Dash cam mounting place

Found 28th Apr
Hi, just wondered if somone could help me. Looking for a dash cam and I've got the new Fiesta so my infotainment screen comes up above the dashboard.
Would it work mounting the camera on the back of there? Reasons, easy cable run and discreet. Or does it need to be closer to the windscreen?
Community Updates
7 Comments
Halfords fitted mine and I had it behind my mirror, towards the passenger side so it's nit a distraction or too obvious it's there
Mines just behind the rear view mirror hardwired To the fuse box so I can hardly even see it from the drivers seat
Same as above but fitted myself which took all of about 5-10 minutes.
As long as its not obstructing your view of the road it should be OK. They are usually put up as high as possible to give the best, most complete, recording of the road ahead. If it's too low down some of the view of the road in front ( closest to you - the impact zone) is obscured by the bonnet making the dash cam pointless.
Edited by: "mrty" 28th Apr
Mine is built into a replacement rear view mirror which also doubles up as a viewing screen for both that camera and the rear view camera so records front and rear at same time. Whats the point of only covering the front? Why not cover your ass too in case of rear end shunt.
Behind your rear view mirror, running the cable under the edge of the trim is easy.
harlzter18 h, 8 m ago

Mine is built into a replacement rear view mirror which also doubles up as …Mine is built into a replacement rear view mirror which also doubles up as a viewing screen for both that camera and the rear view camera so records front and rear at same time. Whats the point of only covering the front? Why not cover your ass too in case of rear end shunt.

Really need cameras monitoring each side as well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants