Groups

Dash Cams

Decided after someone crashed into us that we should get a dash cam.

Can anyone recommend one please?

Not prohibitively expensive but does a decent enough job.

Thank you.

13 Comments

I have this, my wife got it, my dad have another one. Cheap chineese but doing decent job. Good quality even at night.
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…D5A
    Edited by: "M015T" 24th Aug 2016

I have a transcend i bought from argos for £69 very pleased with it. Read reviews on you tube ,thats why i chose this one

Look for "Techmoan" on YouTube. He reviews Deschamps.

Mini 805 and 806, I have 805 front and rear, the picture quality is great and very clear even at night. They have been in my car now for 18 months with no issues. The 806 did have some over heating problem when it first came out and I do not know if it has been resolved. That's why I got the older model as it came with many top reviews.

I know very little about dash cams and their specs but if I had a choice,I'd probably go for a rear view mirror type which might be a tad less obvious to the casual passer by,UK version with camera on driver's side if possible

G1w is a good budget dashcam gets good reviews. The newer G1w-c is better though.
    Edited by: "ssc1" 24th Aug 2016

At the moment halfords have there dash cams on offer so could look in there. And if you pay them I think £30 they hardwire it all in for you.

Look at the table on here and see what fits your budget.

dashcamtalk.com/

st8mike

Mini 805 and 806, I have 805 front and rear, the picture quality is great … Mini 805 and 806, I have 805 front and rear, the picture quality is great and very clear even at night. They have been in my car now for 18 months with no issues. The 806 did have some over heating problem when it first came out and I do not know if it has been resolved. That's why I got the older model as it came with many top reviews.

While I have one of these, I installed a latest generation Mobius Action cam in my parents car and I was more than impressed. I'll certainly be considering one when I upgrade next compared to the 805.

Mobius Action Camera (I have one in front and rear). Size of a matchbox, easily hidden/tucked away so can be left in situ. Excellent 1080p footage, excellent software that can be installed on PC or mobile phone.

FMJ1000

Decided after someone crashed into us that we should get a dash … Decided after someone crashed into us that we should get a dash cam.Can anyone recommend one please? Not prohibitively expensive but does a decent enough job.Thank you.

I like the look of Nextbase 312 £89 @ Halfords

140deg viewing angle

2.7' screen

1080p

Night Vision

GPS

Quick release Mount

Halford hardwire there dascams for £30, seems reasonable, but as always, Halfords 'technicians' abilities do vary considerably from store to store.

Original Poster

thanks everyone. I'll get researching. it's good to have word of mouth recommendations to start with ☺
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions