Groups

Darth Vader costume from The Empire Strikes Back - reduced maybe

AN ORIGINAL Darth Vader costume is expected to sell for up to £230,000 when it is put up for auction next month.
    The outfit, including the famous black helmet and mask, is thought to have been made for the second Star Wars film - The Empire Strikes Back - in 1980.
    Neil Roberts, head of the popular culture department at Christie's, said: "Darth Vader is defined by his costume, which has made him one of the most recognised characters from the history of film.
    "The global appeal of the Star Wars films, and the interest that the series has attracted from a number of generations, is perhaps unprecedented in the world of cinema.
    "Christie's have sold some incredible relics from popular culture in the past from Dorothy's red slippers from The Wizard Of Oz to a dress made for Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany's; arguably the Darth Vader costume is the most iconic of all."
    The character was played in the original films by Dave Prowse but American actor James Earl Jones provided the voice as Prowse's West Country accent was felt to be unsuitable for the part of the evil Vader.
    A percentage of the proceeds from the sale, at Christie's auction house in London, will be donated to Cancer Research UK. The costume goes under the hammer on November 25. SORRY, CASHBACK NOT AVAILABLE!

9 Comments

So your posting an auction on a deal site?

Banned

Moved to misc.

Original Poster

robot1000

So your posting an auction on a deal site?

zero sense of humour

Original Poster

crazyterrier2000

zero sense of humour

yep I was right

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

First sign that you have no sense of humour, quoting yourself because no … First sign that you have no sense of humour, quoting yourself because no one else is commenting (this comment was purely to point out your talking to yourself)Post again and i'll tell you the second sign

doh

crazyterrier2000

doh

ray

r4ge

ray

me

Wotwot123

me

Far

Toybhoy

Far

So
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …210596
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.88
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614118
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523435

See more discussions