Dark mode finally comes to WhatsApp - Here's how to enable it

Deal editor16
Posted 4th Mar
Dark mode all the things I say! Nothing worse than being on your phone at night, to open an app and be partially blinded by white UI, glowing back in all its glory.

A lot of Apps, even phone OS have started to include Dark Modes for users, some even utilising OLED screens and their pixels to help save on battery life.

3417048.jpg3417048.jpg

• WhatsApp has rolled dark mode for all users across the globe.
  • The dark mode will be automatically applied on Android 10 and iOS 13.
  • You need to update WhatsApp on your phone first.

The update is being rolled out to all users, just keep checking back for your app update

How do I enable it?

Provided you are on the latest phone operating system, and have updated WhatsApp, the in app settings will reflect your phone settings, so enable the dark mode on your phone to see the changes

Not on iOS13 / Android 10?

Those on a lower Android version can enable itin the app by going into WhatsApp Settings, then to Chats, Theme, then selecting 'Dark' There's no current way to enable it on older versions of iOS at the moment.

I really like Dark theme in Apps! Well, great news deal hunters, our hotukdeals app has a Dark mode, live and ready to use! (android for now, iOS coming SOON)

Firstly, grab our app hereiOS / Google Play

Once installed, click the sidebar to see the following screen

3417048.jpg

See the ninja? Click him and your app will switch to Dark Mode, automagically!

3417048.jpg

That's it! If you want to revert back at any time, just go through the same steps to switch.

Not used our app before? There's loads of tools to help you save money, including keyword alerts, letting you know of deals you are interested in as soon as they happen, as well as daily picks, highlights, our select app pushes and much much more!
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Still no dark mode for Hukd on iOS. Time to start a petition
16 Comments
Is it automatically switched on or does the user have to switch it on individually for all apps? I think it's individually switched on. That will be a pain switching them on individually at night. The operating systems job should be that to do it for all apps till that happens I think it's better if you allow the option for users to allow dark mode on to operate at their times automatically.

Btw avoid using your phone when your meant to be sleeping, it will give you major sleeping problems.
Edited by: "MR1123" 4th Mar
cool
-Will-04/03/2020 10:41

If it's any consolation, I complain about this on a daily basis. It is coming!
On Android 9 and no dark mode on Whatsapp here. HUKD worked though
My phone is always in dark mode. Then I open up this app and it kills me roll on the iPhone app update x
Android 10 here, no update for what's app and no dark mode yet. But patiently waiting
MR112304/03/2020 10:53

Is it automatically switched on or does the user have to switch it on …Is it automatically switched on or does the user have to switch it on individually for all apps? I think it's individually switched on. That will be a pain switching them on individually at night. The operating systems job should be that to do it for all apps till that happens I think it's better if you allow the option for users to allow dark mode on to operate at their times automatically.Btw avoid using your phone when your meant to be sleeping, it will give you major sleeping problems.

Under iOS, WhatsApp follows the system-wide setting. You enable it once. Some other apps may have you configure it manually, but WhatsApp isn't one of them.
On Android 9, did app update. Go to settings>chats (themes, wallpapers etc)>Display (chose theme: Light or Dark. works
Android 9 doesn't seem to have this option.
DoHS04/03/2020 13:10

On Android 9, did app update. Go to settings>chats (themes, wallpapers …On Android 9, did app update. Go to settings>chats (themes, wallpapers etc)>Display (chose theme: Light or Dark. works

I found it, it's in a different place on mine but it literally only applies dark mode on the bit when you drag down from top of screen , everything else seems the same
40040783-LLhbg.jpg
Just did the update on android 10. Works great. Thanks OP
I am on Android 10, WhatsApp has the latest update from 18 Feb but no dark mode.
Edited by: "bozo007" 4th Mar
Works on iOS 13 too wish hukd app would hurry up and get it on iOS about time we’ve waited long enough
bozo00704/03/2020 17:20

I am on Android 10, WhatsApp has the latest update from 18 Feb but no dark …I am on Android 10, WhatsApp has the latest update from 18 Feb but no dark mode.

And updated today
davewave04/03/2020 13:29

Android 9 doesn't seem to have this option.

Android 9 emui updated and I can get the dark mode now! Cheers op👌
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants