Dartford tunnel - what’s happens if I pay and didn’t cross?

Posted 1st Feb
Stupid question - if you’re not sure you’ve been through but pay just in case- what happens to the payment? Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
They fine you.
Perpetrator usually gets banged up for fraud. Payment is forfeited.
they keep it.
How can you not know.
Did you go through a tunnel or over a high bridge.
If so pay ASAP.
You could ring them in the morning and ask ?. 0300 300 0120 8am to 10pm every day.

Im glad it’s freeeeee for me.
bigwheels01/02/2020 22:25

...Im glad it’s freeeeee for me.

It's free to everybody now.
Until 6am tomorrow.
deleted1781201/02/2020 22:30

It's free to everybody now.Until 6am tomorrow.

I know, but I can use it free 24 hours a day as I get free road tax.
You become the patron saint of moles
I think it sits in your account until you cross or you can ask for a refund.?
Your payment is valid for 12 months. So if you paid and didn’t cross you’ll be in credit.
You can check for your paid crossings online by entering your payment number and vehicle registration.
bigwheels01/02/2020 22:35

I know, but I can use it free 24 hours a day as I get free road tax.

V.e.d.
(No road tax since 1947 or whatever)
Is it free for electric vehicles or something? :/
Mr_Gus01/02/2020 23:50

V.e.d.(No road tax since 1947 or whatever)Is it free for electric vehicles …V.e.d.(No road tax since 1947 or whatever)Is it free for electric vehicles or something? :/

No, it’s for vehicles registered as disabled Tax class
Edited by: "bigwheels" 2nd Feb
bigwheels01/02/2020 23:56

Think I’d rather pay tax
bigwheels01/02/2020 22:25

How can you not know.Did you go through a tunnel or over a high bridge.If …How can you not know.Did you go through a tunnel or over a high bridge.If so pay ASAP.You could ring them in the morning and ask ?. 0300 300 0120 8am to 10pm every day.Im glad it’s freeeeee for me.

They already did pay read what the op has put
MonkeyMan9002/02/2020 11:26

They already did pay read what the op has put

Quote from his first post, if you’re not sure you’ve been through but pay just in case- what happens to the payment?
Funny i did that. When I posted my comment It did not state paid, it said ( but pay just in case ) Did not state have paid yet.
Maybe you should read posts in order before commenting.
My main point is how could you not know. As i stated in my first post.
Mr_Gus01/02/2020 23:50

V.e.d.(No road tax since 1947 or whatever)Is it free for electric vehicles …V.e.d.(No road tax since 1947 or whatever)Is it free for electric vehicles or something? :/

bigwheels01/02/2020 23:56

As I mentioned above, there is no charge between 10pm & 6am.

It is also free every day for moped, motorcycle, motor tricycle, & quad bikes.

A Local Resident Discount Scheme exists to offer a saving of up to a third of each crossing charge.

However, it should have been free for everybody many years ago:

[ mylondon.news/new…259 ]

PS. Also see:

[ kentlive.news/new…643 ]
Edited by: "fanpages" 2nd Feb
Yes I remember the claim of "free to use" after its costs had bee covered, ..subsequently it became a nice little earner which raises around £70 million a year no authority is going to do more than give you the finger when cash in coffers are to be had.

However, bearing in mind congestion being so damn severe, it really ought to be toll free to pure BEV's as part of the national carbon cutting goals encouraging some daily drivers to make the switch.
deleted1781202/02/2020 12:51

As I mentioned above, there is no charge between 10pm & 6am.It is also …As I mentioned above, there is no charge between 10pm & 6am.It is also free every day for moped, motorcycle, motor tricycle, & quad bikes.A Local Resident Discount Scheme exists to offer a saving of up to a third of each crossing charge.However, it should have been free for everybody many years ago:[ https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/dartford-crossing-charges-tunnel-bridge-16716259 ]PS. Also see:[ https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/dartford-crossing-drivers-still-pay-499643 ]

The local residents is a bit better than a third off, it costs us £10 for 20 crossings or £20 for unlimited crossings a year
Peoples inability to read - seriously. Surely you can’t all be this daft??
niconelove02/02/2020 15:42

The local residents is a bit better than a third off, it costs us £10 for …The local residents is a bit better than a third off, it costs us £10 for 20 crossings or £20 for unlimited crossings a year

The information I read must be out-of-date.

Not as good as free, though.
Nat_urally02/02/2020 15:53

Do enlighten us with your use of missing apostrophes & extraneous punctuation marks.
deleted1781202/02/2020 16:07

Do enlighten us with your use of missing apostrophes & extraneous …Do enlighten us with your use of missing apostrophes & extraneous punctuation marks.

A quick forum post does not give any indication of how I punctuate on the whole.
Your reply completely turned my opinion on it’s head - apologies, you can in fact all read and definitely didn’t answer the exact opposite of OP’s question.

And if I was a complete idiot who actually couldn’t punctuate? I’d still be able to read. So your point is entirely moot.
Nat_urally02/02/2020 15:53

deleted1781202/02/2020 16:07

Do enlighten us with your use of missing apostrophes & extraneous …Do enlighten us with your use of missing apostrophes & extraneous punctuation marks.

Nat_urally02/02/2020 16:11

A quick forum post does not give any indication of how I punctuate on the …A quick forum post does not give any indication of how I punctuate on the whole. Your reply completely turned my opinion on it’s head - apologies, you can in fact all read and definitely didn’t answer the exact opposite of OP’s question. And if I was a complete idiot who actually couldn’t punctuate? I’d still be able to read. So your point is entirely moot.

I did not say you were a complete idiot but thank you for your clarification.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants