Groups
    EXPIRED

Danny Alexander a "ginger rodent"-labour getting nasty now?

Harriet Harmon in her speech to the scottish conference has referred to lib dem mp Danny Alexander as a "ginger rodent".

A bit more than the usual political posturing-funny or out of order?

16 Comments

It does nothing for any politicians credability when they start using playground insults like this.

It's a bit of a cheap shot in my opinion, whether or not it happens to be true

What was the response of those gathered there? I m guessing that if it is in Scotland, a fair few would, in fact, be ginger? Celtic genes and all that.

Typical labour tbh they often lose the intellectual argument so will try these cheap shots. Hopefully be more than 18 years in opposition this time.

I've struggled to find a correct party to give a vote to; in my opinion all of them are capable of similar faux pas and so comments like "typical labour" is a bit silly. Equally as silly as calling all conservative voters snobs or all lib-dem's radicals.

There are too many politicians and too many voters to make such sweeping generalisations!!

Watch a fair bit of qt and political programmes and labour invariably resort to this eventually more than others imo. Worse thing is I voted labour all my adult life until last election

Supermod

Is she wrong?

Banned

Marty1981

Typical labour tbh they often lose the intellectual argument so will try … Typical labour tbh they often lose the intellectual argument so will try these cheap shots. Hopefully be more than 18 years in opposition this time.

Like many on here.

Banned

Sounds bitter like some HUKD member's.

http://www.ratfans.com/images/kevin/kevin9.JPG

http://www.bitebackpublishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/imagehome.jpg

If thats the worst insult that this odius lot come up with at their scottish conference I'd be surprised. You only have to look at the likes of jim devine to see what a shower scottish labour really are.

It was not really acceptable to refer to him in that manner but It's got more to do with the stupid cuts surrounding him.

Hopefully all of them will be out of a Job shortly and unable to claim any benefit.
    Edited by: "dontasciime" 30th Oct 2010

I am not in any way supporting the comments but would just like to state that Gordon Brown recieved many more attacks and over a much more sustained period.

So no 'holier than thou' whinging really cuts it.

WoolyM

I am not in any way supporting the comments but would just like to state … I am not in any way supporting the comments but would just like to state that Gordon Brown recieved many more attacks and over a much more sustained period.So no 'holier than thou' whinging really cuts it.

I think this applies to all labours complaints about the cuts being made at the moment.

“There’s a mountain of issues people can criticise Danny Alexander for but childish abuse about his appearance reveals Labour have little to say about the real issues of Westminster cuts which they are equally responsible for and which they have admitted will be little different.”

snp statement sums it up nicely.

Of course you are forgetting all the attacks on William Haig not so long ago. Many torys were implicated in that. Lots of short memories.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1633
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions