Deals of the Year 2018 - Are you in the list?

Refreshed 7th Feb (Posted 7th Feb)
We had a few emails from users (and PEP users) asking for the hottest deals of 2018, so I thought I'd list a few stats from some of our biggest categories

I looked at two community focus points, one being the votes generated and the other the comments within the threads then mapped the results to our new categories

So here you are - amazing work if your deal made it onto one of these lists!

Special mention to @Wolfout@stevey_p7@reindeer333@square72@trick23 for getting some of the hottest threads of 2018

and @kadooosh@madmaggs@utdminiman1997@Frank30uk@deanos for getting some of the most commented threads of 2018

We'll sort each of you a thank-you present including an Amazon gift card, a hoodie, a Flamedeer and some merch - will PM you all shortly to get your info and get your prizes sent out!

Top 3 Mobile Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…265 Huawei Mate £27 PCM

hotukdeals.com/dea…233 Argos £40 off Mobiles Error

hotukdeals.com/dea…023 Galaxy Note 9 SIMO Deal

And the hottest Mobile Deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…917 iPhone X 64GB £679

hotukdeals.com/dea…255 ID Mobile SIMO £10 Month 7GB

hotukdeals.com/dea…082 12GB Data rollover Contract

hotukdeals.com/dea…478 s9 30GB £33 PCM

hotukdeals.com/dea…539 o2 iPhone Z £613.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…776 Switchy's Megathread

hotukdeals.com/dea…913 2GB SIMO £3

hotukdeals.com/dea…404 Galaxy Note 9 Dual Sim £699

hotukdeals.com/dea…789 45GB SIMO £18 PCM

hotukdeals.com/dea…669 Free SIMO Contract

Top 3 Gaming Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…195 LTD Edition 2TB PS4 PRO

hotukdeals.com/dea…195 Xbox One Error £162.37

hotukdeals.com/dea…592 Battlefield 5 error £26.90

And the hottest Gaming Deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…565 xbox 1tb battlefield bundle £150

hotukdeals.com/dea…073 PS+ Games List Sept

hotukdeals.com/dea…309 XBOX 1tb bundle £139

hotukdeals.com/dea…487 Dualshock 4 V2 £29.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…774 PS+ March

hotukdeals.com/dea…989 CODBO3 Freebie

hotukdeals.com/dea…618 Lego Hobbit Free

hotukdeals.com/dea…003 Battlefield 1 Premium Pass Freebie

hotukdeals.com/dea…177 Xbox Live 6mths £12.49

hotukdeals.com/dea…455 Spiderman £28.99

Top 3 Electronics Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…409 Bravia KDL32WE613 Bundle with sound bar £458

hotukdeals.com/dea…821 Ring Freebie

hotukdeals.com/vou…817 Amazon £10 Voucher - New Year Deal

And the hottest Electronics Deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…655 TP Link Smart Plug 3 pack £36.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…031 Echo Dot £25

hotukdeals.com/dea…119 Echo 2Gen £54.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…361 Massive Screwfix battery packs

hotukdeals.com/dea…108 iPhone battery replacements

hotukdeals.com/dea…247 echo dot 2 gen £19.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…129 128GB Micro SDXC

hotukdeals.com/dea…723 Diall LED Site lights £14.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…107
Integral 120GB

Top 3 Fashion Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…889 Apple Watch S3

hotukdeals.com/dea…163 Samsung Galaxy preorder with charger

hotukdeals.com/dea…803 Physix Gear misprice

Top 3 Fashion Deals excluding Wearables

hotukdeals.com/dea…803 Physix Gear again

hotukdeals.com/dea…445 £35.47 Nike Tracksuits

hotukdeals.com/dea…318 Nike voucher stacking

And the hottest fashion deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…129 Batman Dressing Gowns

hotukdeals.com/dea…364 More Nike Stacks

hotukdeals.com/dea…007 Adidas Black Friday Promo

Top 3 Beauty Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…313 GHD Error

hotukdeals.com/dea…689 Bare Minerals Error

hotukdeals.com/dea…598 Half Price Boots Fragrances

And the hottest Beauty Deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…686 Soap and Glory Previews

hotukdeals.com/dea…943 No 7 Treats

hotukdeals.com/dea…327 Dior Sauvage £54.82

Top 3 Culture + Leisure / Travel Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…880 90% off Expedia

hotukdeals.com/dea…865 £30 travel money for a fiver

hotukdeals.com/dea…741 Cheap Legoland Passes

And the hottest Culture + Leisure Deals / Travel of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…313 Hotel Transylvania 2 Freebie

hotukdeals.com/dea…022 Freeview Movies List

hotukdeals.com/dea…766 Free Arthur Christmas

hotukdeals.com/dea…092 Cheap USA Roadtrip

hotukdeals.com/dea…808 Passport Renewal Reminder

hotukdeals.com/dea…880 90% off Expedia

Hottest Home + Garden Deals 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…871 Furniture code stacking at ebay argos

hotukdeals.com/dea…091 Protect your property from fraud

hotukdeals.com/dea…299 Minky Ironing Boards

Hottest Family + Kids Deals 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…538 Gt. Ormond Street Bernard bear

hotukdeals.com/dea…114 Colouring Pencils

hotukdeals.com/dea…281 Free Maxi Cosi Replacements

Hottest Grocery Threads

hotukdeals.com/dea…730 Choc Tubs at Tesco

hotukdeals.com/dea…137 Diet Coke multipacks

hotukdeals.com/dea…065 How to get Sainsbury's coupons before you pay

Special Credit: Misc Community

hotukdeals wouldn't be where it is without the awesome community behind it, and some of our misc threads shine a huge spotlight on those users that come back day after day to chat, help each other out and share their interests. Here are the most commented misc threads of 2018 - Thank you to @fern37@.Yoshi.@Eden0032@jamie015@deeky for creating some of the biggest discussion threads of 2018. You'll also get a little thank you present, as above. Will be in touch soon!

hotukdeals.com/dis…581 The big gaming thread

hotukdeals.com/dis…438 Flamedeer hunt

hotukdeals.com/dis…777 Just eat discounts

hotukdeals.com/dis…712@fern37 photo thread

hotukdeals.com/dis…151@deeky checking in on Daffers

Over the next few weeks we'll also be looking at which stores you loved in 2018, and which were the villains of the year.

I'd love to hear what your favourite deal or thread was last year - did you buy anything from the lists above?

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I'd like to award my prize to daffers as my thread wouldn't have existed without her.

Unless it's any good, obviously. In which case I'm keeping it for myself.
Congratulations everyone

I’d like to also mention The Great Big Tuesday night pub quiz thread - in which Shabbird (mainly) and co do an excellent job entertaining us
Amazing work to all those who take time to post whether that be a deal, discussion or just join in on threads, regardless if in the top XX or not

It really is appreciated! I, for one, have saved a ton of cash, although i've spent a lot also....

Big thank you!
Edited by: "goonertillidie" 7th Feb
222 Comments
Must work harder

37009877-8JQmo.jpg
You're in the list a few times, Switchy!
juliet_bravo1 m ago

You're in the list a few times, Switchy!

Exactly, I wanted to be top of them all
Oh wow never won anything before thanks 😁
deanos10 m ago

Oh wow never won anything before thanks 😁

Well done mate.
Ah epic, I won something! Thanks makes up for missing out on the ps4 I posted the deal for!
kadooosh1 m ago

Ah epic, I won something! Thanks makes up for missing out on the ps4 I …Ah epic, I won something! Thanks makes up for missing out on the ps4 I posted the deal for!

Well done
This is really great. Very happy about how well my post was received. Hopefully it helped out a few members along the way too.
id like to thank my family first.....
I’m a winner! Yay
trick235 m ago

id like to thank my family first.....

Then?
Mrswitch1 m ago

Then?

hukd for giving me the platform to express my self
Mrswitch54 m ago

Well done mate.

Cheers , well done to you too
Edited by: "deanos" 7th Feb
OMG thank you so much! if anyone followed that thread in amongst all the comments I mentioned that I had a horrible time in December and over Xmas. It really cheered me up that so many people got them and had it honoured and it's still getting comments over a month on.
@Mrswitch big thanks to you especially for all your hard work I'm typing all this on my excellent mi A2 lite after all your posts I'm not going back to Samsung any time soon.
Edited by: "madmaggs" 7th Feb
Wow, I made the list ! Thank you so much. I never win anything
Thank you, when you say flamedeer is that a plushie so excited.
Bring back the gaming category
madmaggs34 m ago

@Mrswitch big thanks to you especially for all your hard work I'm typing …@Mrswitch big thanks to you especially for all your hard work I'm typing all this on my excellent mi A2 lite after all your posts I'm not going back to Samsung any time soon.

Great stuff, xiaomi are the way forward, or so I've heard
HUKD Gaming Community and Discussion has just turned one years old so really cool we got a mention in here

Hopefully the second year can be even better so if you don't know about us please stop by and consider subscribing to be updated on new comments. Although I am the OP the place is nothing to do with me and belongs to everyone the community. Share news stories, post pictures and videos or discuss anything gaming related. Everyone is welcome!

Am I in 😬
I'd like to award my prize to daffers as my thread wouldn't have existed without her.

deeky10 m ago

I'd like to award my prize to daffers as my thread wouldn't have existed …I'd like to award my prize to daffers as my thread wouldn't have existed without her.Unless it's any good, obviously. In which case I'm keeping it for myself.

@daffers deserves it. You only started that thread because you were too tight to send her flowers.

Well done Deek. Well deserved.
Frank30uk1 h, 26 m ago

I’m a winner! Yay

About time too.

Although I would have said you were a winner after you PM’d those discounts codes out to anyone and everyone on request.
Awesome. Has this been done before?
I'm honoured to have won this prize, and for a thread that was for Just Eat codes! Thanks so much to @chimp14uk for the initial suggestion of the thread here and to all the regulars who give away and request codes there!

I never imagined in 2016 when I joined that HUKD would change my life in so many ways, so to be here winning a prize after just 116 deals/discussions is amazing! I spent over 13 hours of my week on HUKD this week, and every week it's more or less the same regardless of holidays or how busy I am. I just can't stay off!

Looks like I made 2 HUKD WhatsApp messages in 1 day too, never happened before so I'm even more happy now!
Edited by: "jamie15" 7th Feb
Oooh how exciting, thank you @juliet_bravo and the team at HUKD!
Mrswitch4 h, 5 m ago

Exactly, I wanted to be top of them all

As it is you won twice, do you get 2 prizes? Wonder what you are going to do with 2 Flamedeer if you get that, I'd have no idea. My Flamedeer and Mi Community box are both on display next to each other
jamie157th Feb

I'm honoured to have won this prize, and for a thread that was for Just …I'm honoured to have won this prize, and for a thread that was for Just Eat codes! Thanks so much to @chimp14uk for the initial suggestion of the thread here and to all the regulars who give away and request codes there! I never imagined in 2016 when I joined that HUKD would change my life in so many ways, so to be here winning a prize after just 116 deals/discussions is amazing! I spent over 13 hours of my week on HUKD this week, and every week it's more or less the same regardless of holidays or how busy I am. I just can't stay off!Looks like I made 2 HUKD WhatsApp messages in 1 day too, never happened before so I'm even more happy now!

Oh jamie...

37011794-xpGBC.jpg
Biddy21 h, 35 m ago

Although I would have said you were a winner after you PM’d those d …Although I would have said you were a winner after you PM’d those discounts codes out to anyone and everyone on request.

Wut?
deeky5 m ago

Oh jamie...[Image]

@deeky you nearly made me lose my prize but then you made it right
jamie157th Feb

As it is you won twice, do you get 2 prizes? Wonder what you are going …As it is you won twice, do you get 2 prizes? Wonder what you are going to do with 2 Flamedeer if you get that, I'd have no idea. My Flamedeer and Mi Community box are both on display next to each other

I'm getting nowt haha, only the people that got copied in the op got a prize 😔
jamie157th Feb

@deeky you nearly made me lose my prize but then you made it right …@deeky you nearly made me lose my prize but then you made it right

I felt really bad about that even though I did it with the best of intentions. Glad it was sorted out in the end.
Mrswitch1 m ago

I'm getting nowt haha, only the people that got copied in the op got a …I'm getting nowt haha, only the people that got copied in the op got a prize 😔

I thought all people on the list got a prize, I hope I am!
Mrswitch1 m ago

I'm getting nowt haha, only the people that got copied in the op got a …I'm getting nowt haha, only the people that got copied in the op got a prize 😔

You can have my prize. Daffers will never know
jamie157th Feb

I thought all people on the list got a prize, I hope I am!

I think it's just those at the top and those in the special misc section at the bottom. You're with me son
deeky2 m ago

You can have my prize. Daffers will never know

I'll hold you to that

Mrswitch6 m ago

I'll hold you to that

Same conditions apply though, only if it's no good
deeky2 h, 6 m ago

I'd like to award my prize to daffers as my thread wouldn't have existed …I'd like to award my prize to daffers as my thread wouldn't have existed without her.

You're a star deekles

deeky2 h, 6 m ago

Not sure why it's got the added thingymagig when I edited...wouldn't mind, I've only just found out how to edit a reply
Well done on those winners

I do hope @Mrswitch@jamie015 and @deeky get something, they put a lot into the site and have been so generous with advice...also, I've previously won something off of deeky and jamie
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants