David Beckham trainning at Spurs Today.

Money,Money & more Money.
How much can one selfish person/family want ?

32 Comments

why are they paying him to train with them??

Banned

What on earth is the OP moaning about?

Or is this just jealousy coming through?

jealous much?

What?

Banned

barky

why are they paying him to train with them??

I would like to think they are not! (He should be paying Spurs!)

Original Poster

Jealous- YES

Is it Correct-NO

People starving all over the world & they have over £100 Million & still want more.
Edited by: "WheresMeNuts" 10th Jan 2011

guv

I would like to think they are not! (He should be paying Spurs!)

If he was going to play for them,then fair enough,but op is suggesting he is getting paid to train-why would that be? do spurs think that he will raise morale or something and put a monetary value on that?

Banned

WheresMeNuts

Jealous- YESIs it Correct-NOPeople starving all over the world & they … Jealous- YESIs it Correct-NOPeople starving all over the world & they over 100 Million & still want more.

Is what correct? He's a footballer, Tottenham tend to hire a fair few footballers.....what's the problem?

You realise Spurs didn't have to choose paying Beckham or giving money to starving people don't you? That money had been allocated for 'Footballers'.

barky

If he was going to play for them,then fair enough,but op is suggesting he … If he was going to play for them,then fair enough,but op is suggesting he is getting paid to train-why would that be? do spurs think that he will raise morale or something and put a monetary value on that?

Good PR for spurs

Good for the county if he wants to play for england still

Good for the future of british football

Good for the uk in general as he is one of out best ambassadors around the world

The fact that he (unlike his wife)is a general good egg and decent chap

(based on my minimal knowledge of football)

Not sure he is doing it for the money either

Edited by: "boothy" 10th Jan 2011

He's not getting paid by Spurs. He's training to stay fit in the off season of the MLS and his wages are being paid by the Galaxy as per any footballer in the off season.

Epic fail thread

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry

Is what correct? He's a footballer, Tottenham tend to hire a fair few … Is what correct? He's a footballer, Tottenham tend to hire a fair few footballers.....what's the problem?You realise Spurs didn't have to choose paying Beckham or giving money to starving people don't you? That money had been allocated for 'Footballers'.

So Spurs don't have a magic-Wand ?

boothy

Good PR for spursGood for the county if he wants to play for england … Good PR for spursGood for the county if he wants to play for england stillGood for the future of british footballGood for the uk in general as he is one of out best ambassadors around the worldThe fact that he (unlike his wife)is a general good egg and decent chap(based on my minimal knowledge of football)

All 100% True,But to have your kids move around the world from School to School just for money is a little wrong is it not.

He is doing a job that he loves and that means more to him than the money, plus with a growing family to support he is doing what any father would do and support them, where's the problem?

WheresMeNuts

Jealous- YESIs it Correct-NOPeople starving all over the world & they … Jealous- YESIs it Correct-NOPeople starving all over the world & they have over £100 Million & still want more.

I've only good words to say about the beckhams, they bought my lad a bike which cost £1500.

Original Poster

Syzable

He's not getting paid by Spurs. He's training to stay fit in the off … He's not getting paid by Spurs. He's training to stay fit in the off season of the MLS and his wages are being paid by the Galaxy as per any footballer in the off season.Epic fail thread

Maybe True,But I'll hold my breath.

dailystar.co.uk/new…rs-

Banned

WheresMeNuts

]All 100% True,But to have your kids move around the world from School to … ]All 100% True,But to have your kids move around the world from School to School just for money is a little wrong is it not.

Why is it wrong? I know of parents who take their kids around the world so that they get different experiences.

I'm pretty sure they can afford tutors too to provide consistency if they feel they need it.

The kids will be able to see their relatives - more important in my book than being schooled in only one place. Also Mrs B is pregnant again isn't she - nice to be near her family. Also David probably has lots to do in the UK and wants to stay fit and get his footballing skills back up to scratch - hence training with a top club and with more skillful players than in the US.
Lots of good reason why, IMO, they have chosen well.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry

Why is it wrong? I know of parents who take their kids around the world … Why is it wrong? I know of parents who take their kids around the world so that they get different experiences. I'm pretty sure they can afford tutors too to provide consistency if they feel they need it.

A good Parent would not move the kids from School to school at such a young age,In fact even if the kids where in Teens Years you still would not do it (Well most parents I would think).Like I said it's all about money.
As for the Fail thread........Sky News are also saying it could lead to a Loan deal.

When apple pie and custard tastes of bile and engine oil,
When sunny skies are raining in your heart,
When innocent expressions find capacity to spoil
The perfect day that you are still to start,
When love becomes a burden and a kiss can't set you free,
You've found the mental illness that we label jealousy.

Banned

WheresMeNuts

A good Parent would not move the kids from School to school at such a … A good Parent would not move the kids from School to school at such a young age,In fact even if the kids where in Teens Years you still would not do it (Well most parents I would think).Like I said it's all about money.As for the Fail thread........Sky News are also saying it could lead to a Loan deal.

Good parents come in different forms and bring their kids up in different ways.

I think it's hugely judgmental to say what they're doing is wrong. Their kids will get the best education money can buy and they'll live in some of the most vibrant, cultural areas in the world.

This is sounding more and more like jealousy.

WheresMeNuts

As for the Fail thread........Sky News are also saying it could lead to a … As for the Fail thread........Sky News are also saying it could lead to a Loan deal.

And it would still make no difference.....he'd be paid by Spurs instead of LA Galaxy for a couple of months is all.

So he is greedy for getting paid to play rather than getting paid to sunbathe? X)

Original Poster

chesso

The kids will be able to see their relatives - more important in my book … The kids will be able to see their relatives - more important in my book than being schooled in only one place. Also Mrs B is pregnant again isn't she - nice to be near her family. Also David probably has lots to do in the UK and wants to stay fit and get his footballing skills back up to scratch - hence training with a top club and with more skillful players than in the US.Lots of good reason why, IMO, they have chosen well.

All of what you have said is all of what I was referring to.
So they where wrong to go to a poorer football nation like USA ?
If Yes then that confirms they put Money before Football & to be nearer Family then why go to America in first place.We all know he could have stayed in UK & played for a top club,but he choose USA because of Money.

This thead has a strange undercurrent of hate jealousy and obsession oO

Original Poster

Syzable

This thead has a strange undercurrent of hate jealousy and obsession oO

I think you have missed the point as I've already Stated.
Would I like to earn his Money--YES
Would I keep saying I'm a Football man,even after I sold my skills to a poor football nation like USA-NO
Would I call myself & partner great parents moving my kids from school to school all the time- NO

So much respect for David Beckham . If only all our players who put on an England shirt showed as much passion about the game England would not be so dire . I would welcome him back in the England team any day and i hope he has a managerial job when he can no longer kick a ball

Banned

I love the Beckhams.

Such a nice little family.

WheresMeNuts

So Spurs don't have a magic-Wand ?All 100% True,But to have your kids … So Spurs don't have a magic-Wand ?All 100% True,But to have your kids move around the world from School to School just for money is a little wrong is it not.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/05/article-1344350-0C8A035D000005DC-890_468x377.jpg

not as evil as giving your sons bowl haircuts

Original Poster

Geez I could have swore that's a half smile on her face.
I would also say she is Obsessed with fame.

Just my thoughts of course.

WheresMeNuts

Geez I could have swore that's a half smile on her face.I would also say … Geez I could have swore that's a half smile on her face.I would also say she is Obsessed with fame.Just my thoughts of course.

The whole family are though, it's unlikely that they even know how to live outside the public eye any more. If this is really what he desires then why not though? Fair enough, they could give more to charity and be a bit more considerate but surely the same could be said for any multi-millionaire.

You can never make 'enough' money, its the way humans are. Bill Gates is, supposedly, the richest man in the world but I'm sure he'd love to sell a few more Xboxs... For rich people, after a while money becomes less about the value of it but as a means of measurement of your progress, a yard stick of your success.

That's my theory anyway...

Original Poster

thrustmaster

The whole family are though, it's unlikely that they even know how to … The whole family are though, it's unlikely that they even know how to live outside the public eye any more. If this is really what he desires then why not though? Fair enough, they could give more to charity and be a bit more considerate but surely the same could be said for any multi-millionaire.

But most Millionaires are not in the Public-eye & saying how much they love Football & how great Parents they are.
If he was 100% a Football man then I can't see why he would have choose USA over Europe if it's got nothing to do with Money.
Also they are not my kids,But I still, like lots of people think it's wrong to bring kids up & have them moving from School to school every 2nd year.
Being nearer family for her 4th child is nonsense as they would never have left in the first place or would have been back sooner.

I don't get what the fuss is about. Even if the loan goes through, he's still contracted to LA Galaxy. So either they'll pay his wage or Spurs will. It's not like he gets two wages?!

Yes he has his sponsorships, yes if he does step into a spurs shirt it'll create media hype. But that's modern day football.

Is he demanding £250,000 a week like Tevez, Yaya Toure and Wayne Rooney? No.

He could retire if he wanted, but he loves the sport, you can tell that. Who else would 'want' to come here from the states and freeze, not to get a game and just train.

I'd personally take the holiday in there season break.

Don't get the problem.

Thierry Henry training at Arsenal for his MLS pre-season.

Edited by: "greg_68" 10th Jan 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763990
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087

See more discussions