Groups

David Haye v Nikolai Valuev

whos watching the fight on saturday?

which round do you think haye will be stopped?

42 Comments

Valuev will go down in the 5th :thumbsup:

I've never seen vakuev fight but will be watching this one.

Does anyone know of a link on the web for this fight?

Haye to win come on david!!!!

Poker night with the lads and watching the fight. Can't Wait.

what time does that fight start?

black gerbil1;6800487

+1! I heard (not on the internetz) that Haye wanted it later so he had a bigger audience and missed X-Factor! True?! :whistling:

Ciderbob;6800559

+1! I heard (not on the internetz) that Haye wanted it later so he had a … +1! I heard (not on the internetz) that Haye wanted it later so he had a bigger audience and missed X-Factor! True?! :whistling:

Yep apparently he isn't leaving his dressing room till at least 10pm UK time so that peeps are watching him and not Xfactor. I can't wait, watched a few of Valuev's fights on the tube, he isn't as slow as people say. I hope David can do it!

Even the missus, who can't understand why I enjoy watching boxing, says she wants to watch this one!

Original Poster

Johniemac;6800453

sounds like my thing, hope the cards are in your favour.
    black gerbil1;6800487

enter the ring 9:30, fight starts 10pm
    Starr;6800358

Valuev will go down in the 5th :thumbsup:

what do you base that on?
    mark halsall;6800395

Haye to win come on david!!!!

what do you base that on?
    i have never seen valuev fight, he is a big boy with limited boxing skills, but i just see haye as being to light to do any damage, i'm probably wrong, but i cant see it

Original Poster

theyiddo;6800605

Even the missus, who can't understand why I enjoy watching boxing, says … Even the missus, who can't understand why I enjoy watching boxing, says she wants to watch this one!

freak show factor

http://img.skysports.com/09/09/480/Ricky-Hatton-Valuev-David-Haye-PA_2364445.jpg

Original Poster

dont think i would take on valuev even if i had a gun, i would be so scared of having a bad aim and shooting his ear lob off and making very angry

If you read the "Sport" free mag today, it mentions that both Valuev's parents were 5ft 5. Hmmm.....sounds to me like they were a couple of tiny scientists and he's one big experiment!

Its free to view on 19E for all those with sats

gonna be funny, body shots only lol..

DudeyGeeza;6800796

gonna be funny, body shots only lol..

....and maybe one or 2 to the kneecap!

I'm hoping Haye takes him down with a Street fighter style Upper cut!

haye to win within 8 rounds

haye doesnt hit as hard as he thinks he does imo, hes fast but punching up that high may take any sting out of his shots, dont see haye lasting 5

black gerbil1;6800487

5 live are starting their coverage at 9.30pm with the fight scheduled to start at around 9.55pm. I think, I was still half asleep this morning.

David Haye’s WBA heavyweight title challenge against Nikolai Valuev has been knocked off its time slot thanks to Jedward et al as The X Factor threat is too great for the Londoner.
    Haye faces the 7ft Russian Giant in Nuremberg, Germany in search of his first world title in the division and the fight was scheduled by German broadcasters to take place around 9.30pm UK time.
    However, Haye and trainer Adam Booth would rather face “The Beast from the East” than Simon Cowell, with both adamant they will not fight till after 10pm due to The X Factor showing on STV.
    The bout, billed as “David and Goliath”, is being shown in the UK by Sky Box Office. Sky are paying Haye part of his purse and are worried they will lose thousands of pay-per-view customers if it clashes with the highly popular talent show.
    Speaking to The Mirror, Booth said: "Someone showed me something sent out by German broadcasters, which said that David's fight starts around 9.30 UK time. That's not the case.
    "We have a contract and one of the things in the contract says that David's ring walk starts any time between 10pm and 10.30pm British time. So we expect him to walk out just after 10pm.
    "What can they do? If they try and get us out early, we'll just say no. If they want to turn the cameras off, let them turn them off. They're not going to cancel the big event for the sake of 10 minutes.
    "We have a contract. We have honored that contract and we expect them to do the same."
    ]source

Now I'm not trying to stereotype here (or pigeon-hole people)....but I hardly think your average X Factor viewer is going to be a massive boxing fan anyway!

theyiddo;6801647

Now I'm not trying to stereotype here (or pigeon-hole people)....but I … Now I'm not trying to stereotype here (or pigeon-hole people)....but I hardly think your average X Factor viewer is going to be a massive boxing fan anyway!

rest haye and stick jedward in the ring:thumbsup:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00921/john-and-edward_682_921095a.jpg

theyiddo;6801647

Now I'm not trying to stereotype here (or pigeon-hole people)....but I … Now I'm not trying to stereotype here (or pigeon-hole people)....but I hardly think your average X Factor viewer is going to be a massive boxing fan anyway!

I'm just glad it doesn't clash with strictly.

Valuev the freakish giant + constant winding up = Death!
    I'd like to see Haye win but that bloke is huge, I think his best bet is to move about alot & try to win on points.

If an old,washed up holyfield can beat valuev, so can haye. I warn you tho, Valuev is boring as hell, just a jabbing machine.

Im more interested to see if haye can knock him out, would be interested to see that 7ft giant fall, but i imagine haye will be cautious and just outbox him

ants97;6801711

I'm just glad it doesn't clash with strictly.

lmfao.

what time is this???

solarforce;6800607

sounds like my thing, hope the cards are in your favour.enter the ring … sounds like my thing, hope the cards are in your favour.enter the ring 9:30, fight starts 10pmwhat do you base that on? what do you base that on? i have never seen valuev fight, he is a big boy with limited boxing skills, but i just see haye as being to light to do any damage, i'm probably wrong, but i cant see it

Because hollyfield took valuev all the way and supposedly got robbed on points and think haye is better equipped than holly imo.

Also he is british so come on davey boy

Johniemac;6800453

same

solarforce;6800652

dont think i would take on valuev even if i had a gun, i would be so … dont think i would take on valuev even if i had a gun, i would be so scared of having a bad aim and shooting his ear lob off and making very angry

lol :-D

Chidda;6801858

If an old,washed up holyfield can beat valuev, so can haye. I warn you … If an old,washed up holyfield can beat valuev, so can haye. I warn you tho, Valuev is boring as hell, just a jabbing machine.Im more interested to see if haye can knock him out, would be interested to see that 7ft giant fall, but i imagine haye will be cautious and just outbox him

holyfield lost so you information is wrong :x

haye,s chin was suspect a few times in prevous fights if you do your research in cruserweight fights (on thw canvas a few times) so his chin has no chance against this beast .

Heavyweight - over 200lb (+91kg)
    Cruiserweight - 200lb (91kg) HAYE WAS ON THE CANVAS IN PREVIOUS FIGHTS IN THIS SAME CLASS HE HAS LITTLE CHANCE

One good shot and it's all over. That guy looks huge, but he looks a bit on the slow/sluggish side.

I would hope the small one (Who is 3 inches taller than me actually...) moves around a lot and gets some sharp, powerful hits in but let's face it, 6 foot 3 isn't exactly tiny or weak.

I've heard the fights been postponed whilst they go to their local supermarket to find the best price for Modern Warfare 2 so they can post it on here??? :-D

p.s - Haye on points

stuuniteduk;6804980

holyfield lost so you information is wrong :x

No he won, but was robbed, did u watch it. HAppens a lot in germany, theres no way haye will win on points. EVEN vitali said he thinks haye will get robbed if it goes to the scorecards

Yeah...Germany is probably the most corrupt country when it comes to boxing decisions.

Anyone else remember Sven Ottke vs Robin Reid???

Reid knocked down Ottke....however not only was it not declared a knockdown, but Reid was deducted a point for it for good measure. He was also constantly warned by the ref (one Roger Tillerman), for hitting Ottke in the face/head, and everytime Ottke got hit he complained.

Joke of a place.

I knocked out a guy that was a good 6ft when I was a kid and hurts even more if you shift your punches perfectly at an angle. :thumbsup:

The only way Haye can win this is if he can get inside the Russian Lewis and Haye is an expert of doing that.....so lets hope Haye doesn't throw all his punches at head height....cos he'll be punching his belly button all night long. :lol:

realfriendlyman;6807475

I knocked out a guy that was a good 6ft when I was a kid and hurts even … I knocked out a guy that was a good 6ft when I was a kid and hurts even more if you shift your punches perfectly at an angle. :thumbsup:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2267/2185066015_81f4f7c89e.jpg

ChrisUK;6800752

Its free to view on 19E for all those with sats

its on where? sorry whats 19E sats? or am i being blonde again :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77736
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047154
      3. Fifa 18 web app Now active.44
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1930