Dark grey/charcoal/black fence paint?

Found 22nd Jun 2016
Looking to paint my fence dark charcoal/grey/black. Can anyone recommend any they have used. I can only see a Ronseal One Coat Fence Life Tudor Black Oak but dont see anything else around.

Thanks!
Community Updates
AskFencePaint
4 Comments
If you are on a budget, used engine oil will come up a dark brown/black colour, and also protect the wood better than creosote.
deleted1388623
Not true was given the same advice last year tried three different recipes of oil and oil and diesel on three walls of shed the fourth wall was painted with the last of the creosote from father in law.
creosote is nice dark brown and dry the other 3 sides are varying shades of black to grey all the oil covered panels are still moist and marking anything that touches them.
I definately would advise against this imho
If you have a bit of dosh spare then cuprinol.or ronseal garden shades will do it. Or wilkos own as is same stuff.
pldj2

Not true was given the same advice last year tried three different … Not true was given the same advice last year tried three different recipes of oil and oil and diesel on three walls of shed the fourth wall was painted with the last of the creosote from father in law.creosote is nice dark brown and dry the other 3 sides are varying shades of black to grey all the oil covered panels are still moist and marking anything that touches them.I definately would advise against this imho

Seen the other day B&M had Creocoat for £7.99 4L. Creosote as we know it from years ago is now banned for sale.

Since 30 April 2003 retailers can no longer sell creosote and coal tar creosote wood preservatives to the general public in Great Britain
Since 30 June 2003 general public can no longer use creosote and coal tar creosote wood preservatives in Great Britain

Creosote Ban

B&M Creocoat
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants