Groups

Dead Laptop? Help please!

My Dell laptop will not boot up. I press the on button all that happens is a light flashes constantly. Its a Dell Vostro 1510 and it seems to have happened after windows updated this afternoon. It has vista if that helps?

Luckily the wife's is ok!

Any help appreciated.

10 Comments

do you get anything at all on screen?

Original Poster

NO, completely blank.

there are three lights which one(s) are flashing? is there a pattern i.e constant on rapid flash/slow long flash etc.
    plz be quick in reply need bed ;-)

bargain surfer;3282710

there are three lights which one(s) are flashing? is there a pattern i.e … there are three lights which one(s) are flashing? is there a pattern i.e constant on rapid flash/slow long flash etc.plz be quick in reply need bed ;-)

lol

Original Poster

Thanks bargain surfer it seems that i have a proceesor failure! I have to Reseat the processor???

Is trhis something i can do or do i need to contact dell?

Original Poster

Can anyone help?

Disconnect everything that is attached to the laptop i.e. external hard drives, iPods (if you have any), memory sticks etc.

Just connect the laptop by itself with the ac adapter and see if it boots up.

If you have a warranty let them deal with it, if not then post me a pic of the base of your laptop and we'll see!

Original Poster

Yeah there is warranty as its quite new. I'll give them a phone and see what they say.

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …93168
      2. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good55
      3. Updated 22/8/17: List of companies which spam or have been hacked2883
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1215

See more discussions