Groups
    EXPIRED

Deals on good energy saving spot lights

Has anyone got any info on where to buy good quality energy saving spot light bulbs (GU10) - not the the cheap ones from China that give out yellow lighting, but similar to those sold by Megaman. Oh, and they have to be able to be used on a dimmer switch.

Hope that's not to much to ask.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

7 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks, but these aren't the energy saving type. They usually cost around £15 per bulb. If you have quite a few, it starts turning into a major purchase.

Cheers anyway

energy-centre.net/ind…572 (non dimmable)
    energy-centre.net/ind…598 (dimmable)

Never used the company so dunno if they are a good trader, but they claim to be ethical and all that. Found them via google. Couldn't see the delivery charge, but think there is one.

The non dimmable looks a good price. 15'000hours is very good considering the GU10 format causes heat issues for compact flourescents technology.

I am tempted by these myself especially considering they are available in 4000k colour. Its a shame i'm gonna need about 25 bulbs. £150 vs £10 for the screwfix cheapo bulbs makes it difficult to justify the initial cost.

My kitchen takes 6 50w GU10's and I get them either from poundland (£1 for 2) or tesco value ones - about 55p each.

Original Poster

Lord vader;1929122

My kitchen takes 6 50w GU10's and I get them either from poundland (£1 … My kitchen takes 6 50w GU10's and I get them either from poundland (£1 for 2) or tesco value ones - about 55p each.

Thanks, but these are just the regular halogen that cost so much to run. The one's I am after are led type that cost a fraction of the price to run - hence the price of each bulb - I guess you can't have your cake and eat it.

I got mine from screwfix. I got about 30 for £12

Original Poster

gupsta;1928749

http://www.energy-centre.net/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=572 (non … http://www.energy-centre.net/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=572 (non dimmable)http://www.energy-centre.net/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=598 (dimmable)Never used the company so dunno if they are a good trader, but they claim to be ethical and all that. Found them via google. Couldn't see the delivery charge, but think there is one.The non dimmable looks a good price. 15'000hours is very good considering the GU10 format causes heat issues for compact flourescents technology. I am tempted by these myself especially considering they are available in 4000k colour. Its a shame i'm gonna need about 25 bulbs. £150 vs £10 for the screwfix cheapo bulbs makes it difficult to justify the initial cost.

Thanks and rep added

Thanks, that looks like the best price i'v seen. I found the dimmable ones for £9.98 each here:

gwsupplies.co.uk/p/6…htm

I know exactly what you mean about justifying the cost. I need 24 of them. At almost £10 a pop thats £250.

These are meant to pay off in the long run, and they are enviro friendly and all that.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions