dash cam recommendations

Posted 26th Jan
thinking of getting dashcams for the car. Am i better with front & rear? how do they work? are they east to fit? if i get from halfords would they fit for me.
recommendations/advice appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
if you havent got a clue on any of the above, yes halfords will do it for you, at an increased cost of getting your own and fitting
mrwhitelabel26/01/2020 18:00

if you havent got a clue on any of the above, yes halfords will do it for …if you havent got a clue on any of the above, yes halfords will do it for you, at an increased cost of getting your own and fitting

i don't have a clue hence my post. I also have no idea how to fit them which is the biggest issue. I'm sure if i read online about how they work & which are good i'd be fine at choosing "good" ones but wouldnt trust myself to fit them
I’ve got the nextbase 522w it’s the latest one from Nextbase (I think) Initially the app to connect to the camera was very hit and miss however with a few updates it’s become very good. The picture is really good both day and night

A little bit pricey but for me I really pleased I paid the extra and would recommend.

Halfords supply and fit a few quid extra but in all honesty it’s so easy to do just search on YouTube loads of videos on there.
1080p and don't forget a memory card, Nextbase seem to be popular, just look at the features you'd want ie rear cam option
I've got a cheap Chinese one had it a couple of years now works great. Plugs into the lighter in the car and turns on and off with the ignition.
https//au…=46

Aukey do some great kit... Buy from amazon to get a 2 year warranty (y)...

On a similar journey as OP I discovered that nextbase was overpriced
Nextbase dashcams are good quality & well priced (a dashcam is worthless if the playback is poor quality). Whether you fit 'front view only' or 'front & rear views' is up to you - what are you hoping to achieve by having a dashcam? And dashcams are easy to fit, so do it yourself (loads of instructions & videos on the internet) to save money & feel clever
Loads of videos on YouTube how to fit them. It’s very easy.
Whatever you buy just make sure you remove it at night, got my window smashed over xmas for my Nextbase Not bothering to replace it as doing a bit more research they are pretty much pointless and can even be used against you in an accident.
Take a look at a Honest John reviews
Techmoan on YouTube does tidy reviews
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants