Groups

Day use hotel rooms?

We have a couple of business projects on the go and need the use of hotel rooms during the daytime. Never rented one out during the day before, so was looking to check in maybe around 9am and out by 5pm. We could do with a couple of rooms, one for having a couple of small meetings, and another suitable for sleeping as we have someone arriving from an overnight travel and will need some shut eye.

Looking particularly around Coventry/Tamworth/Solihull area but maybe some of the national chains do this like Premier Inn etc? Initial searches seem to suggest meeting room facilities are more suited to around ten or more people which is big. Hotel rooms for sleeping seem to be check in midday or later and for overnight.

8 Comments

Banned

Please come clear with your daytime "BUSINESS PROJECTS".

I can think of only one project in a hotel room.

I used to work in a hotel & we had quite a few people asking for a room just for the day.... to conduct 'business' we used to call it a 'wet let' :w00t: & jeez some of them were so obvious :whistling:
    To be serious though you will find most hotels will let you have the room for the day but will charge a full nightly rate :thumbsup:

Are you a pimp?

Banned

Straight up......... a guy I worked with in London, had booked a hotel in the Kings Cross area for a few days whilst here.

He returned to his hotel after a day in the office, and thought it strange that some of the things had been moved around and put away. The following day on his return, he found Ginger Curly Whirlies in the bed. He went to reception and told them he knew someone had been in his room. They didnt even try to hide the fact.... and said he had paid to stay the night and when not in use, the rooms get hired by the hour to the local "business ladies". Unbelievable... but gospel truth. Needless to say he checked out. The hotel has since vanished (as part of the Eurostar Revamp), but it makes me wonder if the practice still goes on where there is red light districts nearby.

guv;7064148

Straight up......... a guy I worked with in London, had booked a hotel in … Straight up......... a guy I worked with in London, had booked a hotel in the Kings Cross area for a few days whilst here. He returned to his hotel after a day in the office, and thought it strange that some of the things had been moved around and put away. The following day on his return, he found Ginger Curly Whirlies in the bed. He went to reception and told them he knew someone had been in his room. They didnt even try to hide the fact.... and said he had paid to stay the night and when not in use, the rooms get hired by the hour to the local "business ladies". Unbelievable... but gospel truth. Needless to say he checked out. The hotel has since vanished (as part of the Eurostar Revamp), but it makes me wonder if the practice still goes on where there is red light districts nearby.

that is well rank!!!!!!!

ilovepink;7064175

that is well rank!!!!!!!

I know! Ginger people have sex!:w00t:

Original Poster

Just come back to this, i guess i should have thought of the obvious! :
    Sadly it is a serious project, no drug deals or pimping, just somewhere to do some interviews and paperwork and in another room someone who needs a daytime sleep after a flight from abroad and an evening speaking presentation. To be honest it would be good if it was the other! I've seen these business meetings going on a few times in Premier Inns and stuff but I can't afford their business facilities at £25 plus a head as we need it all day and probably around 15 people coming and going...don't mind if the vice squad come and look too but they'll be disappointed!

Im in Coventry we can rent 3 rooms and our living room out! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846180
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764241
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31144
      4. Find out how good your GP surgery is67

See more discussions