Groups

Dead ipod - help

Does anyone know of any troubleshooting steps for an 80GB ipod video please?

10 Comments

Yes, it is possible to reset it with a key combination. I forget what it is, but google knows the answer :-)

Original Poster

Tried restoring and resetting, but no use

Does anyone know of any ipod repair places?

Banned

Have you got any warrenty?

Original Poster

No, it's about 18 months old

You can download an ipod repair guide with lots of tips in. Send me a PM & I will e-mail it to you.

Simon

Banned

What is the actual problem with it? WIll it not turn on? Also when troubleshooting you have to keep it like that for about 30-60 seconds. I should have mentioned that earlier.

Original Poster

I tried again, but nothing The screen won;t display anything, not even a sad ipod. When I connect it to the laptop it isn't by itunes, and it won't charge. It's just completely dead. I left it to charge overnight, still nothing! I've tried charging it on the dock and connecting to the pc instead of the laptop, still no luck.

Banned

Sorry to here about that, It worked for me when I held the two buttons for about 1 minute.

Original Poster

No worries, thanks anyway
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten68
      2. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1832
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463

See more discussions