Found 4th Mar
Gassed from Round 6 onwards.
His team threw the towel in. Bellew is a natural light heavy weight/cruiserweight.

Absolutely abysmal performance. Shows why he ducked Shannon Briggs. AJ would have killed him.

Fair play Bellew you've rid the sport of an absolute helmet.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
46 Comments

His achilles tendon went. Guy showed massive courage continuing to fight with an injury like that.

So sad really wanted Haye to win

Never been a fan of David Haye but tonight the guy wont my respect, he showed great heart and he had true grit.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 6th Mar

Original Poster

Haye deserves little respect for how he acted in numerous press conferences before the fight. Bellew is irritating but he isnt a liar. He is what he is. A scouser with a very strong chin and a lot of courage.

Even before round 6 Bellew was winning on points.

It's not hard to see why Haye is unliked by the majority of the boxing world.

Okay he tried to carry on with the leg injury but that's because Tony gave him so much stick about quitting before. He had to save face. Reckon Tony would have won on points even without an injury.
Edited by: "DT89" 5th Mar

Bellew still didn't manage to finish him though. Haye was on one leg and his corner still had to throw the towel in. He managed to box and hold his own for about 5 rounds..

Haye would have won without that injury, albeit not as easily as I thought he would have. I really wasn't a fan of either but Haye deserves a lot of credit to continue to fight like he did. Bellew also deserves credit taking those big punches.

I don't understand how Hayes wasn't grimacing in pain from the injury though?

Original Poster

Dabstar

Haye would have won without that injury, albeit not as easily as I … Haye would have won without that injury, albeit not as easily as I thought he would have. I really wasn't a fan of either but Haye deserves a lot of credit to continue to fight like he did. Bellew also deserves credit taking those big punches.

Bellew would have won on points. I think Haye won one round up until round 6 and then it was all Bellew after that.

garcia vs thurman is going to be good later today

Bellew won fair and square

It was a load of bloody rubbish

I don't much like haye but what An incredible display of heart from haye most people wouldn't even walk 3 steps with that kind of injury let along go 11 rounds
Bellew could hardly beat a man on one leg!!

Until you've been in the ring and felt punches like that you will never understand it. Respect to both fighters tonight.

You must have watched a different fight haye got injured and not by bellew. Bellew got gassed. Without the injury haye would have beat him.

Haye showed a lot of heart and not because bellew said hed quit.

Haye was up 4-1 after the first 5 rounds according to Froches card. In my opinion he was the better fighter up till that point. Yeah bellew may have gone on to win as Haye tired, but maybe not, we will never know.

But you can't say that Bellew can take any pride in that win. Unable to finish off a guy with one leg, you could see he wasn't proud of the win as soon as the towel went in, he looked embarrassed and refused to celebrate. Then the massive love in and rematch talk was just painful to watch

Oh and bellew thinking he can beat anyone now and saying wilder X) he beat an injured haye and only just.

jax619

Oh and bellew thinking he can beat anyone now and saying wilder X) he … Oh and bellew thinking he can beat anyone now and saying wilder X) he beat an injured haye and only just.

​Wilder does swing wildly but trust me, once he makes contact...Bellew will be hitting the deck faster than you can say 'Koeman's barmy army'

Original Poster

Triggered.

Original Poster

If I was Bellew I'd go back to cruiser not challenge people like Wilder lol.

After Haye failed to put Bellew down by round 5 (pre injury) it would have taken a huge KO or performance of a lifetime to prove to the boxing world he is still world class.

Goodbye David. You ducked Fury twice and then Briggs. You are bad for boxing.

damn that scouser!!

Creed 2 is now gonna be a real thing!

dtovey89

If I was Bellew I'd go back to cruiser not challenge people like Wilder … If I was Bellew I'd go back to cruiser not challenge people like Wilder lol. After Haye failed to put Bellew down by round 5 (pre injury) it would have taken a huge KO or performance of a lifetime to prove to the boxing world he is still world class. Goodbye David. You ducked Fury twice and then Briggs. You are bad for boxing.

I have to agree Haye should of put him down pre injury but you got to give him credit for carrying on.
Bellew should of put an end to Haye easily after the injury and couldn't.
I don't want to see a rematch Haye should just hang up now.

Original Poster

Bellew should try and unify the cruiserweight division and then retire.

Going against true heavyweights who aren't frauds and/or injury prone would be dangerous for him.

Original Poster

larrylightweight

I have to agree Haye should of put him down pre injury but you got to … I have to agree Haye should of put him down pre injury but you got to give him credit for carrying on. Bellew should of put an end to Haye easily after the injury and couldn't. I don't want to see a rematch Haye should just hang up now.

Yeah I think he was tired. Carrying around all that extra weight can't be good for stamina. Bellew did do well countering Hayes big hits in the early rounds. Haye did look a little bit shook in round 4-5 before the injury. I think he thought he'd have it wrapped up by then.

I was gutted when haye got injured because I wanted to see how it would pan out, Bellews plan of avoiding getting knocked out early and waiting for Haye to tire was working, but in the later rounds Bellew also looked shattered. Would have been an interesting fight

Original Poster

sparxuk

I was gutted when haye got injured because I wanted to see how it would … I was gutted when haye got injured because I wanted to see how it would pan out, Bellews plan of avoiding getting knocked out early and waiting for Haye to tire was working, but in the later rounds Bellew also looked shattered. Would have been an interesting fight

All Haye would have needed is one big punch which he does or did have in his locker. Without the balance of two legs it was mission impossible for Haye. However, Bellew would have got up if Haye knocked him down. He did it in the fight when he won the WBA Cruiserweight belt. If Bellew troubled Haye in the later rounds and actually knocked him down im not sure Haye would have shook it off. He looked a spent force even in the early rounds. Nothing like the Haye of the late noughties despite looking in amazing shape.
Edited by: "DT89" 5th Mar

damnit forgot to watch yet again, bellew looking like a right tubber though at heavyweight and did well despite that
not that you'd ever pick him as any sort of athlete at normal weight anwyay
Edited by: "brilly" 5th Mar

Original Poster

Apparently Bellew broke his hand in the second round

Haye is done because he's got an achilles injury at age 36. I've seen top athletes and decent amateurs suffer similar injuries and the result is always the same - go down, go off.

I've never seen someone try and continue, let alone for five rounds of boxing. That is unbelievable.

But it seems like the rumours before the fight were true. Haye was injured, still got in the ring and was well in the fight (I had him leading from where I was stood in the O2) and carried on after suffering an injury that will fell 99% of people.

Bellew came out of that fight as someone who took five rounds to 'knock out' a boxer who couldn't throw a proper punch. Haye comes out of that fight as someone who had the grit to stay on his feet when he should've retired on his stool.

dtovey89

Apparently Bellew broke his hand in the second round

Haye did not help his credbility by his comments before the fight
Bellew did not help his by struggling to beat a man on one leg
And i just broke my hand typing this

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Haye is done because he's got an achilles injury at age 36. I've seen top … Haye is done because he's got an achilles injury at age 36. I've seen top athletes and decent amateurs suffer similar injuries and the result is always the same - go down, go off.I've never seen someone try and continue, let alone for five rounds of boxing. That is unbelievable.But it seems like the rumours before the fight were true. Haye was injured, still got in the ring and was well in the fight (I had him leading from where I was stood in the O2) and carried on after suffering an injury that will fell 99% of people.Bellew came out of that fight as someone who took five rounds to 'knock out' a boxer who couldn't throw a proper punch. Haye comes out of that fight as someone who had the grit to stay on his feet when he should've retired on his stool.

Nice of you to ignore the fact that Bellew broke his hand in the second round.

That no doubt played a role in his punching power and even with Haye all over the place probably wasn't worth the risk doing more damage unless Haye was literally on the way out which happened in the 11th.

Bellew was also gassing because he's carrying more than an extra stone than he normally does.

madmax666

Haye did not help his credbility by his comments before the fightBellew … Haye did not help his credbility by his comments before the fightBellew did not help his by struggling to beat a man on one legAnd i just broke my hand typing this

That makes you the next opponent for either Haye or Bellew according to the WBO stsndings

Haye vs bellew Best scrap between a scouser and someone with one leg since Paul McCartney and Heather Mills divorce settlement

larrylightweight

Haye vs bellew Best scrap between a scouser and someone with one leg … Haye vs bellew Best scrap between a scouser and someone with one leg since Paul McCartney and Heather Mills divorce settlement

74th time I've seen that joke today..

dataload

74th time I've seen that joke today..

Not sure what worse the joke or you counting how many times you've read it oO

Banned

squizzle

His achilles tendon went. Guy showed massive courage continuing to fight … His achilles tendon went. Guy showed massive courage continuing to fight with an injury like that.

If that is 100% true he would be hopping whilst boxing.

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

To be fair he was. After the sixth round he hopped back to his seat.

During the rounds he was almlst constantly leaning on the ropes for balance and when he had to move was dragging his leg. He wasn't throwing anything with his right because that's the leg that was injured.

I don't know if it was his achilles but there was definitely an injury there.

YouDontWantToKnow

Adrenaline whilst boxing in any contact sport kicks in you don't feel the real pain until after. But you could see the pain he was in clear as day he hopped about quite a bit, hell he even went to the other side of the ring and rested on the ropes back facing inwards a few times he continued in pain. I was watching the tv and shouting at the ref to end it. This is what haye wanted he wanted somebody else to end it for him he wasn't going to do it himself out of pride and I don't blame him I didn't much like haye but I have upmost respect for him carrying on with that much pain. Been in the ring hurts enough without that kind of injury believe me I know.

No surprise. all looking for a final good pay day. Just like Amir Khan.

Ok then own up who set fire to Floyd Mayweather’s tour van in Birmingham today X) X) X)

larrylightweight

Not sure what worse the joke or you counting how many times you've read … Not sure what worse the joke or you counting how many times you've read it oO

I said seen, not read

Banned

larrylightweight

Adrenaline whilst boxing in any contact sport kicks in you don't feel the … Adrenaline whilst boxing in any contact sport kicks in you don't feel the real pain until after.

No amount of adrenaline can save you from a broken achilles.Your foot simply will not work. A bit like a dead leg or arm. Completely out of your control. He probably just had a sprained ankle.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android pay set up610
    2. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    3. Christmas presents510
    4. Mobile phone advice33

See more discussions