dark nights and pedestrians

20 replies
Found 24th Nov 2010
just driving home on this cold dark night when the traffic slowed down at a zebra crossing
whilst we were waiting for the people to cross along came a young girl pushing a pram and holding on to a toddler
didnt bother with the crossing whic h was less than 10 meteres away (in fact she was still in the zigzag zone ) is this anyway to teach our youngsters how to cross totally unbelieveable

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

Shocking. I can't believe that his actually happened!

Banned

Shouldn´t have kids IMHO

i always wait for the green man with my kids even when the 50 other people rush across the road

i would rather teach my kids to be safe than be a chav parent

Run her over. That'll teach her.

We always always ALWAYS wait for the green man, common sense to teach your child/ren isn't it!

Quick, write to the Daily Mail!

Banned

Quick, write to the Daily Mail!

Done, thanks for the suggestion.

Banned

I tell you what is shocking, when I approach a zebra crossing from way back and the person is stood there looking at me and waiting ...so I start slowing down and down and down and they are still there waiting for me to actually get to the crossing and fully stop !! this is painfull

goldmax

I tell you what is shocking, when I approach a zebra crossing from way … I tell you what is shocking, when I approach a zebra crossing from way back and the person is stood there looking at me and waiting ...so I start slowing down and down and down and they are still there waiting for me to actually get to the crossing and fully stop !! this is painfull

yes but this can work both ways , whilst at a zebra crossing once a car slowed down and as i went to cross decided to speed up and go oO...........since then i always wait for them to basically stop and tell my kids the same too !

RosieWoo

We always always ALWAYS wait for the green man, common sense to teach … We always always ALWAYS wait for the green man, common sense to teach your child/ren isn't it!

Not if you're waiting for a green man at a Zebra crossing.

Happens all the time unfortunately ..... makes my blood boil though when they push the pushchair out first from between parked cars, wait for you to stop and THEN step out themselves .... as bad as the morons who fasten their own seatbelts when they are driving, then leave the kids roaming round the back seats without any belts on oO
Edited by: "vraptorchick" 24th Nov 2010

Id be more shocked if she was doing it when traffic was moving, the way you describe it traffic was stopped and it seemed safe to go.

Banned

shopstilldrops

yes but this can work both ways , whilst at a zebra crossing once a car … yes but this can work both ways , whilst at a zebra crossing once a car slowed down and as i went to cross decided to speed up and go oO...........since then i always wait for them to basically stop and tell my kids the same too !

oh yeah ? well in future I'm going to stop way before the zebra crossing which will lead to a stalemate situation........should be funny ....who's gonna make the first move .....

goldmax

I tell you what is shocking, when I approach a zebra crossing from way … I tell you what is shocking, when I approach a zebra crossing from way back and the person is stood there looking at me and waiting ...so I start slowing down and down and down and they are still there waiting for me to actually get to the crossing and fully stop !! this is painfull

Yeh, it's really annoying when pedestrians are sensible, do everything they're supposed to, and try to avoid getting run over by you in a ton of metal and plastic.

I always wait for the green man. We use three green man crossings on the way to school, and there's always lots of us at one time. My four year old always comments when other people cross before the green man comes on. My two year old doesn't like it, because these crossings don't beep, he likes to wait for the beep, which isn't coming! It's important to teach - when I was little my sister (6) ran off and got lost in the town. She knew the way home and made it there all on her own using all the crossings. Obviously my parents were horrified... but at least she knew how to cross safely! It's important to teach them to still look before crossing though, I saw a police car shoot straight through between two lines of stopped cars to get somewhere quickly, and yes it did have sirens on and lights flashing, but if you're almost deaf (like me) I wouldn't have heard it... and I know from experience that loud sounds (like close up sirens) can be disorienting, and the kids especially may not be certain where they are coming from.

freeDUMB

Not if you're waiting for a green man at a Zebra crossing.

Banned

I went on the bus today and really missed having a car of my own.

Unfortunately lot's of selfish people out there having no considersation for anyone else.

Banned

DLM

I went on the bus today and really missed having a car of my … I went on the bus today and really missed having a car of my own.Unfortunately lot's of selfish people out there having no considersation for anyone else.

WTF! Random post of the day award.

I had fish & chips for dinner last night

csiman

WTF! Random post of the day award.I had fish & chips for dinner last night

pmsl! I had sugar in my tea this morning. It was nice.

OP I hate the zebra crossings, never feel as safe using them as I do crossing at traffic lights.

Can't believe nights are dark, thought they were always bright.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions