DashCam recommendation

Found 14th Jun
For fathers day we've decided to get a dash cam but know so little about them and would appreciate any assistance.

As father in law is Black cab driver we thought it would be good to have something which records will record inside and out.

Does any one have any recommendations?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
A basic one that films outside is cheap (£30-£40 on amazon) and easy enough but he's probably better off asking what his fellow drivers use for inside and it may be better to get one professionally installed.
As you know there’s so many rules and regulations surrounding black cabs that your quest may not be so easy. You need something discreet that isn’t going to intrude on passengers and something that will not be vandalised easily. The dash cam could just be a standard camera but I would get one hidden behind the door trim for the rear compartment.Whatever you decide, have it professionally fitted so that it complies with any licensing requirements etc.
Thanks, think it might just might have to go for a standalone dashcam solution, would the nextbase 512gw be a good shout?
I know nothing about dash cams, but found this deal Nextbase that may help you.
How about the standard nextbase 112, hotukdeals.com/dea…043 it does all you need without making it more complicated than it needs to be, if your father and law is of the older generation he may not want anything other than a simple plug and play cam. Someone pulls out in front of his cab "Bang" video footage to insurance job done, or get him the higher up spec model that records his speed, other parties Insurance company says" hang on this shows the taxi was doing 33mph in a 30 zone, let's not pay out and drag Mr taxi driver through the courts and why we are there let's demand he is charged with wreckless driving and undue care and attention. Father and law then says thanks for nothing that dash cam stitched me right up, why did you not nust get me a basic model, always got to go over the top with your flashy gifts, why did you not just get me the little compact 112 instead of that contraption that took up half my windscreen, no wonder I bloody crashed.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 14th Jun
If he works London, I think tfl also get involved if there's an incident especially where a cyclist is involved, so as @SOUTHWALES suggests, a lower spec camera might be a better option just in case they also ask to see any footage
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 14th Jun
The Transcend Drivepro 520 does inside and out. I have 2 in my cab. One on front window and one on rear.

Review HERE
SOUTHWALES7 h, 32 m ago

How about the standard nextbase 112, …How about the standard nextbase 112, https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nextbase-112-dash-cam-39-currys-free-cc-save-10-2953043 it does all you need without making it more complicated than it needs to be, if your father and law is of the older generation he may not want anything other than a simple plug and play cam. Someone pulls out in front of his cab "Bang" video footage to insurance job done, or get him the higher up spec model that records his speed, other parties Insurance company says" hang on this shows the taxi was doing 33mph in a 30 zone, let's not pay out and drag Mr taxi driver through the courts and why we are there let's demand he is charged with wreckless driving and undue care and attention. Father and law then says thanks for nothing that dash cam stitched me right up, why did you not nust get me a basic model, always got to go over the top with your flashy gifts, why did you not just get me the little compact 112 instead of that contraption that took up half my windscreen, no wonder I bloody crashed.

You can remove the speed stamp when connected to a PC
xfaxfa3 h, 33 m ago

You can remove the speed stamp when connected to a PC

So then why not just go for the basic 112 model, as I say don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.
thanks all for your advice, much appreciated
SOUTHWALES14th Jun

So then why not just go for the basic 112 model, as I say don't make it …So then why not just go for the basic 112 model, as I say don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Because the 112 has much worse quality video. There's nothing complicated about the 412, it's just better video and more information including location logging.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants