Darts

Posted 1st Jan
Anyone watching the darts???

Personally think this year has not been great , Phil Taylor would be in contention if still playing
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

21 Comments
No, I don't see the point
Stand up if you love the darts 🎯!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it’s good stuff
Could peter Wright Peter Peter Peter Wright do this
Edited by: "jakethebeagles" 1st Jan
39563093-v5pZK.jpg
Scotland wins yesssssssssssssssssss Peter Wright Wright Wright
Scotland131401/01/2020 21:15

Scotland wins yesssssssssssssssssss Peter Wright Wright Wright

Yes great to have a british champion again
Really enjoyed it. Don't know how you couldn't be entertained by the quality on show. Strange. Mon Scotland!
Frankie7701/01/2020 21:20

Really enjoyed it. Don't know how you couldn't be entertained by the …Really enjoyed it. Don't know how you couldn't be entertained by the quality on show. Strange. Mon Scotland!

Still not been great and personal opinion, Wright was the best of a not so great group of players. MVG never got going and a shadow of himself.
Champion of the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld !!!!!
Scotland131401/01/2020 21:43

Champion of the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld !!!!!

Yes well done another British champion
jakethebeagles01/01/2020 21:36

Still not been great and personal opinion, Wright was the best of a not so …Still not been great and personal opinion, Wright was the best of a not so great group of players. MVG never got going and a shadow of himself.

There must be some good 3 dart averages from that
looked a quality final to me
snoopy1801/01/2020 22:14

There must be some good 3 dart averages from that looked a quality final …There must be some good 3 dart averages from that looked a quality final to me

Was a good final but again MVG was not up for it, all over the place!
Darts or cricket, or paint the living room
Edited by: "thomasleep" 1st Jan
thomasleep01/01/2020 23:14

Darts or cricket, or paint the living room

You would probably paint mate
Love the darts and really pleased for Wright winning his first!
I didn't realise such riches were available for a skilled darts player - apparently the winner gets £500,000!!

don't know how much is luck or talent or skill - I haven't played darts much at all.
The standard can't get any better than it has been for the last few years - humans have their limitations.

I agree that there were few 'out of this world' performances this year but in the final both players averaged almost 103 and MVG was 40% on his doubles and Wright was 53%. 25 years ago a 90 plus average and/or a 40% plus checkout average was regarded as superb.

Most of the top 32 have won matches throughout the year with averages of over 110, and that's why MVG isn't as dominant as he was afew years back - yesterday Wright's 53% checkout average was the crucial difference between the players.

Of course it is a skill - the top players practice for several hours a day, and even though you or I might improve with practice we still wouldn't get anywhere near the top players.

I have absolutely no issue with the prize money on offer (for a world championship) when you consider how many Premiership footballers will earn that in the course of anything from 2-5 weeks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions