Deal in moderation...

Posted 31st Dec 2019
Hey

I have posted a deal which has been put into moderation right away. It’s been 30 minutes since posting and still in moderation. My question is this, once the deal is out of moderation will the deal be 30 minutes old without and body seeing it or will it be at the top of the “new deals” list?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Good question, I think it'll go to the top of the new deals page.
Dyslexic_Dog31/12/2019 09:15

Good question, I think it'll go to the top of the new deals page.

Just had my deal come out of moderation. It didn’t go to the top of the new deals page. It was a 50 minute old post with no votes coming out of moderation
Edited by: "H0TDEALER" 31st Dec 2019
H0TDEALER31/12/2019 09:16

Just had my deal come out of moderation. It didn’t go to the top of the n …Just had my deal come out of moderation. It didn’t go to the top of the new deals page. It was a 50 minute old post with no votes coming out of moderation

This has happened to me a few times recently, and it is annoying as you say deal is put right down the page with no votes. Personally I think the deals should be put back to the start of the page but unfortunately that's not how it works on this site.
oscarcat31/12/2019 11:44

This has happened to me a few times recently, and it is annoying as you …This has happened to me a few times recently, and it is annoying as you say deal is put right down the page with no votes. Personally I think the deals should be put back to the start of the page but unfortunately that's not how it works on this site.

I guess to change that would be down to the site / hotukdeals creators themselves. Can’t image that’d happen anytime soon if at all
H0TDEALER31/12/2019 12:47

I guess to change that would be down to the site / hotukdeals creators …I guess to change that would be down to the site / hotukdeals creators themselves. Can’t image that’d happen anytime soon if at all

Wouldn't think so.
After 6 years on the site I am so disillusioned at how this site is now being run and i think many other have feel the same.
Maybe @magicjay1986 could help?
If they change it so deals are posted as new when they come out of moderation, then somebody else could post the same deal while yours is in moderation. If theirs doesn't need moderating then it will look like it was posted before yours and 543,000 people will report your deal as a duplicate even though you submitted first?
H0TDEALER31/12/2019 09:16

Just had my deal come out of moderation. It didn’t go to the top of the n …Just had my deal come out of moderation. It didn’t go to the top of the new deals page. It was a 50 minute old post with no votes coming out of moderation

Can I just ask why it matters to you so much, not having a go, but its not like you get anything from it... unless its self promotion of course
Edited by: "frakison" 31st Dec 2019
frakison31/12/2019 14:09

Can I just ask why it matters to you so much, not having a go, but its not …Can I just ask why it matters to you so much, not having a go, but its not like you get anything from it... unless its self promotion of course

It’s fun to watch your deal gain heat and can become addictive. Nothing wrong with that. Win win for everybody. No self promotion here.
lyesbkz31/12/2019 14:04

If they change it so deals are posted as new when they come out of …If they change it so deals are posted as new when they come out of moderation, then somebody else could post the same deal while yours is in moderation. If theirs doesn't need moderating then it will look like it was posted before yours and 543,000 people will report your deal as a duplicate even though you submitted first?

That’s a bit of an exaggeration don’t ya think! The URL of the deal would be same so they can stop the duplicate from being posted whilst the original deal is in moderation.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions