your hardest as you’ll just torture yourself over it.

that sounds awful. i have been pestered before with some very perverted acts but i never felt i was in danger as it happened in public and it was not an assault. luckily i have never been assaulted, i think that would just drive you over the top as i can not even imagine how i would feel if i got assaulted.

i can understand how an old experience like that would come back to haunt you many years later as i have had traumatic events happen to me in the past which still haunts me many years later.

i called the police to report the incident more to protect other women who may go walking in that area to alert the police that he is lerking around in there. i did not know him and i doubt he has been tracking me but it is a walking route that i walk regularly so for all i know he may have been watching me for a while.

i have never felt unsafe walking in woodlands and this is the first time that an incident like this has happened to me on my walks. i feel disappointed that this has happened as it now puts into question my walking routine.
hearts2214 m ago

I'm sorry that has happened to you. It's scary.Looking at it rationally I …I'm sorry that has happened to you. It's scary.Looking at it rationally I would say that if he wanted to rape you he would have done so but I'm so glad it didn't get to that!My boyfriend always tells me to have something I can use as a weapon in my bag when I leave for work in the evening. I get the bus and I'm not in isolated places but he still worries.Hope you will recover quickly from this bad experience.

my husband says that i should carry something to protect myself but if a bloke decides to go for me, i have no chance whatsoever, as he would attack you suddenly so you would not have time to react and i tend to freeze when i am distressed so taking out a weapon to defend myself would not be my instinctive reaction.
Not wanting to sound awful muttles, but, you googled 'if sex perverts tend to also rape women' how the heck would google know this? your posts are getting more and more strange as time goes on
maccy110 m ago

Not wanting to sound awful muttles, but, you googled 'if sex perverts …Not wanting to sound awful muttles, but, you googled 'if sex perverts tend to also rape women' how the heck would google know this? your posts are getting more and more strange as time goes on

I thought it may bring up characteristics of sex perverts and show that there is a link between men who carry out these acts and their tendency to go on to rape women or that they tend to also rape women. Nothing comes up to suggest a link between these bahaviours so if I were to read Google right, this guy should be harmless even though it was frightening to be confronted by him.
mutley13 m ago

I thought it may bring up characteristics of sex perverts and show that …I thought it may bring up characteristics of sex perverts and show that there is a link between men who carry out these acts and their tendency to go on to rape women or that they tend to also rape women. Nothing comes up to suggest a link between these bahaviours so if I were to read Google right, this guy should be harmless even though it was frightening to be confronted by him.

ok.
What do you mean by 'sex pervert' anyway? Flashing?

If so...

theguardian.com/wor….uk

"According to police and sex therapists who treat flashers, the "harmless old git" tag is wildly off-beam. The flasher is more likely to be a young man - they start offending in their teens and, unless treated, continue throughout their lives - who may, over time, branch out into more serious contact sex crimes, including rape. Flashers are also highly likely to become involved in crimes against children. The law is widely regarded as being ineffective and the Home Office has been preparing for a judicial review since 1974."
miikeyblue11 m ago

What do you mean by 'sex pervert' anyway? Flashing?If …What do you mean by 'sex pervert' anyway? Flashing?If so...https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/apr/19/gender.uk"According to police and sex therapists who treat flashers, the "harmless old git" tag is wildly off-beam. The flasher is more likely to be a young man - they start offending in their teens and, unless treated, continue throughout their lives - who may, over time, branch out into more serious contact sex crimes, including rape. Flashers are also highly likely to become involved in crimes against children. The law is widely regarded as being ineffective and the Home Office has been preparing for a judicial review since 1974."

It was more serious than flashing so if I were to draw parallel to this, he is not harmless at all. I was hoping to find out that he is harmless then I wouldn't feel so vulnerable.
its just good to chat about it, try not to fixate on it and worry etc. Or get anxious about things which is never a good thing.

Most men are wuss bags if you stand up to them. They just like to think or act something they aren't.

If you stormed over and threatened to kick him in the nuts he would have probably run off.
mutley11 h, 35 m ago

my husband says that i should carry something to protect myself but if a …my husband says that i should carry something to protect myself but if a bloke decides to go for me, i have no chance whatsoever, as he would attack you suddenly so you would not have time to react and i tend to freeze when i am distressed so taking out a weapon to defend myself would not be my instinctive reaction.

I have no idea how I would react in the situation. I hope you won't be in a distressing situation again.
I'm sorry to hear this and as others have suggest, certainly try to keep something on you i.e. pepper spray. Also, considering you like to exercise, maybe its a good idea to learn how to fight. I'm sure there are many free classes available!
Nice to now the citizens feel safe without being allowed any form of protection

Their is a reason why in some countries you're allowed Pepper Spray, Taser, Stun Gun, Gun
Ioa53 m ago

I'm sorry to hear this and as others have suggest, certainly try to keep …I'm sorry to hear this and as others have suggest, certainly try to keep something on you i.e. pepper spray. Also, considering you like to exercise, maybe its a good idea to learn how to fight. I'm sure there are many free classes available!

Pepper spray is illegal in this country so if you get caught you'll probably end up getting arrested, it's pathetic

This county is a joke with things like Self Defense and Freedom of Speech, it's literally non existent, the citizens don't seem to care they just accept it as normal when it shouldn't be
Edited by: "Norseg" 19th Jun
Norseg1 m ago

Pepper spray is illegal in this country so if you get caught you'll …Pepper spray is illegal in this country so if you get caught you'll probably end up getting arrested, it's pathetic This county is a joke with things like Self Defense and Freedom of Speech, it's literally non existent

I actually didn't know that. I think we are a free nation, care to elaborate?
Ioa8 m ago

I actually didn't know that. I think we are a free nation, care to …I actually didn't know that. I think we are a free nation, care to elaborate?

Free speech isn't allowed in this country, that's fact
You can't carry anything to use as self defense, you can for example improvise to defend yourself but you're not suppose to carry anything "without good reason"

If they know your intention is self defense well you'll be arrested, welcome to Britian, you could lie but not with friends like pepper spray or a Taser since they're made for non lethal self defense nothing else
Edited by: "Norseg" 19th Jun
Not trying to derail the thread but I don't agree. What instances would you say that free speech isn't allowed?
mutley19 h, 41 m ago

that sounds awful. i have been pestered before with some very perverted …that sounds awful. i have been pestered before with some very perverted acts but i never felt i was in danger as it happened in public and it was not an assault. luckily i have never been assaulted, i think that would just drive you over the top as i can not even imagine how i would feel if i got assaulted.i can understand how an old experience like that would come back to haunt you many years later as i have had traumatic events happen to me in the past which still haunts me many years later.i called the police to report the incident more to protect other women who may go walking in that area to alert the police that he is lerking around in there. i did not know him and i doubt he has been tracking me but it is a walking route that i walk regularly so for all i know he may have been watching me for a while.i have never felt unsafe walking in woodlands and this is the first time that an incident like this has happened to me on my walks. i feel disappointed that this has happened as it now puts into question my walking routine.

You did the right thing reporting it. I didn’t at the time because I was younger then and didn’t realise that’s what it was classed as (inappropriate touching by a random guy I hadn’t seen before and he wasn’t phased others were around) Thankfully in the second incident a bus pulled up and a man saw what was happening and chased them off, again inappropriate touching but I surrounded by girls and boys and it could have been so much worse. Part of me wants to say don’t let some creep put you off from walking your usual route, you’ve probably done so for many years without incident but I know I wouldn’t do it again alone if it were me. Self defence classes as suggested sounds like a good idea.
Carry a bunch of keys with one or two sticking out between your fingers as you make a fist wolverine style then you can lash out should you need to
deleted396333
mutley110 h, 19 m ago

my husband says that i should carry something to protect myself but if a …my husband says that i should carry something to protect myself but if a bloke decides to go for me, i have no chance whatsoever, as he would attack you suddenly so you would not have time to react and i tend to freeze when i am distressed so taking out a weapon to defend myself would not be my instinctive reaction.

It's not a good idea to carry a weapon unless you're a ninja because if you drop or have the weapon taken from you, you have now introduced a weapon into the already hostile situation.
deleted39633319th Jun

It's not a good idea to carry a weapon unless you're a ninja because if …It's not a good idea to carry a weapon unless you're a ninja because if you drop or have the weapon taken from you, you have now introduced a weapon into the already hostile situation.

A sneaky finger in the butt, it works against rabid dogs.
While all forms of sexual harassment and abuse should not be tolerated and is a despicable act.

Can anyone please explain why a potentially dangerous individual is on the loose and we have nothing to go on?
We don’t know where, what they look like, the type of freakishness they display, etc.

If I was to report something to the police. Then jump into an Internet forum, I’d be warning people about what to watch out for an where.
mutley117 h, 26 m ago

It was more serious than flashing so if I were to draw parallel to this, …It was more serious than flashing so if I were to draw parallel to this, he is not harmless at all. I was hoping to find out that he is harmless then I wouldn't feel so vulnerable.

So because he committed a more serious offence, you consider him to be less dangerous?

Go figure...
not just a pervert but a sex pervert
miikeyblue1 h, 41 m ago

So because he committed a more serious offence, you consider him to be …So because he committed a more serious offence, you consider him to be less dangerous?Go figure...

i do not consider him harmless after reading that article, i said 'not harmless'. i was hoping to find out that those sort of people do not pose a risk to others in terms of violence but it does not appear so as it indicates that they can be violent.
deleted39633319th Jun

It's not a good idea to carry a weapon unless you're a ninja because if …It's not a good idea to carry a weapon unless you're a ninja because if you drop or have the weapon taken from you, you have now introduced a weapon into the already hostile situation.

yes, this will be the problem as i know i will not be the one using it so it will only give the offender a weapon to use himself if he hasn't already got one.
MiniMissyMoo10 h, 54 m ago

You did the right thing reporting it. I didn’t at the time because I was y …You did the right thing reporting it. I didn’t at the time because I was younger then and didn’t realise that’s what it was classed as (inappropriate touching by a random guy I hadn’t seen before and he wasn’t phased others were around) Thankfully in the second incident a bus pulled up and a man saw what was happening and chased them off, again inappropriate touching but I surrounded by girls and boys and it could have been so much worse. Part of me wants to say don’t let some creep put you off from walking your usual route, you’ve probably done so for many years without incident but I know I wouldn’t do it again alone if it were me. Self defence classes as suggested sounds like a good idea.

i didn't know inappropriate touching is a crime. i never reported this when this happened to me. it happened to me twice some years ago when i was still living in london, when i was travelling on the bus. i just told the guy off but never thought of reporting him in either incident.
mutley122 m ago

i do not consider him harmless after reading that article, i said 'not …i do not consider him harmless after reading that article, i said 'not harmless'. i was hoping to find out that those sort of people do not pose a risk to others in terms of violence but it does not appear so as it indicates that they can be violent.

So you did. I misread it. Sorry
mutley11 h, 31 m ago

i didn't know inappropriate touching is a crime. i never reported this …i didn't know inappropriate touching is a crime. i never reported this when this happened to me. it happened to me twice some years ago when i was still living in london, when i was travelling on the bus. i just told the guy off but never thought of reporting him in either incident.

See I didn’t either but it is. The first incident was a random guy who just came up to me and touched me down below. It was on top of my trousers but it’s still assault. The teen was groping my chest, I’m sure it could have got worse had the guy not jumped off the bus and chased them off. Scum bags.
MiniMissyMoo27 m ago

See I didn’t either but it is. The first incident was a random guy who j …See I didn’t either but it is. The first incident was a random guy who just came up to me and touched me down below. It was on top of my trousers but it’s still assault. The teen was groping my chest, I’m sure it could have got worse had the guy not jumped off the bus and chased them off. Scum bags.

for me it was a man who came on the bus and sat next to me. he then started rubbing his leg up and down against my leg and i moved further to my side so he was no longer in contact with me, but he only moved closer again and started his rubbing. i asked him to stop what he was doing and he denied he was doing anything, but then he continued again. i got up and moved to another seat, but it never occurred to me to go and report the incident to the driver or the police. i did not even know that was a criminal offence until you mentioned inappropriate touching.

same thing happened the second time with another man on the bus and i felt so angry when these incidents happened as i felt they had done something to me but i could not do anything except move away from them. i did not know i could have reported them. if i did, i would have done so.
You need a dog, preferably a right old "hound of the baskervilles" type
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions