Groups

DDR RAM

I am after some DDR ram as i want to upgrade a pc i have been given(which is way better than mine) i notice on ebay they have things next to them like pc3200 or 200mhz, how will i know which ones will work in my computer? any advice will be greatly received....Thank you.

8 Comments

goto crucial.com/uk and use the system scanner, it'll tell you what your board can take. It'll also give you the type and price. Have a look about to see if you can get it cheaper

Original Poster

Paddy ...your a star.

Glad to help

Original Poster

+rep added. thank you

boza;5982940

+rep added. thank you

Thanks and your welcome

Is it a branded PC ? ie . Dell , Acer or whatever , as sugested go to Crucial and feed in the make and model and read off the specs or use their scanner . You could however , take the side off the PC and take a memory stick out and write down the details ........for instance :1GB-PC4200-DDR2-533Mhz .Once you have the spec , pop across to Play.C-o-M , they normally have some goods deals on memmory . I've bought loads for PC's and laptops from them and have had no trouble with it .

dcx_badass;5982991

Crucial is wronh sometimes, much better to use cpu-z, anyway if it's ddr2 … Crucial is wronh sometimes, much better to use cpu-z, anyway if it's ddr2 it's a fair bit cheaper and the number is just the speed so any should do really.

Never had problem with the crucial scanner tbh.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4241941
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523472
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764658
      4. Anyone like the new App/ Update ?2127

See more discussions