data allowance with internet services

5 replies
Found 14th Apr
i just spoke to ee to enquiry if they do unlimited data on 4g packages and was told they don't, bit to reverse that if i download a 10gb file it won't use 10gb of the allowance as it's pulling the file down differently to the full size. i have heard data explained this way and wondered if any truth to it? doesn't sound correct to me. if i download 10gb file it'll use 10gb of the allowance...

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

if you download a 10gb file then it will definitely use 10gb of your allowance

,yeah, as per chocci above. I reckon some phone salesman has pulled your pants down with that info!

Unless there is some network-based compression / expansion in place? EE-associated network Tmobile have or had a web-accelerator (example post) and 3 "optimise video streaming, so that you get a smoother streaming experience, and use less of any data allowances you might have. You shouldn’t notice any difference in video quality."

I thought torrent packets overlap so the data ends up more than file size. Direct download is the same size file vs data used all being well. Some corruption can happen so it's possible more data needed to pull correct data from server. I stand to be corrected though

AndyRoyd

Unless there is some network-based compression / expansion in place? … Unless there is some network-based compression / expansion in place? EE-associated network Tmobile have or had a web-accelerator (example post) and 3 "optimise video streaming, so that you get a smoother streaming experience, and use less of any data allowances you might have. You shouldn’t notice any difference in video quality."

Yes but the OP said download, not stream
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gatwick Airport Parking77
    2. Is this expensive?611
    3. Hot deals notification22
    4. How are these websites Direct2Mum, PreciousLittleOne?11

See more discussions