Groups
    EXPIRED

Deal needed - decent spec laptop for under £500?

Hi, I need a laptop - got £500 to spend (hopefully less).

I'm tech savvy, but have really lost track of all the new mobile processors etc that are around these days, so I seem to have about 1000 laptops to choose from in my price range.

Things I need:

HP or Dell (maybe Tosh)
    A business-grade machine, ie. a decent build quality
    As much memory as possible - 2gb, or 3 or 4!
    At least a 15" screen
    Fair decent sized HD - 100gb+
    As fast as possible, obviously.

That's it! I'm happy to buy it online or on the high street, but I do need in in the next couple of weeks, so a six week wait from Dell is no good.

Also, which mobile processor is best to get in my price range??

Can anyone help with recommendations? Thanks!

5 Comments

i just got this one a couple weeks ago and it seems great

]http//ww…175

only downside really is onboard graphics but its plays the games ive wanted it to absolutly fine and i regularly watch movies on it with no issues, all in all seems pretty good specs for the price!

intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram!, 250gb harddrive and a decent battery life of up to 4.5 hours

One of the Intel Core 2 processors is best, 800 or 1066fsb and as much cache and as fast a clockspeed as possible.

Original Poster

Wow onlyme23, that's a good deal. I was nearly set on getting a Dell outlet model, but now I'm not so sure!

ferple;2954147

Wow onlyme23, that's a good deal. I was nearly set on getting a Dell … Wow onlyme23, that's a good deal. I was nearly set on getting a Dell outlet model, but now I'm not so sure!

seemed it to me! i been using it happily for couple weeks with no regrets!

Original Poster

Found a corker on Dell Outlet so I'm going for that. Of course, I blew my budget! Thanks for the help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Now tv entertainment passes11
      2. Best laptop for a budget of £700?22
      3. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?410
      4. Good Sim only deals??59

See more discussions