Groups

Data protection act

Hi,
    I am currently dealing with the local council social services dept., they tell me they cannot communicate via email as this is a breach of the data protection act,they have to use the postal service...
    Anyone know if this is true ?
    As far as i was aware I could request communication via email and would prefer to do so.

Thanks for any help. :-)

4 Comments

It's not a breach, but they will have their own regulations to follow, and you will have a slim to nil possibility of changing that.

Whilst they gave you the wrong information, they are not obliged to communicate by e-mail.

They are wrong as if you were to email them under the FOI (Freedom of Information) Act they are obliged to communicate via email, they are doing nothing but hindering a process and wasting money using franked envelopes and paper. They should be refering to Information Governance and NOT Data Protection, its being used lately as an excuse way too often with very little weight behind it.

Banned

Alfonse

They are wrong as if you were to email them under the FOI (Freedom of … They are wrong as if you were to email them under the FOI (Freedom of Information) Act they are obliged to communicate via email, they are doing nothing but hindering a process and wasting money using franked envelopes and paper. They should be refering to Information Governance and NOT Data Protection, its being used lately as an excuse way too often with very little weight behind it.

Amen.

if you write to them in hard copy form and tell them that you wish to communicate via email and give them your email address they have to do it - they need a copy of your signature asking for this method to be used
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?1719
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291
      4. Fifa 18 web app Now active.33

See more discussions