Dash cam with parking mode

Posted 2nd Mar
Looking to invest in a dash cam for the obvious reasons, and what's interesting is the parking mode.

Question is, will parking mode activate if the dash cam is using the cigarette lighter as the power source or does need to be hard wired to the fuse box?

The one I am looking to purchase is the kenwood drv-430.
TIA
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I have an Anker Roav with parking mode. It uses a built in battery for that, and it’s charged whilst in use. Mine only uses the 12v socket.
From the DRV-430 manual: parking function requires hardwired cable. "...To use the parking recording function, an optionally available power cable for dashboard camera CA-DR100 is required..."
and where HF is currently banging out any remaining stock of CA-DR100 at £7.50
halfords.com/tec…tml
AndyRoyd02/03/2020 15:51

From the DRV-430 manual: parking function requires hardwired cable. "...To …From the DRV-430 manual: parking function requires hardwired cable. "...To use the parking recording function, an optionally available power cable for dashboard camera CA-DR100 is required..."and where HF is currently banging out any remaining stock of CA-DR100 at £7.50 https://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cam-accessories/kenwood-ca-dr100-hardwired-fitting-kit-for-drv-830-and-drv-430-dash-cams-605247.html

Thanks, any idea which fuse to hard wire the cable?
If hard wiring, will this drain the fuse from the car battery?
rimalpatel00702/03/2020 16:42

Thanks, any idea which fuse to hard wire the cable?If hard wiring, will …Thanks, any idea which fuse to hard wire the cable?If hard wiring, will this drain the fuse from the car battery?

You can get hardwire kits with voltage regulators that cut the power before the camera drains the battery on the car.
It’ll need wired of course to a permanent supply not ignition supply.
Don't leave you dashcam in a parked car, i did and some smashed the window for it.
Looks like the ca-dr100 hardwire kit uses a permanent 12v and an ignition 12v
What car do you have? Make, model and year.
MadSkilzYo02/03/2020 21:31

Looks like the ca-dr100 hardwire kit uses a permanent 12v and an ignition …Looks like the ca-dr100 hardwire kit uses a permanent 12v and an ignition 12vWhat car do you have? Make, model and year.

Civic 2009
rimalpatel00703/03/2020 12:22

Civic 2009

Fused are in drivers footwell.
I use soldered to wire method rather than piggy back fuses.
Permanent 12v is a thick white.
For ignition I use green wire on the start/stop button.
Earth to chassis
Some lighters are live all the time, I can't remember if my civic was tho, with the ignition switched off try pressing in the lighter see if it warms up
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants