Groups
    EXPIRED

*deal Request* Cpu Motherboard Ram

best motherboard/cpu/ram bundle £ 150

Sumthing good

im after all the above to replace the bag o shitto in my pc that decided to go 6 feet under

not bothered if its intel or amd or what ever! Pref 512+ram
    and fastest seepd processor!

no more that 150£ inc delivery

local stores = comet currys maplin

anythinging in birminham area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32 Comments

Buying online no good?
    AGP or PCI-express motherboard?

Original Poster

buy on line ok!

i have no graphics card so err if u can find 1 cheap cheap 170£ is my max budget!

errrr i dunno bout

AGP or PCI-express motherboard?

whats diffrence!

i use 3 pci cards atm! sound usb and ethanet so yer what ever!

Original Poster

so you reakon its a gooddeal

Can't be beaten mate.

The grahpics card is oen of the lowest you can get, but your on such a tight budget there is nothing I could do. It will play all games but the latest high end ones will be turned right down and may struggle if a lot of action in screen at once.

Other than that it is a great package for the price.

In the for sale or trade ]http//ww…070

tonyd19565

In the for sale or trade … In the for sale or trade ]http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48070

if you're tempted by any of the items make sure you check the retail price first.

Original Poster

i dont knwo much bout pc parts
    can wack 1 together no probs tho so ill problty get the ebuyer 1's!

unless any 1 eles can help

ill give it till the mornming for more replys!!!

and will rep all thaqt help

Original Poster

i also iots a SATA connection i uise ide!

Don't worry mate the motherboard will support up to 4 ide devices.

Original Poster

you really think its worth it?

i dont like to spend my own ££££

will it work with my 160gp maxtor hdd
    i have a 60gb stat!

a dvd-rw (ide)
    cd-rw (ide)
    then all my ide cards!

Antj87

you really think its worth it?i dont like to spend my own ££££will it wor … you really think its worth it?i dont like to spend my own ££££will it work with my 160gp maxtor hddi have a 60gb stat!a dvd-rw (ide)cd-rw (ide)then all my ide cards!

Lol then spend someone elses. :thumbsup:

That will not be a problem, and your pci cards will be fine as I have made sure I chose an ATX and nor an mATX so you will have enough PCI ports.

I can honestly say you will not get a better price anywhere mate. I especially went for the X2 processor because at that price it's pointless getting anything else, at £79.95 delivered for a dual core processor that is awesome. :thumbsup:

Antj87..the upgrade recommended by beerman is the best you're gonna get within your budget and will certainly work with your current hardware....so what PCI hardware have you...the Abit has 3 PCI slots so should suffice.

Original Poster

just phoned my joe blogs shop gut and he said:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 79£

or wait till saturday and get

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ for the same price

also 1gb ram 40£

also if need be a pci card that changes to an ide connector!!!! for my current hard ware!

mobo asus summot £40

+15£ for graphics card!

what u reakon???

Also this board comes with built in ehternet so you can do away with that PCI card, it will probably come with plenty of usb ports so you could probably do away with your usb card too.

It also comes with 6.1 onboard sound which if your not running a high quality sound card will be good enough so in reality you can dump all of your current PCI cards.

Is that AM2 or the old 939 board?

Is that an AGP board or a PCI-epress?

Still a good price, also depends what kind of ram he is throwing on you, It could be an old 939 board so it will be old DDR ram and it could even be as low as PC2100 ro PC2700 which you want to avoid at all costs.

Also if the board is an AGP board I would avoid that too.

Worth calling him back and asking for model numbers on the board and graphics card. Also what type and speed of ram.

But if you can get an X2 4200 for £79 then get it mate, a great price.

Original Poster

im gonna wait till next saturday and see what his deals are! then will come back to you (if thats ok ) to compare!!!!!!!!!!

just to add if the 4200 is AM2 and a retail pack including cooler then it's a steal.

But like beerman I'm sceptical that you are being offered the full monty ..as beerman says check the model nos and RAM type..

Original Poster

i done hes head in a bit coz i couldnt hear him abit!

lol give him a buzz lol see what deal you can get me! lol

Antj87

im gonna wait till next saturday and see what his deals are! then will … im gonna wait till next saturday and see what his deals are! then will come back to you (if thats ok ) to compare!!!!!!!!!!

No problem mate, just don't let him talk you into buying second rate stuf. You really want an AM2 board that is PCI-express and not AGP, and DDR2 ram and not DDR.

Nothing worng with socket 939, it's just your limited to the speed of ram DDR400, whereas with AM2 you can get the new faster DDR2 ram so your lifespan is extended on your parts because you can upgrade easier.

Also AGP graphics will be about dead in a few months time, so the only way to go is PCI-express so do not let him sell you an AGP board and AGP graphics card. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

1gb ddr2 ram 667

asus m2m8-vmx

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Socket AM2 Dual-Core OEM Processor

thats what he is offoring

said fans not very much!

but how much is not very much!

Antj87

1gb ddr2 ram 667asus m2m8-vmxAMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Socket AM2 Dual-Core … 1gb ddr2 ram 667asus m2m8-vmxAMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Socket AM2 Dual-Core OEM Processorthats what he is offoringsaid fans not very much!but how much is not very much!

Well you should have asked??? LOL

Original Poster

ok i think the mobo is wrong!

he said it has 1 ide!

But for £166

Original Poster

i did he said he dont know till they come in next week!

The ram is about £2 cheaper than online, the board is £10 dearer than online, the processor is a £7 cheaper. So it alls depends who you want to buy from mate.

The board is only a micro ATX, as I said I tried to stay away from those so you can connect your PCI cards as this only has 2 PCI slots.

But it does come with onboard graphics so you dont need to buy a card.

I would imgaine it has an ehternet port, plenty of USB2 ports so you can dump those two cards.

Original Poster

what board is better?

for me!

Original Poster

can u post link to motherboard i cant find it:D i wanna compare!

pluse the 4200 he is getting aint retail pack!
    how much would a fan cost

Original Poster

hi mate im off to a computer fair today so i have noted down all the specs you have given me and going to see what deals i can get!

so maybe ill get some parts today!

Take into consideration that the AMD reatil pack comes with a three year warranty..the OEM will only have 12 months.

Best of luck at the fair.

Original Poster

hi all got the same as stated above:d from beer!

from fair at same price so alls good!

Nice one. Sorry I did not reply earlier but this is the first time I have logged on this weekend.

Antj87

hi all got the same as stated above:d from beer!from fair at same price … hi all got the same as stated above:d from beer!from fair at same price so alls good!

That's really great to get those prices...let us know how the new rig performs.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. MacBook Air 11.6 MD712 Good Deal?513
      2. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger89
      3. Can I use talktalk box with Virgin media?22
      4. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz926

See more discussions