Data on EE?

Found 14th Jun
Long story short, I upgraded last month to a 40gb SIM Only deal and I've basically been hammering the data (in my eyes anyway) by watching videos, streaming and downloading apps. At one point, I was opting to tether from my phone to my PC whilst my WIFI at home was down. Checking yesterday evening and this morning, I still have 32gb left of data which is confusing. What's even more confusing is that checking on their site, my tariff is this:

2957945-dvx7h.jpg
Not really sure if I should be having unlimited data, but I'm hesitant to ask CS in case they revert me back to 40gb (not that I'd be able to use that anyway)

Is anyone else on the Unlimited minutes, text and 40gb data plan that shows the same as mine? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
this is probably unlimited data for a month or two as a trial
mattsk2 m ago

this is probably unlimited data for a month or two as a trial

That would make somewhat sense, thanks!
Ive never heard of that before, as in, EE giving away Unlimited Data whether trial or not,as far as I know EE dont do any Unlimited Data deals, as I checked with them this week re a Replacement for my T Mobile Full Monty Sim they keep wanting to take off me and put me on an EE Deal.

Personnalyy I would keep quiet about it and not contact EE you never know, I never seen that message regarding the Data allowance either, EE are pretty quick on the Update of Data used normally within a few mins.

How are you getting the Data Info, App?, what does it say if you type in ee.co.uk/status
Edited by: "zirk" 14th Jun
did you put the measure on your phone? when we were in spain, i used a lot of data via roaming and it was slow at updating the useage so it suddenly jumped one day to catch up, but that may be because i was roaming so there was a delay of the data feed back to EE.

however, on some days, the update was very quick but it was slow on others so i personally am cautious about the data measure on the EE app being that up to date, especially when heavy data has been used.
zirk1 h, 7 m ago

Ive never heard of that before, as in, EE giving away Unlimited Data …Ive never heard of that before, as in, EE giving away Unlimited Data whether trial or not,as far as I know EE dont do any Unlimited Data deals, as I checked with them this week re a Replacement for my T Mobile Full Monty Sim they keep wanting to take off me and put me on an EE Deal.Personnalyy I would keep quiet about it and not contact EE you never know, I never seen that message regarding the Data allowance either, EE are pretty quick on the Update of Data used normally within a few mins.How are you getting the Data Info, App?, what does it say if you type in ee.co.uk/status

I'm taking the information off their website, as in when I log in with my account details. My app itself doesn't make mention of unlimited data

mutley159 m ago

did you put the measure on your phone? when we were in spain, i used a …did you put the measure on your phone? when we were in spain, i used a lot of data via roaming and it was slow at updating the useage so it suddenly jumped one day to catch up, but that may be because i was roaming so there was a delay of the data feed back to EE.however, on some days, the update was very quick but it was slow on others so i personally am cautious about the data measure on the EE app being that up to date, especially when heavy data has been used.

Not put any measure on my phone that I know of. I'm used to the data updating itself after an hour or two at most, but it's been 24 hours already and my data hasn't moved besides 100-200mb even though I've been watched a couple of streams etc. Very strange occurances, and that's before you get onto my EE bill itself..
AzNDeals41 m ago

I'm taking the information off their website, as in when I log in with my …I'm taking the information off their website, as in when I log in with my account details. My app itself doesn't make mention of unlimited dataNot put any measure on my phone that I know of. I'm used to the data updating itself after an hour or two at most, but it's been 24 hours already and my data hasn't moved besides 100-200mb even though I've been watched a couple of streams etc. Very strange occurances, and that's before you get onto my EE bill itself..

As said what does it tell you when you visit ee.co.uk/status on your browser, either on the phone or on your PC Browser if your Tethering from the Sim.
zirk3 m ago

As said what does it tell you when you visit ee.co.uk/status on your …As said what does it tell you when you visit ee.co.uk/status on your browser, either on the phone or on your PC Browser if your Tethering from the Sim.

Link on my phone brings me to a network service checker?
AzNDeals6 m ago

Link on my phone brings me to a network service checker?

Probably HDUK messing about with the Link, dont use the link type in directly intp your Browser, Im going to change it so it doent become a Link again by missing out the dots. this - but in Browser speak

eeDOTcoDOTukFORWARDSLASHstatus
zirk1 h, 12 m ago

Probably HDUK messing about with the Link, dont use the link type in …Probably HDUK messing about with the Link, dont use the link type in directly intp your Browser, Im going to change it so it doent become a Link again by missing out the dots. this - but in Browser speakeeDOTcoDOTukFORWARDSLASHstatus

Ah, thanks. I can see that according to that I still have 32gb left, as per the app. I'm tempted to try and run down my data at the end of the month just to see what happens because this is really strange! My monthly before discounts is £50 for some reason..
AzNDeals2 h, 34 m ago

I'm taking the information off their website, as in when I log in with my …I'm taking the information off their website, as in when I log in with my account details. My app itself doesn't make mention of unlimited dataNot put any measure on my phone that I know of. I'm used to the data updating itself after an hour or two at most, but it's been 24 hours already and my data hasn't moved besides 100-200mb even though I've been watched a couple of streams etc. Very strange occurances, and that's before you get onto my EE bill itself..

that sounds like EE is having difficulty measuring your data accurately at the moment as it was racking up large amounts of data when I was using my phone in spain and on holiday in the UK. i wasn't even watching videos!
I have noticed that with EE their app / online system does not always show accurate usage especially data immediately especially around billing time. I would wait a couple of working days and check again .
beware if you are on a business tarif they allow you to go over the limit then automatically throw in a chargeable addon
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants