Expired

David Lloyd leisure club membership advice

Found 27th Aug 2012
I'm thinking of joining David Lloyd on a family membership. However they are not offering me any deals as they say the offer is good enough. I have to pay a £75 admin fee and £135 a month. Any one on here works there and can give me any advice on whether I can get s better deal with them??

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Most gyms do a discount if you pay 12 months in advance, or they have promotions where they waive the joining fee. Unfortunately with DL as they're at the top of the market they won't haggle.
Is that £135 for a family of 4 btw?
thegymgroup.com

Any of them near you? £15 pppm by me, £20 join fee.

£135 sounds obscene to me.
Check This thread out on MSE.
I'm thinking of joining David Lloyd on a family membership. However they are not offering me any deals as they say the offer is good enough. I have to pay a £75 admin fee and £135 a month. Any one on here works there and can give me any advice on whether I can get s better deal with them??

hahahahaha £75 admin fee? then £135 a month, you get shares in the company and a personal chauffeur included to take you there and back?
Get a bike. Much cheaper and more use
I am at pure gym at the mo and love it. Trouble is me and my partner work shifts and it is a nightmare for me to fit in exercise, childcare ( one child is still at home) and children's activities. This way they do an activity, I exercise and my youngest can also join in. Fed up of racing from one activity to another and having to drag all the children with me to sit and wait for an hour. This solves all the problems. Yes I agree that £135 is extortionate but if I cancel swimming lessons, football, dancing, gymnastics and my gym then that is £100 a month towards it. It is for up to 4 children btw.

Unfortunately I can't take all 3 on a bike and only 1 can ride on their own and I wouldn't allow him on the busy roads round here. Partner also is unable to ride a bike for medical reasons
We have a family membership there, just added our 16wk old daughter too which we begrudgingly had to pay for!

Doubt you'll get anything off the membership but that admin fee is begging to be waived.
g1bbuk

Check This thread out on MSE.

Thanks really helpful
master_chief

We have a family membership there, just added our 16wk old daughter too … We have a family membership there, just added our 16wk old daughter too which we begrudgingly had to pay for!Doubt you'll get anything off the membership but that admin fee is begging to be waived.

They have a David Lloyd gym in Hull!!! oO
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants