Groups

daughter wants a guitar

Banned
    an aquistic (however you spell it) cannot afford lessons so how she go about learning to play it, can you learn from books etc,etc

22 Comments

Banned

acoustic

there are lots of tutorials on youtube

Acoustic hun - I self taught myself - Get some "Guitar Tab" stuff - shows the chords as the positions the fingers need to be in - with practise she'll get better at switching from chord to chord et viola! You can live off her success! :lol:

Original Poster Banned

are we talking under a £100 to get her started or loads more?

sassie;5086269

are we talking under a £100 to get her started or loads more?

Easy under a ton - how old is she? You can get 3/4 size guitars for smaller people . . . .

Original Poster Banned

mbgringo;5086276

Easy under a ton - how old is she? You can get 3/4 size guitars for … Easy under a ton - how old is she? You can get 3/4 size guitars for smaller people . . . .

She is 15, and by no means small, shes 5ft 8in

Buy a good one, none of that Home Bargain rubbish. I taught myself with books, but there is so much on the internet today that will help. I think a book is the best idea though.

sassie;5086281

She is 15, and by no means small, shes 5ft 8in

Ok - still get a nice full size starter set for under a ton - try and look in local music shops, they have nicer kit than Argos etc. and will give good advice

Original Poster Banned

Predikuesi;5086297

Buy a good one, none of that Home Bargain rubbish. I taught myself with … Buy a good one, none of that Home Bargain rubbish. I taught myself with books, but there is so much on the internet today that will help. I think a book is the best idea though.

no she doesnt want cheap tat, she wants a good one, not overly happy incase its a passing fad but this is what she wants, she plans on buying the guitar herself if she can save enough

mbgringo;5086309

Ok - still get a nice full size starter set for under a ton - try and … Ok - still get a nice full size starter set for under a ton - try and look in local music shops, they have nicer kit than Argos etc. and will give good advice

The only problem with Argos is that the guitars will not have been stored correctly. A dedicated music shop would be best.

Original Poster Banned

ok thanks everyone, maybe start looking around, although i think we only have one music shop in shrewsury so it wont take me long - lol

county-music.co.uk/vin…asp

There you go - county music in Shrewsbury - nice pink one for £119 (stereotypical girl colour . . .) lots of choice from around £80

sassie;5086320

no she doesnt want cheap tat, she wants a good one, not overly happy … no she doesnt want cheap tat, she wants a good one, not overly happy incase its a passing fad but this is what she wants, she plans on buying the guitar herself if she can save enough

Get her to take her time with it. It is trying to hard that causes discouragement and giving up.

sassie;5086340

ok thanks everyone, maybe start looking around, although i think we only … ok thanks everyone, maybe start looking around, although i think we only have one music shop in shrewsury so it wont take me long - lol

You've got 3 . . . .

Original Poster Banned

mbgringo;5086352

http://www.county-music.co.uk/vintage-v300-pink-750-p.aspThere you go - … http://www.county-music.co.uk/vintage-v300-pink-750-p.aspThere you go - county music in Shrewsbury - nice pink one for £119 (stereotypical girl colour . . .) lots of choice from around £80

ha,ha,ha thats one she seen, she didnt know the price, she said she liked it in the window - lol

for my 10p worth

guitarvillage.co.uk/pro…New

but its all in the feel man.... the person should not choose the guitar... the guitar should choose the person :whistling:

Sassie - yamaha f310 acoustic guitar gets really good reviews and you can get a starter kit for about £80. There have been some deals posted on here for it (woolies Nov 08) with lots of useful info.......

I'll find the thread

hotukdeals.com/ite…ac/

You can get the basic pack for about £88 from Argos
    argos.co.uk/web…ack

Original Poster Banned

starsparkle2311;5086377

you live in Shrewsbury, WOW, posh!!!!We had a music shop in our town, it … you live in Shrewsbury, WOW, posh!!!!We had a music shop in our town, it is now closed, luckily my Dad had an old guitar, have you checked Freecycle Sassie?Many people buy guitars with the intention of learning, or for their kids who lose interest, it may be worth asking on there.

yep, lived her all of my life, well from the age of 1 - lol

i canna get to grips with that freecycle place

grab a nice lil cd rom to learn with cheap off the net or from smiths, has videos and voices, better then a book.

Definitely get her to look on youtube for tutorials, I bought my daughter a keyboard and she played chop sticks on it for 2 years, then discovered youtube and now can play loads of songs, it's quite scary, you walk passed her door and hear the Fray or maybe Rihanna... lol

She sounds like a pro, and can show off to her mates lol

Original Poster Banned

Thank you all, all repped fro your help, will have to take some time out with her and go looking around some shops

Banned

Buy her one then.
    Anything to keep her quiet....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming Monitor33
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?11
      3. Car park fine UKPC55
      4. debenhams lancome order11

See more discussions