Groups
    EXPIRED

Deal for Travel Lodge Covent Garden Hotel OR Hotel closeby for 25-27 Sep

Hi there, im planning a weekend over to London on thursday 25th to 27th september, a friend has recommended the Travel lodge in covent garden as it is very central to the touristy places... ive checked the travel lodge site and its 90 quid a night room only, thought that was a bit steep for a travel lodge

does anyone know where to get it booked cheaper OR could anyone recommend a nearby hotel, something around 50-70 quid a night room only would do

Many thanks!

5 Comments

Original Poster

wow london is so expensive! and i thought belfast was expensive, over here £120 for a room gets you a five star hotel with breakfast, which i thought was steep,not anymore lol

Have you considered the EasyHotel? Really only suitable for sleeping in, but I imagine that in London you won't be in the room much!

Just back from London after a 2 day break...a family room in the Stanley House on Belgrave rd cost about £90 per night(family room) with breakfast....hotel was ok breakfast spot on,i think my wife checked out a few cheap hotels but £80-£90 seemed to be the average going rate.

Original Poster

i was very close to booking St Giles Hotel in London but ive read the worst reviews about it, i thought it was good for £106 per night for 2 people inc breakfast but it sounds disappointing now, my max budget would be £220 for two nights hopefully inc breakfast.... ive booked theatre tickets for 25th sept in picadilly theatre so would like to be near covent garden

Try the 2 for 1 holiday inn offer link
    ichotelsgroup.com/h/d…EX1
    Mayfair is quite nearby, but really no-where is that far away when using the buses and tubes in London. For example Russell Sq station is 2 tube stops from covent Garden on the tube and 3 min walk to Bloomsbuty Hotel so about 5 mins away. Regents Park hotel near Warren st tube so only 7 stops (one change) so about 10 -15 mins away and you would save £60 v Mayfair hotel rate . Kensington forum £78 pn only 7 stops to covent garden from Gloucester road. The tubes run until midnight, so getting back from your show would not be a problem. Tourist attractions are near a lot of the holiday inns for example the museums (Natural History, Science and V&A) are in Kensington. The no 15 red rover bus that passes by a lot of the tourist attractions runs from via Marble Arch, Oxford Circus , Piccaddilly Circus etc to the Tower. Also it would be worth getting a 2 day off peak travel card (aft 9.30am) as you can use this (Oyster not accepted-has to be paper ticket) to get 2 for 1 offers by printing off vouchers on this website eg. Tower of London.
    daysoutguide.co.uk/off…spx

[url]www.tfl.gov.uk[/url] for tube maps to plan your days.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds44
      2. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?88
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?55
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save49

See more discussions