Day Outs At The Coast, No Social DIstancing at All. What do you think?

Posted 25th Jun 2020Edited by:"lettherebedeals"
So for the 1st time yesterday I jumped on a train to the coast for a day out, first time I have been to the coast since lockdown restrictions began, a few things I noticed was no ticket inspections on trains, I wonder if this is commonplace as train companies will be losing a fortune.

Once at got to my destination, the beach was packed, it was just like a normal and very busy summers day, many shops were open, some pubs open with people stood outside drinking as normal (however in plastic glasses), and some people actually looked at you funny & smirked if you give them the wide-berth to honour social distancing, Ice-Creams parlous and Takeaways open with many queues but no one observing social distancing at all... I must admit I enjoyed my day out, but do people actually believe the Coronavirus is all made-up, you have all seen the news about how people especially this last few days have been basking in the sun at coastal towns.

What are you thoughts and I have a few questions?

As anyone else noticed there is no ticket inspections on trains?

Do you think we should go to the coast, jump on the beach and just ignore social distancing which is clearly evident LOL... (infact I did NOT see one person wearing a mask at the coast yesterday, accept on the train which is mandatory)

Have you noticed some local pubs are just ignoring the government and opening anyway but asking people to stand outside?

Do you think we should go to the coast for days out or wait a while?

Yes I enjoyed my day out and I am not complaining but I just hope there is no second-spike in cases when people are acting like this, I was shocked when some people smirked at each other if other people give them a wide-berth...

The beach was packed, and most people were literally all huddled together just like a normal busy summers day LOL...
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You went to the beach, you are part of the problem.
myusernamehasgone23425/06/2020 22:46

165 people tested positive in this meat factory in cleckheaton. …165 people tested positive in this meat factory in cleckheaton. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dewsburyreporter.co.uk/health/165-workers-kober-meat-processing-plant-cleckheaton-test-positive-coronavirus-2895808%3fampThink i’ll stick to my paddling pool at home for the time been if people aren’t social distancing.

41209506-xo044.jpg
lettherebedeals25/06/2020 22:27

I agree we are all fed-up, people are fed up of staying indoors or been …I agree we are all fed-up, people are fed up of staying indoors or been local, but I think people need to observe social distancing and be more aware which as we have all seen on the news people are not honouring social distancing at all in some places.

165 people tested positive in this meat factory in cleckheaton.

google.co.uk/amp…amp

Think i’ll stick to my paddling pool at home for the time been if people aren’t social distancing.
mutley126/06/2020 16:49

i honestly believe that it has gone beyond moaning now and people are …i honestly believe that it has gone beyond moaning now and people are getting frustrated and stressed out about everything. this will all get out of hand if the virus is not checked soon.

I'm single handedly looking after my mum who has dementia and Shielding since before it was advised so sorry, not much sympathy for many others frustration (moaning) because they can't get to the pub with their mates etc. And causing W2 more problems for every one.
Edited by: "Meathotukdeals" 26th Jun
40 Comments
I’ve been beach and kept my distance as it wasn’t that busy . People are juts bored of it all and fed up of following rules . The virus it’s on it’s last legs now and the chances are catching it are very very slim .

What was it the other day 1000 new cases in a population of 65 million you do the maths !

More chance of being hit by lightning then catching Covid
ashmac25/06/2020 22:20

I’ve been beach and kept my distance as it wasn’t that busy . People are ju …I’ve been beach and kept my distance as it wasn’t that busy . People are juts bored of it all and fed up of following rules . The virus it’s on it’s last legs now and the chances are catching it are very very slim . What was it the other day 1000 new cases in a population of 65 million you do the maths !More chance of being hit by lightning then catching Covid

I agree we are all fed-up, people are fed up of staying indoors or been local, but I think people need to observe social distancing and be more aware which as we have all seen on the news people are not honouring social distancing at all in some places.
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 25th Jun

!More chance of being hit by lightning then catching Covid

Get down to Bournemouth & let us know how you get on, we're due a thunderstorm tonight.
Edited by: "richp" 25th Jun
lettherebedeals25/06/2020 22:27

I agree we are all fed-up, people are fed up of staying indoors or been …I agree we are all fed-up, people are fed up of staying indoors or been local, but I think people need to observe social distancing and be more aware which as we have all seen on the news people are not honouring social distancing at all in some places.

165 people tested positive in this meat factory in cleckheaton.

google.co.uk/amp…amp

Think i’ll stick to my paddling pool at home for the time been if people aren’t social distancing.
myusernamehasgone23425/06/2020 22:46

165 people tested positive in this meat factory in cleckheaton. …165 people tested positive in this meat factory in cleckheaton. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dewsburyreporter.co.uk/health/165-workers-kober-meat-processing-plant-cleckheaton-test-positive-coronavirus-2895808%3fampThink i’ll stick to my paddling pool at home for the time been if people aren’t social distancing.

41209506-xo044.jpg
See for yourselves.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 25th Jun
The undertakers must be looking at Bournemouth today and rubbing their hands together with glee.
All that time and money spent going to the beach will be going up in smoke once you die from COVID-19.
Great way for the government to lower the unemployment figures let the stupid go get a sun tan.
bigwheels25/06/2020 23:23

The undertakers must be looking at Bournemouth today and rubbing their …The undertakers must be looking at Bournemouth today and rubbing their hands together with glee.All that time and money spent going to the beach will be going up in smoke once you die from COVID-19.Great way for the government to lower the unemployment figures let the stupid go get a sun tan.

This will be the next step.
standard.co.uk/new…tml
lockdown will be back soon
Allsorts212125/06/2020 23:55

This will be the next …This will be the next step.https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/matt-hancock-bournemouth-beach-coronavirus-a4480551.html

I can't believe how immature this all sounds. Reminds me of kids at nursery knocking over the sandpit and not being allowed to play in it anymore. I swear this lock down has only increased sense of enmity towards the general public.
i went into london on the train today and about 3% of the passengers did not wear a mask. i wore a surgical mask but it was difficult to breathe through it, especially in the heat, that i took it off when i was on the train and only wore it when i was walking around the station.

i was surprised to see people walking around the station without any masks on and no one paid any attention to them. there were lots of staff around the station but they didn't say anything to these people.

people were not social distancing and walked very close to one another. i travelled during non peak time, so i dread to think what it would be like at peak time!
The Spanish government handed out millions of free masks to their commuters when they relaxed their lockdown. No sign of that for our beach go-ers.
Edited by: "Frankie77" 26th Jun
mutley126/06/2020 00:02

i went into london on the train today and about 3% of the passengers did …i went into london on the train today and about 3% of the passengers did not wear a mask. i wore a surgical mask but it was difficult to breathe through it, especially in the heat, that i took it off when i was on the train and only wore it when i was walking around the station.i was surprised to see people walking around the station without any masks on and no one paid any attention to them. there were lots of staff around the station but they didn't say anything to these people.people were not social distancing and walked very close to one another. i travelled during non peak time, so i dread to think what it would be like at peak time!

I wore a surgical mask to on my recent journey to, but I noticed most people was wearing a mask but the train was very quiet, I also fell asleep with my mask under my face and the train conductor woke me up and told me to put it back on my face, however I was surprised there was no ticket checking, I am not sure if this is commonplace though or if ticket checkers have been told not to check tickets, yesterday I had a 3 hour journey and 2 changes, but no ticket checkers on any of the trains both going and returning, but if this is the case then the train companies must be losing a fortune.

I’ve been beach and kept my distance as it wasn’t that busy . People are ju …I’ve been beach and kept my distance as it wasn’t that busy . People are juts bored of it all and fed up of following rules . The virus it’s on it’s last legs now and the chances are catching it are very very slim . What was it the other day 1000 new cases in a population of 65 million you do the maths !More chance of being hit by lightning then catching Covid

That 1000 cases are those who were symptomatic and where tested.
A majority of people are asymptomatic and even those with symptoms can be mild enough they may not link to to covid19 and get tested.

Your infectious for around 7 days and it's around 80% asymptomatic/mild so at 1000 a day that's minimum of 35000 infectious people which would be more then 1 in 2000.
chocci26/06/2020 04:52

Comment deleted

Project Fear? Have you considered that everything that has been done so far could have helped avoid an even worse scenario? Successful prevention is rarely visible nor acknowledged. With the benefit of hindsight, it easy to say it was much ado about nothing.

Everyone's become an expert in this pandemic.
bozo00726/06/2020 06:23

Project Fear? Have you considered that everything that has been done so …Project Fear? Have you considered that everything that has been done so far could have helped avoid an even worse scenario? Successful prevention is rarely visible nor acknowledged. With the benefit of hindsight, it easy to say it was much ado about nothing.Everyone's become an expert in this pandemic.

Cancer deaths and those from poverty and mental illness will be far in excess of any lives saved from a lockdown. 400 missed cancer checks per day alone will have severe consequences

Protect the vulnerable and social distancing is all that is needed

spectator.co.uk/art…nts
Edited by: "chocci" 26th Jun
Mendoza25/06/2020 23:58

lockdown will be back soon

Not a chance. The public just wont observe it this time and the economy certainly couldn't survive

According to RoSPA 30-60 people are struck by lightning in the UK in any given year. There are still more than a 1000 confirmed new cases of Covid-19 a day. Not quite sure how you think that you are more likely to be struck by lightning.

Lockdown will return (whether the economy can survive or not) if the numbers needing hospitalisation threaten to overwhelm the availability of hospital beds. No UK Government will want to be seen as not acting whilst people are dying from this outbreak. If the public won't observe it then there will need to be stricter control of it with more policing (as was the case in Spain)

I guess time will tell but people that ignore social distancing rules are not doing themselves, their relatives or the economy any favours at all. The more we can restrict the spread of the disease whilst attempting to restart the economy the better it will be for the longer term "normality" of life.

The current Government hasn't covered itself in glory with its actions IMHO. Look at the statements from BJ over the reducing of the 2m rule:

2m is safer than 1. If you can't do 2m then 1m is OK but you should think about other measures to prevent transmission.

How wishy-washy is that? If you run a business and see those statement you will probably think "I can get more customers in at 1m so I'll use that guideline. I have thought about other mitigating measures and decided they can't be done". They are still meeting the new guidelines but it obviously aren't as safe as you should be (if you believe the science as it is being presented - and I do).

If 2m is much safer than 1m then the rules should be "Its 2m". If you can't do 2m then you must use mitigating measures.

Just my tuppence worth and we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Edited by: "Burgmeister" 26th Jun
Anyone trying to defend the Bournemouth beach crowd is going to get abuse IMHO.
winzzz25/06/2020 22:18

Back to you OP

The virus it’s on it’s last legs now and the chances are catching it are ve …The virus it’s on it’s last legs now and the chances are catching it are very very slim .

A virus is on it's last legs when many people have caught it and built up immunity. but the number of confirmed cases in the UK is less than half of one percent of the country.

You just have to look at the US where they've just had the highest number of cases over a week since the situation started and the numbers are still rising.

The virus is being contained, not burning out.
EndlessWaves26/06/2020 11:24

A virus is on it's last legs when many people have caught it and built up …A virus is on it's last legs when many people have caught it and built up immunity. but the number of confirmed cases in the UK is less than half of one percent of the country.You just have to look at the US where they've just had the highest number of cases over a week since the situation started and the numbers are still rising. The virus is being contained, not burning out.

It’s well known fact that a virus like this starts to weaken after 70 days . There will be no cure as there are not enough people with it it now test , this will just be like flu and other nasty illnesses. We will just have to get on and live with it
ashmac26/06/2020 13:49

It’s well known fact that a virus like this starts to weaken after 70 days …It’s well known fact that a virus like this starts to weaken after 70 days . There will be no cure as there are not enough people with it it now test , this will just be like flu and other nasty illnesses. We will just have to get on and live with it

Plenty of people in the US to test it on. 40,000 infections yesterday alone.

bbc.co.uk/new…287
In the uk I mean
ashmac26/06/2020 13:49

It’s well known fact that a virus like this starts to weaken after 70 days …It’s well known fact that a virus like this starts to weaken after 70 days . There will be no cure as there are not enough people with it it now test , this will just be like flu and other nasty illnesses. We will just have to get on and live with it

A well known fact eh? Someone should tell the telegraph as they reported a study that predicted that as theoretical behaviour as news. Which it clearly wasn't if it was a well known and established fact.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 26th Jun
chocci26/06/2020 06:56

Not a chance. The public just wont observe it this time and the economy …Not a chance. The public just wont observe it this time and the economy certainly couldn't survive

i think if things got worse, restrictions will be imposed again but the government will need to think carefully as the longer restrictions are in place, the more people will feel unrest, particularly young people who are least vulnerable and who are affected the most by the lock down.

if we are not careful, rioting and violence could erupt and disorder follows. there is only a certain amount of authotarian measures can be applied before no one will listen as they get fed up.

already, we are seeing violence break out when people are doing their own things as they have been cooped up for so long. it is very tricky to get this right.

The virus it’s on it’s last legs now

Watch this space.
mutley126/06/2020 15:12

i think if things got worse, restrictions will be imposed again but the …i think if things got worse, restrictions will be imposed again but the government will need to think carefully as the longer restrictions are in place, the more people will feel unrest, particularly young people who are least vulnerable and who are affected the most by the lock down.if we are not careful, rioting and violence could erupt and disorder follows. there is only a certain amount of authotarian measures can be applied before no one will listen as they get fed up.already, we are seeing violence break out when people are doing their own things as they have been cooped up for so long. it is very tricky to get this right.

They will be the first to moan at any attempt to lockdown on a second wave, when they helped cause it.
Meathotukdeals26/06/2020 16:48

They will be the first to moan at any attempt to lockdown on a second …They will be the first to moan at any attempt to lockdown on a second wave, when they helped cause it.

i honestly believe that it has gone beyond moaning now and people are getting frustrated and stressed out about everything. this will all get out of hand if the virus is not checked soon.
mutley126/06/2020 16:49

i honestly believe that it has gone beyond moaning now and people are …i honestly believe that it has gone beyond moaning now and people are getting frustrated and stressed out about everything. this will all get out of hand if the virus is not checked soon.

I'm single handedly looking after my mum who has dementia and Shielding since before it was advised so sorry, not much sympathy for many others frustration (moaning) because they can't get to the pub with their mates etc. And causing W2 more problems for every one.
Edited by: "Meathotukdeals" 26th Jun
It’s funny though , Everyone is scientific professor
Meathotukdeals26/06/2020 16:46

Watch this space.

The daily stats are wildly misleading

The extent to which COVID-19 has vanished isn’t immediately apparent from the figures. The death tolls announced each day refer to all those deaths involving coronavirus that have been ‘registered’ in the last 24 hours. That includes people who died weeks ago – sometimes months ago – but whose paperwork has only just been completed. If you look instead at the number of actual deaths in English hospitals in the last 24 hours, that gives a clearer picture. The number on June 23 was four – all in the north west. Fewer than 20 died in London hospitals in the past week. No one died on Tuesday .

The number of deaths involving coronavirus is a better yardstick than the number of infections, partly because more and more people are being tested each day, and partly because the test itself isn’t very reliable. There is a gold-plated antibody test you can have done by a company called Pyser that employs ex-Army medics and operates out of the Honourable Artillery Company in the City of London. I took one last week and tested positive.

But the PCR test – which tells you whether you’ve got it, not whether you’ve had it – throws up a lot of false positives. To give you an idea of how unreliable it is, take this announcement by Norway’s Institute of Public health last month. “Given today’s contagion situation in Norway, health professionals must test around 12,000 random people to find one positive case of Covid-19,” it said. “In such a selection, there will be about 15 positive test responses, but 14 of these will be false positives.”

telegraph.co.uk/new…ck/
chocci26/06/2020 20:45

The daily stats are wildly misleading The extent to which COVID-19 has …The daily stats are wildly misleading The extent to which COVID-19 has vanished isn’t immediately apparent from the figures. The death tolls announced each day refer to all those deaths involving coronavirus that have been ‘registered’ in the last 24 hours. That includes people who died weeks ago – sometimes months ago – but whose paperwork has only just been completed. If you look instead at the number of actual deaths in English hospitals in the last 24 hours, that gives a clearer picture. The number on June 23 was four – all in the north west. Fewer than 20 died in London hospitals in the past week. No one died on Tuesday .The number of deaths involving coronavirus is a better yardstick than the number of infections, partly because more and more people are being tested each day, and partly because the test itself isn’t very reliable. There is a gold-plated antibody test you can have done by a company called Pyser that employs ex-Army medics and operates out of the Honourable Artillery Company in the City of London. I took one last week and tested positive.But the PCR test – which tells you whether you’ve got it, not whether you’ve had it – throws up a lot of false positives. To give you an idea of how unreliable it is, take this announcement by Norway’s Institute of Public health last month. “Given today’s contagion situation in Norway, health professionals must test around 12,000 random people to find one positive case of Covid-19,” it said. “In such a selection, there will be about 15 positive test responses, but 14 of these will be false positives.”

Well, looks like we will see. Watch this space. Personally I can see it picking up quite fast and expect a second wave. To what extent it does, to what extent the Govt react and to what extent people (don't)comply, and how the Govt respond to mass noncomplyance to me, is completely unimaginable. I'm stuffed as family will want to visit if infectons remain low but if Mum gets it, I can see her dying (esp as watching Sky Coronavirus Deciding Who Dies) and my only Get Out Of Jail card is a vaccine that may be a year away as Mum's health gets worse anyway. And I used to work in Hazmat so my lungs are not great either to start off with.
Meathotukdeals26/06/2020 20:55

Well, looks like we will see. Watch this space. Personally I can see it …Well, looks like we will see. Watch this space. Personally I can see it picking up quite fast and expect a second wave. To what extent it does, to what extent the Govt react and to what extent people (don't)comply, and how the Govt respond to mass noncomplyance to me, is completely unimaginable. I'm stuffed as family will want to visit if infectons remain low but if Mum gets it, I can see her dying (esp as watching Sky Coronavirus Deciding Who Dies) and my only Get Out Of Jail card is a vaccine that may be a year away as Mum's health gets worse anyway. And I used to work in Hazmat so my lungs are not great either to start off with.

Indeed, we will see. Fingers crossed for no second wave. Stop watching BBC and sky as their negativity and avoidance of the real actual threat to life is astounding. Ensure your mum boosts her immune system (vitamin c from fruit juice, vitamin d (sunlight) and zinc (supplements))
chocci26/06/2020 21:02

Indeed, we will see. Fingers crossed for no second wave. Stop watching BBC …Indeed, we will see. Fingers crossed for no second wave. Stop watching BBC and sky as their negativity and avoidance of the real actual threat to life is astounding. Ensure your mum boosts her immune system (vitamin c from fruit juice, vitamin d (sunlight) and zinc (supplements))

I forgot, we can also watch what happens in those countries taking the threat less seriously. Thanks anyway
Meathotukdeals26/06/2020 20:55

Well, looks like we will see. Watch this space. Personally I can see it …Well, looks like we will see. Watch this space. Personally I can see it picking up quite fast and expect a second wave. To what extent it does, to what extent the Govt react and to what extent people (don't)comply, and how the Govt respond to mass noncomplyance to me, is completely unimaginable. I'm stuffed as family will want to visit if infectons remain low but if Mum gets it, I can see her dying (esp as watching Sky Coronavirus Deciding Who Dies) and my only Get Out Of Jail card is a vaccine that may be a year away as Mum's health gets worse anyway. And I used to work in Hazmat so my lungs are not great either to start off with.

More realistic stats about Covid19 that the msm don't want us to know

swprs.org/a-s…19/
Meathotukdeals26/06/2020 21:05

I forgot, we can also watch what happens in those countries taking the …I forgot, we can also watch what happens in those countries taking the threat less seriously. Thanks anyway

Yes, no country has seen a consistent second wave despite relaxing draconian lockdown measures more (I dont count iran as they don't believe in self isolating or social distancing which are clearly the most effective preventative measures).

Lockdown will in future be seen as a catastrophe in the number of lives lost through the economic devastation over the next decade and the hundreds of missed cancer investigations not undertaken for the last 3 months and huge increases in mental illness.

spectator.co.uk/art…nts
Ive decided to give up on social distancing etc since i found out 5 people on my street died over the last 4 months, not one of them had covid 19 but all 5 of them have covid on their death certificate, i was skeptical at first but now i think the death rates are probably 10% of what they claim, load of nonsense.
My neighbour hadn't left the house in over a month, and had no visitors, my other neighbour, paramedics said had sepsis, legs turned purple all over
Mark_Hickman27/06/2020 22:45

Ive decided to give up on social distancing etc since i found out 5 people …Ive decided to give up on social distancing etc since i found out 5 people on my street died over the last 4 months, not one of them had covid 19 but all 5 of them have covid on their death certificate, i was skeptical at first but now i think the death rates are probably 10% of what they claim, load of nonsense.My neighbour hadn't left the house in over a month, and had no visitors, my other neighbour, paramedics said had sepsis, legs turned purple all over

How would you account for excess deaths* being so high? IIRC implying even more deaths than the Govts Covid death numbers.

(The deaths over and above the average for the time of year).
Post a comment
@
    Text