dealing with a complete weirdo on ebay, have a look at this:-

21 replies
Found 26th Apr 2009
I said please send money and make sure you have a verified address as i have not received payment after 3 days now and i got this response back.

If you do that you will certainly be suspended by Ebay. I am quite willing to pay you but not without your contact details, to protect myself from fraud ( which has happened to me before). I will also report you to the police as a possible attempted fraud. You must think I am an idiot to send you £200 without knowing who the hell you are or where you live. Make my day, report it to Ebay. Is it too much trouble to even phone me?. Look at my record, why should I not pay you?

19 Comments

Well personally I think that Ebay SHOULD provide buyers with the details of the seller , especially when buying high value items, but thats besides the point, the person has bought the item and is now being an ****

Surely he has your contact details from the sale, if he is to send you payment ? perhaps english isnt his/her first language and it could be as simple as a misunderstnding in your wording to them?

Yeah, I also thought that the buyer's can see the sellers details for sending cheques, etc :?

Use the request contact details page, that way he will get your details and you will get his

Hi
send a copy of the email to [email protected] if you think its dodgy, i had similar problem
and turned out to be fake

Mrs.Z;5038367

Yeah, I also thought that the buyer's can see the sellers details for … Yeah, I also thought that the buyer's can see the sellers details for sending cheques, etc :?

I thought this too but the number of people who contact me asking where to send their cheque/postal order too kind of makes me wonder that sometimes they don't!!

Annie1508;5038391

I thought this too but the number of people who contact me asking where … I thought this too but the number of people who contact me asking where to send their cheque/postal order too kind of makes me wonder that sometimes they don't!!

Which could be why this buyer hasnt paid yet and wants the details

If I was the OP, i would simply email him my contact details and then request payment (send an invoice via ebay) wait for the 7 days then report for NPB

do they not get them as soon as you send an invoice too?

Why not just give him the details? It may just shut him up and then he'd pay. As someone else mentioned he may not actually have them (ebay aren't exactly reliable).

If he genuinely hasn't got the details and you sent that email to me I would have second thoughts about going through with this especially for a sum of £200.

From past sales that I have done, it has transpired that the buyer does not have my details, even though they are entered on ebay and should come up. I'm not too sure why in all honesty.

so send the money today or i will cancel this

What will the buyer think to a threat? I wouldn't be too happy - they may well be in the situation of genuinely not having your details.

Did a copy of the invoice not get sent to your inbox? Can you check that to cross check and verify if your details were on it?

Well i'm guessing you haven't filled in the contact details bit on ebay. Paypal DON'T give out any details about the seller btw.

ants97;5038786

Why not just give him the details? It may just shut him up and then he'd … Why not just give him the details? It may just shut him up and then he'd pay. As someone else mentioned he may not actually have them (ebay aren't exactly reliable). If he genuinely hasn't got the details and you sent that email to me I would have second thoughts about going through with this especially for a sum of £200.

+1

There doesn't seem to be anything weird to me, or am i missing something? The buyer doesn't appear to have gotten any contact details from the seller, so why not just send them to put the buyer at ease? they are after all, parting with £200. If anything I think you are being a fraction awkward about it, having read the reply you have sent..

Shengis;5038846

Well i'm guessing you haven't filled in the contact details bit on ebay. … Well i'm guessing you haven't filled in the contact details bit on ebay. Paypal DON'T give out any details about the seller btw.

was gonna say this, ive purchased items before and the seller hasnt filled this out, had to contact them for the address

loupomm;5038861

was gonna say this, ive purchased items before and the seller hasnt … was gonna say this, ive purchased items before and the seller hasnt filled this out, had to contact them for the address

Quite possibly, but even if they are filled out and the buyer has missed them somehow, what's the harm in just sending them when requested, just to put the buyers mind at ease with parting with a large sum of money.

Appears that your' buyer wants clarification of your' address, prior to sending £200, that's all?
Don't know about the complete weirdo part?

You may be dealing with Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry), by the sound of the, "Make My Day" part!! :w00t:

This thread deserves a "parody thread".

garbage456;5038586

my reply was:-i have done over 200 transactions on ebay and everyone pays … my reply was:-i have done over 200 transactions on ebay and everyone pays for the item they have won they are under obligation to do so,you already have my details the second you win the auction it is sent as an email from ebay,and paypal give my details before you even send the money, and every single member of ebay is now insured with paypal upto the value of £500 or so if you dont receive the item.i really dont understand your problem, what the hell are you going on about attempted fraud you have a responsibilty to pay for the item you have won,so to clarify ebay send you the details of me when you win, and 2nd PAYPAL give you my details even before you press the pay button.so send the money today or i will cancel this and make sure your paypal address is confirmed otherwise i will not send and i dont want to be the victim of attempted fraud again.

I personally would not of sent that ^
Remember you cant neg them, but sending emails like that isnt going to get you a positive vote

You only had to send him your details, sit back & wait for payment, i also wouldnt send £200 to someone who's details i didnt know.

i had someone wanting to send me a postal order which i didnt recieve then went mental claiming an item not recieved case because i didnt recieve there postal order they then threatened me with fraud when i told them to take the reciept to post office and theyll investigate and see i havent cashed it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions