Deals of the Year 2018 - Are you in the list?

Refreshed 7th Feb (Posted 7th Feb)
We had a few emails from users (and PEP users) asking for the hottest deals of 2018, so I thought I'd list a few stats from some of our biggest categories

I looked at two community focus points, one being the votes generated and the other the comments within the threads then mapped the results to our new categories

So here you are - amazing work if your deal made it onto one of these lists!

Special mention to @Wolfout@stevey_p7@reindeer333@square72@trick23 for getting some of the hottest threads of 2018

and @kadooosh@madmaggs@utdminiman1997@Frank30uk@deanos for getting some of the most commented threads of 2018

We'll sort each of you a thank-you present including an Amazon gift card, a hoodie, a Flamedeer and some merch - will PM you all shortly to get your info and get your prizes sent out!

Top 3 Mobile Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…265 Huawei Mate £27 PCM

hotukdeals.com/dea…233 Argos £40 off Mobiles Error

hotukdeals.com/dea…023 Galaxy Note 9 SIMO Deal

And the hottest Mobile Deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…917 iPhone X 64GB £679

hotukdeals.com/dea…255 ID Mobile SIMO £10 Month 7GB

hotukdeals.com/dea…082 12GB Data rollover Contract

hotukdeals.com/dea…478 s9 30GB £33 PCM

hotukdeals.com/dea…539 o2 iPhone Z £613.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…776 Switchy's Megathread

hotukdeals.com/dea…913 2GB SIMO £3

hotukdeals.com/dea…404 Galaxy Note 9 Dual Sim £699

hotukdeals.com/dea…789 45GB SIMO £18 PCM

hotukdeals.com/dea…669 Free SIMO Contract

Top 3 Gaming Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…195 LTD Edition 2TB PS4 PRO

hotukdeals.com/dea…195 Xbox One Error £162.37

hotukdeals.com/dea…592 Battlefield 5 error £26.90

And the hottest Gaming Deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…565 xbox 1tb battlefield bundle £150

hotukdeals.com/dea…073 PS+ Games List Sept

hotukdeals.com/dea…309 XBOX 1tb bundle £139

hotukdeals.com/dea…487 Dualshock 4 V2 £29.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…774 PS+ March

hotukdeals.com/dea…989 CODBO3 Freebie

hotukdeals.com/dea…618 Lego Hobbit Free

hotukdeals.com/dea…003 Battlefield 1 Premium Pass Freebie

hotukdeals.com/dea…177 Xbox Live 6mths £12.49

hotukdeals.com/dea…455 Spiderman £28.99

Top 3 Electronics Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…409 Bravia KDL32WE613 Bundle with sound bar £458

hotukdeals.com/dea…821 Ring Freebie

hotukdeals.com/vou…817 Amazon £10 Voucher - New Year Deal

And the hottest Electronics Deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…655 TP Link Smart Plug 3 pack £36.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…031 Echo Dot £25

hotukdeals.com/dea…119 Echo 2Gen £54.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…361 Massive Screwfix battery packs

hotukdeals.com/dea…108 iPhone battery replacements

hotukdeals.com/dea…247 echo dot 2 gen £19.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…129 128GB Micro SDXC

hotukdeals.com/dea…723 Diall LED Site lights £14.99

hotukdeals.com/dea…107
Integral 120GB

Top 3 Fashion Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…889 Apple Watch S3

hotukdeals.com/dea…163 Samsung Galaxy preorder with charger

hotukdeals.com/dea…803 Physix Gear misprice

Top 3 Fashion Deals excluding Wearables

hotukdeals.com/dea…803 Physix Gear again

hotukdeals.com/dea…445 £35.47 Nike Tracksuits

hotukdeals.com/dea…318 Nike voucher stacking

And the hottest fashion deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…129 Batman Dressing Gowns

hotukdeals.com/dea…364 More Nike Stacks

hotukdeals.com/dea…007 Adidas Black Friday Promo

Top 3 Beauty Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…313 GHD Error

hotukdeals.com/dea…689 Bare Minerals Error

hotukdeals.com/dea…598 Half Price Boots Fragrances

And the hottest Beauty Deals of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…686 Soap and Glory Previews

hotukdeals.com/dea…943 No 7 Treats

hotukdeals.com/dea…327 Dior Sauvage £54.82

Top 3 Culture + Leisure / Travel Deals

hotukdeals.com/dea…880 90% off Expedia

hotukdeals.com/dea…865 £30 travel money for a fiver

hotukdeals.com/dea…741 Cheap Legoland Passes

And the hottest Culture + Leisure Deals / Travel of 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…313 Hotel Transylvania 2 Freebie

hotukdeals.com/dea…022 Freeview Movies List

hotukdeals.com/dea…766 Free Arthur Christmas

hotukdeals.com/dea…092 Cheap USA Roadtrip

hotukdeals.com/dea…808 Passport Renewal Reminder

hotukdeals.com/dea…880 90% off Expedia

Hottest Home + Garden Deals 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…871 Furniture code stacking at ebay argos

hotukdeals.com/dea…091 Protect your property from fraud

hotukdeals.com/dea…299 Minky Ironing Boards

Hottest Family + Kids Deals 2018

hotukdeals.com/dea…538 Gt. Ormond Street Bernard bear

hotukdeals.com/dea…114 Colouring Pencils

hotukdeals.com/dea…281 Free Maxi Cosi Replacements

Hottest Grocery Threads

hotukdeals.com/dea…730 Choc Tubs at Tesco

hotukdeals.com/dea…137 Diet Coke multipacks

hotukdeals.com/dea…065 How to get Sainsbury's coupons before you pay

Special Credit: Misc Community

hotukdeals wouldn't be where it is without the awesome community behind it, and some of our misc threads shine a huge spotlight on those users that come back day after day to chat, help each other out and share their interests. Here are the most commented misc threads of 2018 - Thank you to @fern37@.Yoshi.@Eden0032@jamie015@deeky for creating some of the biggest discussion threads of 2018. You'll also get a little thank you present, as above. Will be in touch soon!

hotukdeals.com/dis…581 The big gaming thread

hotukdeals.com/dis…438 Flamedeer hunt

hotukdeals.com/dis…777 Just eat discounts

hotukdeals.com/dis…712@fern37 photo thread

hotukdeals.com/dis…151@deeky checking in on Daffers

Over the next few weeks we'll also be looking at which stores you loved in 2018, and which were the villains of the year.

I'd love to hear what your favourite deal or thread was last year - did you buy anything from the lists above?

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I'd like to award my prize to daffers as my thread wouldn't have existed without her.

Unless it's any good, obviously. In which case I'm keeping it for myself.
Congratulations everyone

I’d like to also mention The Great Big Tuesday night pub quiz thread - in which Shabbird (mainly) and co do an excellent job entertaining us
Amazing work to all those who take time to post whether that be a deal, discussion or just join in on threads, regardless if in the top XX or not

It really is appreciated! I, for one, have saved a ton of cash, although i've spent a lot also....

Big thank you!
Edited by: "goonertillidie" 7th Feb
222 Comments
If only you could do this whiten the deal still on, would be amazing
juliet_bravo6 m ago

All 15 winners of the reward box have been PMd can you also include …All 15 winners of the reward box have been PMd can you also include what sized sweatshirt you'd prefer please guys@Wolfout @stevey_p7 @reindeer333 @square72 @trick23 @kadooosh @madmaggs @utdminiman1997 @Frank30uk @deanos @fern37 @.Yoshi. @Eden0032 @jamie015 @deeky

Thanks, just sent my email to you, But not having a size chart I didn’t know exactly which I would be as different manufacturers have different sizing, so I have included 2 sizes Either way it will be worn by someone in the family thanks again.
yay well done all the site contributors
RedNWhite10 h, 38 m ago

Congratulations everyone I’d like to also mention The Great Big T …Congratulations everyone I’d like to also mention The Great Big Tuesday night pub quiz thread - in which Shabbird (mainly) and co do an excellent job entertaining us

awwww
juliet_bravo1 h, 41 m ago

All 15 winners of the reward box have been PMd can you also include …All 15 winners of the reward box have been PMd can you also include what sized sweatshirt you'd prefer please guys@Wolfout @stevey_p7 @reindeer333 @square72 @trick23 @kadooosh @madmaggs @utdminiman1997 @Frank30uk @deanos @fern37 @.Yoshi. @Eden0032 @jamie015 @deeky

Congratulations to all the winners
juliet_bravo1 h, 58 m ago

Thanks JB! Email sent
Thank you so much, email sent
deeky8 h, 9 m ago

I have a feeling I missed something here

There was a joke that Frank was handing out discount codes on a deal and he was swamped with PMs from others asking for a code when the deal blew up.
fr3dy77_sp33d4 h, 23 m ago

If only you could do this whiten the deal still on, would be amazing

They do show the hottest deals on here.

37017667-flFIJ.jpg
juliet_bravo10 h, 34 m ago

Email sent with info that was requested. 2019 is turning into a good year for me, at last This is up there with winning my PIP appeal recently If I get a plushie then that's my highlight of the year
fern374 m ago

Email sent with info that was requested. 2019 is turning into a good year …Email sent with info that was requested. 2019 is turning into a good year for me, at last This is up there with winning my PIP appeal recently If I get a plushie then that's my highlight of the year

Well done fern xx
Just noticed this thread,
Neat consolidation.(unicorn)
Kudos to winners.

Versatile range, little was my search/need level & discovered more here. Lots added to my “saved list”. Amazed on seeing what’s going on.

Keep Rocking.(y)
Edited by: "Roselilyjas" 8th Feb
Always happy to see @deeky get something back and @.Yoshi. Gaming thread is only reason I’m on here so much these days. @reindeer333 has given me some of my fave deals here along with @mixmixi and @BuzzDuraband

congrats to all.
I like hoodies
joanddan723 m ago

Always happy to see @deeky get something back and @.Yoshi. Gaming thread …Always happy to see @deeky get something back and @.Yoshi. Gaming thread is only reason I’m on here so much these days. @reindeer333 has given me some of my fave deals here along with @mixmixi and @BuzzDuraband congrats to all.

Congrats to the community. I think this is the community who is the winner and mostly congrats to the top ones in this community who’ve been selected. :)Well done.
BuzzDuraband1 m ago

I like hoodies

You are talking about the item of clothing yeah?
BuzzDuraband2 m ago

I like hoodies

Annoying you’re.

Joking!
Surprisingly I only purchased from two of the deals
Biddy222 h, 29 m ago

They do show the hottest deals on here. [Image]

I got that but I missed the "legendary/ glitch" deals which often only happen before the heat reaches 100. Last time the WA message contains just that but now 99.99% contains the boring stuff
Big congratulations to all the Leg ends Legends on the HUKD 2018 lists, well done for all you hard work

There are also, a massive amount of 1 or 2 time deal posters, that have stayed over the last year, posted a few more and helped to build the community up, with some not so hot 5000+ deal hotness deals, that give the everyday shoppers, with not much of budget, a way to save tons of money, on their weekly//monthly family or presents for loved ones shopping!

Which is the WHOLE point of the site!

Fab BIG data compiling @juliet_bravo thanks for sharing it
My deal is on the list didn't expect it, thank you very much HUKD Team and all community members.
Edited by: "VFX9" 9th Feb
I thought Illusionary would of been on that list, seeing as they have spent a great deal of time giving codes away. The dedication alone..

Example thread hotukdeals.com/dis…008

Anyhow, well done to everybody.
Edited by: "fluidz" 9th Feb
@amazoncrazy definitely deserves one
fern378th Feb

Email sent with info that was requested. 2019 is turning into a good year …Email sent with info that was requested. 2019 is turning into a good year for me, at last This is up there with winning my PIP appeal recently If I get a plushie then that's my highlight of the year

so glad things are taking a turn for the better fern. Hope it continues for you
fluidz12 h, 1 m ago

I thought Illusionary would of been on that list, seeing as they have …I thought Illusionary would of been on that list, seeing as they have spent a great deal of time giving codes away. The dedication alone..Example thread https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/weekly-game-codes-giveaway-250-christmas-special-3138008Anyhow, well done to everybody.

As those are weekly threads, they haven't individually racked up more comments than any of the top 5 in the OP. @Illusionary puts a lot of work into their thread which is very much appreciated by loads of HUKD'ers but it would only be counted if all in 1 thread, which would make it harder to tally votes.
As a little celebration of my inclusion as Thread Of The Year winner for my Just Eat Trading Thread, I decided to give out a little prize. The first person who shared one of their codes would win a £1 Amazon gift card, but I didn't reveal this until the trade was complete and the code was redeemed by another member. The winner was @krazysaj and has already been sent their gift card, so glad to have one this but I couldn't have won this without users such as them giving out codes so they deserve it!
Edited by: "jamie15" 10th Feb
well done every one xxx
fern378th Feb

That is great news fern

Well done everyone
Edited by: "Wongy110" 10th Feb
Woo I made the list hope you all enjoyed my hotukdeals.com/deals/chocolate-tubs-cadbury-heroes-660g-mars-celebrations-650g-nestle-quality-street-698g-tesco-instore-nationwide-250-3150730 and hotukdeals.com/deals/bombay-sapphire-gin-1l-18-instore-and-online-tesco-3142037 will make sure not too many wild goose chases in 2019

Also thanks to HUKD for gift for another thread won't mention that one though 🎁 but thanks again made kids well happy x
Edited by: "sjr1974uk" 10th Feb
Oh ... I'd managed to be in one post here ..
Why wasn’t this deal on the list? 100% deal of 2018 for me.

hotukdeals.com/dea…955
MrJinxy25 m ago

Why wasn’t this deal on the list? 100% deal of 2018 for m …Why wasn’t this deal on the list? 100% deal of 2018 for me.https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/iphone-7-plus-256gb-sold-by-renew-phones-and-fba-for-3299-3144955

It was a great one.
Have you managed to grab this deal? I was second in posting but I got 110 degree and later was removed as duplicate. I bought one after posting which had screen problem then sold it for £220.
What about the S9+/S9 1month contract glitches at £535 and £400 or something just a month or 2 after release?
Well done everyone, it’s much deserved
Brutes17 h, 1 m ago

It was a great one. Have you managed to grab this deal? I was second in …It was a great one. Have you managed to grab this deal? I was second in posting but I got 110 degree and later was removed as duplicate. I bought one after posting which had screen problem then sold it for £220.

Yes I was lucky to get one of the phones. I sold it on straight away for £330 cash locally, so was well happy. Made £300, great considering it was just after Xmas
Not sure how the GHD Error continues to get any credibility - it never worked and nobody got the deal
Juliet bravo.
Is that meant to be pronounced in muffled tones?
If so:
Made it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants