Groups

dealing with compliments

OK...so I accept some of you may not get them so often.....(jokes!!)

but how do you react when someone compliments you? I think I'm weird as if its a stranger I'm fine with it....can say thank you and move on....however if its a family member, friend or OH (potential OH) I always cry......dont know why....just cry lol.

So...just wondered if anyone else will admit to weird reactions to compliments lol....
    (also can double as tonights 'lets chat crap' thread)

40 Comments

I dont take compliments very well at all......I just usually blush and say shurrup!

I like compliments I dont concentrate on em very long though... I spose I do hear quite a lot of em...

I take em for real for that moment and forget em xxx

Original Poster

bitseylango;6444875

I dont take compliments very well at all......I just usually blush and … I dont take compliments very well at all......I just usually blush and say shurrup!

better than bursting into tears!!! Always think that if some fella is ever unlucky enough to marry me....then the speeches at the wedding would be a complete disaster! :oops:

I dont get any

dontdothatagain;6444891

I dont get any

I fink you're wuverlee xx:roll:

lil_tiger;6444889

better than bursting into tears!!! Always think that if some fella is … better than bursting into tears!!! Always think that if some fella is ever unlucky enough to marry me....then the speeches at the wedding would be a complete disaster! :oops:

aw he would be lucky hun xxx

dontdothatagain;6444891

I dont get any

Your cool maan

Happy?

ClarityofMind;6444901

I fink you're wuverlee xx:roll:

damn you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/ColdPsyco/evilmonkey.png

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6444882

I like compliments I dont concentrate on em very long though... I … I like compliments I dont concentrate on em very long though... I spose I do hear quite a lot of em...I take em for real for that moment and forget em xxx

rightly so too!!!!! I think I avoid them....cos I know my reaction...Ill give out compliments then immediately run off so they dont feel the need to give me one :whistling: lol

It may have something to do with growin up wi fellas???? If someone is crude around me then Im fine....would rather a fella say 'id do ya' than 'you look nice tnite' :? lol

dontdothatagain;6444891

I dont get any

check your rep.......I dont want to publicly embarrass you :thumbsup:

I dont get compliments! except about my boobs, lol.

Original Poster

Angelstar;6444904

aw he would be lucky hun xxx

my eyes filled up at that!!! see!!! Im weird!!!!! lol perhaps I need counsilling lol

thank you :oops:

i like them lol

Original Poster

lprangle21;6444924

I dont get compliments! except about my boobs, lol.

yeah I get them too...but I dont mind them....cos theyre more crude than a real compliment....and I can laugh it off :whistling: plus theyre kinda hard to miss....so I guess its to be expected lol

lil_tiger;6444934

my eyes filled up at that!!! see!!! Im weird!!!!! lol perhaps I need … my eyes filled up at that!!! see!!! Im weird!!!!! lol perhaps I need counsilling lolthank you :oops:

aw hun u so sweet :friends:

ClarityofMind;6444901

I fink you're wuverlee xx

Met-Cast;6444906

Your cool maanHappy?

Finally. :-D Thank you.

bitseylango;6444923

check your rep.......I dont want to publicly embarrass you

Will have a look in a min.

EDIT: Read it :cry:

I play it down and laugh.Having said that if im in an argument..I still laugh!!

So you prob cant tell with me..if im angry or happy!!! lol

Met-Cast;6444907

damn you

awwwwwwwwww poor meeeeeeeeee ;-)

Im no better than youim afraid. I cried all the way through my wedding.
    I cry when DH says he loves me, i cry if he buys me things.
    Erm i cry a lot actually im ******* hopeless.
    But dont knock it hun i actually think its a nice attribute.
    I cried when i saw my first proper piggy too and i was 40 yrs then pmsl

Oh hun, summin even more weird than crying at a compliment?

I laugh if someone is mean to me :oops:

dontdothatagain;6444954

Will have a look in a min. :pEDIT: Read it :cry:

wasnt meant to upset you.......dont cry! :oops:

Original Poster

snowflake;6444976

I asked something similar a while back Lil Tig … I asked something similar a while back Lil Tig http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/461990/attractiveness/

aww just read through it...seems were kinda the same hun! :friends:
    cherishu2;6444981

Im no better than youim afraid. I cried all the way through my wedding.I … Im no better than youim afraid. I cried all the way through my wedding.I cry when DH says he loves me, i cry if he buys me things. Erm i cry a lot actually im ******* hopeless. But dont knock it hun i actually think its a nice attribute. I cried when i saw my first proper piggy too and i was 40 yrs then pmsl

awww if i get married I would be just like that!!!! although I dont cry at presents lol.....i love presents!!!!! would cry if someone bought me a puppy tho cos i want one soooooo much!....and Im starting to think that in myself its kinda pathetic lol
    ClarityofMind;6444988

Oh hun, summin even more weird than crying at a compliment?I laugh if … Oh hun, summin even more weird than crying at a compliment?I laugh if someone is mean to me :oops:

lol thats the best way to take an insult tho!

bitseylango;6444993

wasnt meant to upset you.......dont cry! :oops:

It didn't upset me, really.

lil_tiger;6445062

aww just read through it...seems were kinda the same hun! :friends:awww … aww just read through it...seems were kinda the same hun! :friends:awww if i get married I would be just like that!!!! although I dont cry at presents lol.....i love presents!!!!! would cry if someone bought me a puppy tho cos i want one soooooo much!....and Im starting to think that in myself its kinda pathetic lollol thats the best way to take an insult tho!

Imagine... being in the middle of an argument with someone and they call you a name.. and you stand there laughing..

They dont like it honestly :oops:

I say

'You better believe it' :w00t:

But I am incredibily vain lol

Banned

i always thought you were a dude OP lol!

Original Poster

nikkib123;6445067

I say "awwww thanks" and then sometimes say "your not that bad yourself" … I say "awwww thanks" and then sometimes say "your not that bad yourself" things like that ha ha

I would....but generally Im in tears before theyve finished lol :oops: I bet Ill even cry at graduation!!!! My eyes water if my parents say theyre proud of me and everything!!! :thinking:
    choc1969;6445082

I say'You better believe it' :w00t:But I am incredibily vain lol

lol i think im like that when drunk.....but when sober I guess Im pretty insecure :?

Original Poster

kapows;6445096

i always thought you were a dude OP lol!

until yesterday my 'location' said I was female.....or did you think I was lying....lol:thinking:

Banned

lil_tiger;6445117

until yesterday my 'location' said I was female.....or did you think I … until yesterday my 'location' said I was female.....or did you think I was lying....lol:thinking:

i never ever noticed that and conversations youve had in previous threads...i always thought you were a boy...either that or ur a lesbian LOL :w00t:

Original Poster

nikkib123;6445123

Ha ha ha you must be extra sensitive - which is cute ;-)

ahhh cute to begin with I guess.....but as said above....I class it as pathetic :?

I think I need to rep people who have complimented me.......(blatantly with the intention of having me in tears lol)

Original Poster

kapows;6445150

i never ever noticed that and conversations youve had in previous … i never ever noticed that and conversations youve had in previous threads...i always thought you were a boy...either that or ur a lesbian LOL :w00t:

ermmmmmmm Im neither! lol......but Im concerned as to what 'conversations' Iv been havin lol:whistling:

lil_tiger;6445169

ermmmmmmm Im neither! lol......but Im concerned as to what … ermmmmmmm Im neither! lol......but Im concerned as to what 'conversations' Iv been havin lol:whistling:

Better be bein faithful to me woman ;-)

dontdothatagain;6445080

It didn't upset me, really.

good xx

lil_tiger;6445161

ahhh cute to begin with I guess.....but as said above....I class it as … ahhh cute to begin with I guess.....but as said above....I class it as pathetic :?I think I need to rep people who have complimented me.......(blatantly with the intention of having me in tears lol)

arrrrrgghh i can't rep back again xxx

i tend to get all embarrassed and then mumble some crap lol

http://i34.tinypic.com/xc135z.jpg

Banned

i used to have a friend who would cry everytime the RAC advert came on with that song about friendship or something....

girls = weird

bitseylango;6445201

good xx

Was very nice of you tho. :thumbsup:

kapows;6445236

i used to have a friend who would cry everytime the RAC advert came on … i used to have a friend who would cry everytime the RAC advert came on with that song about friendship or something....girls = weird

men are weird 2 lol xxx :thumbsup:

Original Poster

kapows;6445236

i used to have a friend who would cry everytime the RAC advert came on … i used to have a friend who would cry everytime the RAC advert came on with that song about friendship or something....girls = weird

SNAP!!!! the one where the fellas in a field singing a song?!?!?!?! I cant remember the song though....ermmmmm......ooooo I can!

"Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall...all you gotta do is call....and Ill be there yes I will...you gotta friend" :-D

lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …249822
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714125
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31409
      4. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE22

See more discussions