Groups

DATA TRANSFER FROM 20G HDD TO 60G HDD XBOX360

Hi,
    Just looking for some info on how to transfer the data on my old 20g hdd to my new 60g one,

i am aware microsoft were giving out data cables when you bought an elite,but is this also the case for a 60g upgrade ?

22 Comments

u cant transfer from 20 to 60 only from 20 to 120

yea jut tell them youve bought a 120GB hard drive from comet or w/e they shud give you one.

Original Poster

t0mm;3596625

yea jut tell them youve bought a 120GB hard drive from comet or w/e they … yea jut tell them youve bought a 120GB hard drive from comet or w/e they shud give you one.

will that do the job on the 60g ?

junkenstein73;3596717

will that do the job on the 60g ?

Yeh it should do. I wouldnt tell them you go a 120gb one though as they might send you an old software disc. Just tell them your situation and they should send you one.

The transfer cable only works on the 120gb hard drive I'm afraid

Jonny_K;3596748

The transfer cable only works on the 120gb hard drive I'm afraid

WRONG!!!
    Dont speak without the knowledge.

deathtrap3000;3596754

WRONG!!!Dont speak without the knowledge.

Have you done it yourself then?

Jonny_K;3596806

Have you done it yourself then?

Yeh. So please look it up before you post incorrect information.

Ive done it too and it dont work so dont start sayin hes wrong !

MarzBarz;3596874

Ive done it too and it dont work so dont start sayin hes wrong !

Did you use a disc from the 120gb pack or did you use one of the new ones sent from microsoft?

deathtrap3000;3596864

Yeh. So please look it up before you post incorrect information.

Apologies if I'm wrong, was only going on what the guy's at gamestation told me

Jonny_K;3596939

Apologies if I'm wrong, was only going on what the guy's at gamestation … Apologies if I'm wrong, was only going on what the guy's at gamestation told me

If you were told by someone at gamestation, then no apologies are necessary. I should be apologising to you. Those dunces at gamestation dont know anything.

Important Content can only ever be moved from a smaller source drive to a destination drive that is the same size or larger and only one time. For example, the following hard drive pairings allow transfer from source to (">") destination:
    20GB > 20GB
    20GB > 60GB
    20GB > 120GB
    60GB > 60GB
    60GB > 120GB
    120GB > 120GB

You must have the newer software though as the older ones made before the 60gb came out dont know it exists and thats why it doesnt work.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3596981

Important Content can only ever be moved from a smaller source drive to a … Important Content can only ever be moved from a smaller source drive to a destination drive that is the same size or larger and only one time. For example, the following hard drive pairings allow transfer from source to (">") destination:20GB > 20GB20GB > 60GB20GB > 120GB60GB > 60GB60GB > 120GB120GB > 120GBYou must have the newer software though as the older ones made before the 60gb came out dont know it exists and thats why it doesnt work.

Thanks for the info mate, have just e-mailed them so it's wait and see if they will help..

One of the moderators posted a deal about a 360 HDD (sigma) and phoned microsoft to check about the free transfer kit for 20 to 60gb. And CONFIRMED that they send out free ones for this too.

The info on the website and .pdf hasnt been updated but definatly includes the ability to transfer to the 60 from a 20

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;3597174

One of the moderators posted a deal about a 360 HDD (sigma) and phoned … One of the moderators posted a deal about a 360 HDD (sigma) and phoned microsoft to check about the free transfer kit for 20 to 60gb. And CONFIRMED that they send out free ones for this too.The info on the website and .pdf hasnt been updated but definatly includes the ability to transfer to the 60 from a 20

Thats great news, cheers:)

I was on the phone to Microsoft about this yesterday, and they will send a free data migration kit out for 20 to 60 transfer, they need both serial numbers though.

Their system was down when I called last night, so have to ring again tonight to finalise it all.

Original Poster

Bobbajob;3597330

I was on the phone to Microsoft about this yesterday, and they will send … I was on the phone to Microsoft about this yesterday, and they will send a free data migration kit out for 20 to 60 transfer, they need both serial numbers though.Their system was down when I called last night, so have to ring again tonight to finalise it all.

I dont have the old console now just the hdd,

Don't suppose you fancy chucking it my way after you have done yours

I don't see why not.
    It's not been sent to me yet though and could take up to 10 days.
    So if you're desperate, maybe someone else has one you could borrow.

Original Poster

thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

do you need the serial number from the console or the hdd (are these the same ?)

It's the serial number of the console they asked me for, don't even know if the HDs have a serial number.
    Mine is ordered now and should be 10 to 12 working days.. whatever that means.

Original Poster

the hd's do have a seriel number, anyone know if these are the same as the console ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1635
      2. Any Xbox One news today?2356128
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1324
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220

See more discussions