"Day out" ideas this weekend!!

25 replies
Found 1st Apr 2010
Can anyone give me suggestions of a good day out for this weekend that won't be ridiculously busy?! It's for my boyfriend and I, we're both in our 20s and live in the Midlands. It can be something that's a bit of a distance away as we can just get a hotel, but his passport has just run out so nothing abroad!! We thought of theme parks but they are all going to be absolutely rammed!! Rep for good ideas! :-D

25 Comments

come to sunny blackpool

see if there are any lastmunite.com offers , London and a show or something like that.

Banned

whatsThePoint;8266573

day trip to the isle of man

My great uncle is going there next week.

Manchester is the best place to visit :thumbsup:

Original Poster

leilahfun;8266587

see if there are any lastmunite.com offers , London and a show or … see if there are any lastmunite.com offers , London and a show or something like that.

Yeah, I did think about that... I had a look on lastminute but there's not a great deal on that I'm keen to see or haven't seen already. I'm angling for a spa break but apparently that's too girly for him

Original Poster

DLM;8266608

My great uncle is going there next week.Manchester is the best place to … My great uncle is going there next week.Manchester is the best place to visit :thumbsup:

Manchester is nice but I've been twice already this year

Banned

baffledsalmon;8266632

Manchester is nice but I've been twice already this year

How about Stratford-upon-Avon.

Banned

whatsThePoint;8266633

I only invited you, not your whole family

He is going with his wife and son.

They live in Barrow

what about edinburgh? some very quiet remote parts surrounding but also the city for shopping or theres the zoo

Banned

whatsThePoint;8266633

I only invited you, not your whole family

Perfect job for me:-

Customer Assistant, Permanent, Douglas, 20 to 30 hours per week, Café Revive :giggle:

I used to love going to the Cotswolds at your age or Bewdley in a cheap B&B.

5*Spa Hotel-have a workout then have a few treatments than a nice meal

Original Poster

boothy;8266712

5*Spa Hotel-have a workout then have a few treatments than a nice meal

We're already going to Malmaison for dinner + night on Sunday!

Original Poster

DLM;8266646

How about Stratford-upon-Avon.

Been there! Went to the butterfly farm... funny but very cute!!

symonds yat. 2 hours away, picnic woods, cliff top views,butterfly farm and massive hedge maze plus fantastic Goodrich castle nearby

Original Poster

zenben10;8266748

symonds yat. 2 hours away, picnic woods, cliff top views,butterfly farm … symonds yat. 2 hours away, picnic woods, cliff top views,butterfly farm and massive hedge maze plus fantastic Goodrich castle nearby

We thought about something like that - Warwick castle etc... but the weather is supposed to be awful This isn't proving easy!!!!

do the c.s.i. experience in the bull ring then look for a whodunnit night in a hotel

donna-lou;8266651

what about edinburgh? some very quiet remote parts surrounding but also … what about edinburgh? some very quiet remote parts surrounding but also the city for shopping or theres the zoo

You beat me to it! Yes come to Edinburgh - bring your thermals :-D We're still snowed in up my way.

Original Poster

kaks26;8266788

You beat me to it! Yes come to Edinburgh - bring your thermals :-D … You beat me to it! Yes come to Edinburgh - bring your thermals :-D We're still snowed in up my way.

Oooh no!! I'd have to fly to Edinburgh, I couldn't stand that long in a car or even worse, the train!!! Haha!

Banned

baffledsalmon;8266747

Been there! Went to the butterfly farm... funny but very cute!!

I am working until sunday but hoping to go to an easter egg trial on sunday:-

eastereggtrails.co.uk/Sit…spx

baffledsalmon;8266799

Oooh no!! I'd have to fly to Edinburgh, I couldn't stand that long in a … Oooh no!! I'd have to fly to Edinburgh, I couldn't stand that long in a car or even worse, the train!!! Haha!

durham then! we have some lovely countryside, theres the cathedral and the metrocentre is only half hours drive away. theyve recently added lots of new restaraunts and an imax cinema!

or how about the lake district? a night in a log cabin sounds well cosy :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DLM;8266822

I am working until sunday but hoping to go to an easter egg trial on … I am working until sunday but hoping to go to an easter egg trial on sunday:-http://www.eastereggtrails.co.uk/Site.aspx

What do you do on an Easter egg trail?!

whatsThePoint;8266854

If the easter egg is on trial are you hoping to crack the case

what a good yolk

do you have anything in mind at all? something energetic or more laid back and relaxed? could yous compromise so yous do something your bf wants to during the day and then have a massage, sauna or jaccuzi later on?

Banned

goto straford upon avon. its nice there. things include: a river. called the avon. also some writer lived there. lots to do. go go!

oops, read the thread now, please ignore.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?53
    2. Toyota verso camera22
    3. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88

See more discussions