Daysoft Silk Lenses.

Found 5th Mar 2012
Anyone else using the new Silk variants currently?

I'm not getting on with these new ones at all (Dry eyes, red veins, uncomfortable in general) and was just wondering if the any of you guys are seeing the same? Much preferred the 58 version.

Looking on their Facebook it does seem to be an issue with quite a few. Though just thought I'd ask here as I do know Daysoft seems to be a favourite for quite a few here.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. Lens
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Lens
29 Comments
I bought them recently and they seem the same to me...
much better for me, the previous ones I could feel on my eyes the whole time they were in, the silks I can't feel at all.
i use them and they seem ok,
Worse for me, I noticed the tiny red veins and have reduced how much I wear them. Am looking for another supplier if anyone has any ideas...
Banned
You can't Play it cheap with lenses.

I only use the best lenses and the best iv found are the specs avers umere. Better then Johnson etc.

They are daily lenses but thicker than others so more comfy. They hold more moisture, so much so iv accidently fallen asleep in them and they don't stick to the eye.

Ante up and get some decent lenses.
I've got Focus Dailies and never had any problems. Although you aren't meant to I often sleep in them if I'm round a friends house and haven't got a spare pair. Waking up with them in can be a bit annoying but just blink a few times and they're fine.
I didnt get a pass in NY, but NY museum are free...
Original Poster
Thanks guys, not quite sure what It is then tbh. Seems to be a slight mixed response with Comput1 also having the same issue as me. They don't seem half bad today though will keep an eye on them (No pun intended) and if the same will be switching.

EC, I usually don't cheap out, especially when it comes to Eyes but being a student is slightly prohibitive expense wise unfortunately. I haven't noticed a difference at all between my previous dailies which may triple the price until these new Silk ones.
Elton Chong

You can't Play it cheap with lenses. I only use the best lenses and the … You can't Play it cheap with lenses. I only use the best lenses and the best iv found are the specs avers umere. Better then Johnson etc.They are daily lenses but thicker than others so more comfy. They hold more moisture, so much so iv accidently fallen asleep in them and they don't stick to the eye.Ante up and get some decent lenses.

I sleep with my daysofts in all the time, not night time sleeps, but wouldnt take them out for a 3-4 hour nap.
I have a major problem with my eyes they are bright red like strawberries and have blurred vision. Called Daysoft this afternoon and they said that the silk solution is not suitable for everyone and that I have a reaction to it and to stop wearing them straight away (as if it was a known problem). They are refunding me the cost of my last order and sending me the old type as a replacement as have been using them for prob about 3 years with less problems than with Focus dailies from Specsaver. If you have a problem call Daysoft as they were really helpful in sorting this out. Just hope my eyes get better soon.
I also had the same problem with the new silk lenses and had to return them, they now also sell daysoft CLASSIC which are essentially the same as the old lenses so you can still buy the old lenses if you want to.
Edited by: "killerboy32" 23rd Mar 2012
I stick to Acuvue Day & Night Aqua. By far the most comfortable I have ever used. I also find that the new Alcon Opti Free Evermoist solution to be a noticeable improvement over Replenish, albeit somewhat pricier.

Never bothered with dailies as every optician has told me that they are no improvement over weekly/monthly lenses in comfort and you pay a hefty premium for the convenience of not cleaning or looking after them.
Original Poster
Yeah I contacted Daysoft and they refunded me the lenses and sent me the Classic version which I found to be fantastic service so very pleased with that.

Classic has been going fine for me and I've honestly not felt or noticed any difference as opposed to the more expensive ones which I used to fork out a fortune for.
Shadow-360

Yeah I contacted Daysoft and they refunded me the lenses and sent me the … Yeah I contacted Daysoft and they refunded me the lenses and sent me the Classic version which I found to be fantastic service so very pleased with that.Classic has been going fine for me and I've honestly not felt or noticed any difference as opposed to the more expensive ones which I used to fork out a fortune for.

Totally agree, they have excellent customer service. However the price will be rising to around £12.50 inc delivery from April 1st thanks to new VAT tax laws so better order some quick!
I've been wearing the originals for some years now with no problems but Silk have made my eyes dry, scratchy and uncomfortable. Wear is down from all day to just a few hours. I was thinking of swapping but am glad that Softlens are offering the classic. Will order some today!.
I have been using Daysoft's 58% variety for 2 years without any problems (switched from Acuvue Moist) but the Silk solution caused very severe bloodshot eyes after only 1 hour of wear! As mentioned their customer service is excellent and they refunded and sent me the "Classic" variety. I got the same bad reaction from these though, so they sent me more Classics from a different batch. Still reacted badly so sent everything back for them to "analyse" and am now back wearing Acuvue Moist.

The old Daysofts had the 58% solution and a 72% solution option, so I wonder which is now the base form for these Classic ones? Also googled to check I'm not alone in reacting to the new formulas. Strange that people have commented on their Facebook page but Daysoft remove these postings as you can see their wall only has their own messages. Seems strange to have this level of censorship for a company with a good customer service rep.
Original Poster
^^ I have the classic version here which they sent me and can confirm It's the 58% solution. Strange that you have reacted badly to the Classics too however.

They did confirm to me that there have been reports of people being 'Alergic' to the new solution and as such advised the Classic. Good service but absolutely baffled how their tests for the new Lenses did not pick this up.

@ alphadeltapi, you may just be better off asking for replacements as I'm sure they'll do that for you for free if you tell them the problem instead of ordering new ones.
On the daysoft site it mentions that silk might not be ideal though for those with sensitive eyes?

I've got a pack in the post (as well as classic) so I'll try them out and can update
Original Poster
numptyj

On the daysoft site it mentions that silk might not be ideal though for … On the daysoft site it mentions that silk might not be ideal though for those with sensitive eyes?I've got a pack in the post (as well as classic) so I'll try them out and can update

Yeah they only made the option available recently after quite a few people complained.

The majority don't seem to have any problems from what I understand, though I'd definitely be curious to see how you get on mate.
currently wearing the silks and wore them yesterday with no issues at all, they feel good.

on the actual sterile packaing it has "58%" written on the back though...so not sure how they differ to the actual 58% on the classic. Still I've had no issues and even after 12/13 hours they still felt pretty good.
I am experiencing the same problem with the silks...red veins in my eyes and a blurred vision. i went to my optician, not aware of the cause of this, and increased my lens power, a thing which is concerning me a lot. did anyone who experienced a blured vision, recovered from it please? i have contact daysoft and they suggested to have a break from wearing lenses and that they were sending a one month supply of classic
pinkleponkle

I sleep with my daysofts in all the time, not night time sleeps, but … I sleep with my daysofts in all the time, not night time sleeps, but wouldnt take them out for a 3-4 hour nap.

oO
lalinka

I am experiencing the same problem with the silks...red veins in my eyes … I am experiencing the same problem with the silks...red veins in my eyes and a blurred vision. i went to my optician, not aware of the cause of this, and increased my lens power, a thing which is concerning me a lot. did anyone who experienced a blured vision, recovered from it please? i have contact daysoft and they suggested to have a break from wearing lenses and that they were sending a one month supply of classic

I had a similar problem, red veins in my eyes, itchiness and blurry vision. I stopped wearing them until the redness went which took about 3 or 4 days and I have been using the CLASSIC lenses since then without any problems, no idea why they changed to SILK in the first place as a lot of people have been experiencing the same problems.
Original Poster
Email Daysoft and they should be able to sort you out guys.

You'd think they would have tested these lenses.
I've had problems with the normal daysoft lenses a lot for the past 4 months - extremely painful and red eyes, blurry vision etc. Went to doctor, then an optician who immediately referred me to an eye hospital. They said it might be a viral infection, that my corneas were very swollen (which temporarily made my prescription stronger) and scarred and told me not to wear contacts for about 6 weeks. My eyes healed up fairly quickly but I still waited 6 weeks, however as soon as I put the daysofts in again the red eye came back. My optician switched me to a different brand (acuvue) which I had no problems with, but then I saw the new daysoft Silk range and bought a pack - had exactly the same reaction again! I've been wearing daysofts for over 3 years now with no problems until just recently. Not sure what's going on but it seems like others are having trouble too and makes me a bit suspicious that they're deleting complaints from their facebook page from others experiencing the same problem...
I got these last month and havent noticed any difference, why did they change them anyway?
I used the daysoft58 lenses for many years with no problems. I then bought the SILK lenses in February. As I mainly only use them at weekends, I didnt have any issues initially, but then I was on holiday for 2 weeks last month and used my lenses almost every day. After this I noticed that my vision was slightly blurry, and then had a very bad bloodshot eye everytime after wearing my lenses. I went to the opticians for a contact lense consultation and was told that I was showing the classic signs of an allergic reaction to the contact lense solution, but strangely only in 1 eye. My optician told me if I went back to my old contact lenses then the problem should disappear. I have ordered classic lenses and emailed daysoft and await their reply.
I was so relieved to find this thread as I've been worried that there was something very wrong with my eyes - like others here I have worn daysoft lenses for a number of years but the SILKs did not work for me at all. One eye has become red / swollen / pussy with blurry vision. I've been back several times to Moorfields eye hospital and had a six week course of steroid eyedrops which helped to clear the red eye up. Needless to say I have not been wearing contacts at all in that time. And every time I did try the contacts again the same eye would become red. Has definitely made me think twice about wearing daysoft in the future - even though their customer service is excellent and they are sending me a box of classics to try...
BlueFig

I was so relieved to find this thread as I've been worried that there was … I was so relieved to find this thread as I've been worried that there was something very wrong with my eyes - like others here I have worn daysoft lenses for a number of years but the SILKs did not work for me at all. One eye has become red / swollen / pussy with blurry vision. I've been back several times to Moorfields eye hospital and had a six week course of steroid eyedrops which helped to clear the red eye up. Needless to say I have not been wearing contacts at all in that time. And every time I did try the contacts again the same eye would become red. Has definitely made me think twice about wearing daysoft in the future - even though their customer service is excellent and they are sending me a box of classics to try...

Hopefully the classics should work well for you, they use the same solution as the older lenses so if they suited your eyes then you shouldn't have any problems i dont think.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants