Data abroad.

Found 6th Jul
I'm going abroad soon, and the hotel charges for Internet. So I'm thinking it's going to be way cheaper to abuse an extra sim card.
I'm going to have roughy 4gb left of my data, but it might get used up with streaming TV etc.

I notice lyca mobile do a £7.50 simcard for 5gb of EU roaming.

Anyone got better one off deal?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Forget streaming tv, drink beer and enjoy the sun, you have probably saved hard and spent alot on this holiday why waste it watching tv
Edited by: "ding" 6th Jul
8 Comments
Forget streaming tv, drink beer and enjoy the sun, you have probably saved hard and spent alot on this holiday why waste it watching tv
Edited by: "ding" 6th Jul
Three, no extra charge for usage abroad (country depending of course).
Just look for any normal SIMO - all that have roaming enabled will be free in the EU (avoid plans without roaming such as Vodafone Essential plans). Check the HUKD SIMO thread to see the best deals
As above, which country are you going to? It's probably covered on your own network, or if not, you can get a Three PAYG sim (20gb for £25 I think).
Just download loads of series and films to your tablet from Netflix and forget the streaming. There is no guarantee you will get a strong enough signal to stream at a good speed. My experience of being to Spain, Portugal, France and Italy in the last couple of years is that it’s very hit and miss on 3G/4G and speeds vary depending on where you are even in areas you would expect there to be strong signal/3G/4G:
jamie0151 h, 53 m ago

Just look for any normal SIMO - all that have roaming enabled will be free …Just look for any normal SIMO - all that have roaming enabled will be free in the EU (avoid plans without roaming such as Vodafone Essential plans). Check the HUKD SIMO thread to see the best deals

Probably best to avoid SIMO for a one-off requirement cos of the usual credit check obligation, and assuming 30day SIMO: you would have to give notice to cancel the arrangement before you've even received the SIM to ensure that only the minimum term was chargeable, plus some companies incorrectly interpret the notice to cancel as an immediate cancellation instruction and it all becomes terribly messy. Likely best with some sort of one-off PAYG arrangement.
AndyRoyd2 m ago

Probably best to avoid SIMO for a one-off requirement cos of the usual …Probably best to avoid SIMO for a one-off requirement cos of the usual credit check obligation, and assuming 30day SIMO: you would have to give notice to cancel the arrangement before you've even received the SIM to ensure that only the minimum term was chargeable, plus some companies incorrectly interpret the notice to cancel as an immediate cancellation instruction and it all becomes terribly messy. Likely best with some sort of one-off PAYG arrangement.

Most companies should be fine with the one off thing as it's meant to be 30 days only. Sure, it's a bit of a hassle but it works out cheaper usually.

Otherwise, Superdrug Mobile (Three) have 4GB for £10 but you get £10 back in points on the first month and you don't have to auto renew.
Thanks all for comments. Having a think about it, I will probably just use data I have on my plan. I'm sure I can cope with 4gb. I have already downloaded lots, and theres free WiFi in the bar area apparently, so a few beers can be drunk whilst downloading a few more programs etc on netflix to my tablet.

Probably last minute overthinking on my behalf.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants