Groups

Dealspwn competition results ????

Hey folks,

Dealspwn was running a competition where the winners would win one of 3 console packs. I'm wondering if the results of the winners will be released anytime soon??
    Thanks

37 Comments

Original Poster

Original thread: Dealspwn Thread

I did send an email a while back to Emma regarding the results but heard nothing
    Edited by: "saxo_appeal" 30th Dec 2010

Give them time it's only been 2 weeks since it closed.

Original Poster

Does it take that long to announce results?

Winners in previous comps like the twitter one were notified on the same day

saxo_appeal

Does it take that long to announce results?Winners in previous comps like … Does it take that long to announce results?Winners in previous comps like the twitter one were notified on the same day

I'd say at least that long, 1 week to get a hat, another the paper, another the scissors, another to cut the paper, another to write the names on the cut paper and then a weekend to put all the names in the hat and pick one out.

Original Poster

Lol

I takes that long to announce results... because you try and contact people to give them free amazing prizes for Christmas, you give them a set time to respond... and they don't. Then you have to choose a second winner, and then contact them... and wait on them to respond.... so we cannot announce it until someone claims it

emmajk42

I takes that long to announce results... because you try and contact … I takes that long to announce results... because you try and contact people to give them free amazing prizes for Christmas, you give them a set time to respond... and they don't. Then you have to choose a second winner, and then contact them... and wait on them to respond.... so we cannot announce it until someone claims it

Well pick me as the winner then, I'll respond very quickly

cookiemonster83

Well pick me as the winner then, I'll respond very quickly

You win a cookie.

Edited by: "emmajk42" 30th Dec 2010

who won then?

Original Poster

Ah drat! Looks like I never won anything lol

saxo_appeal

Ah drat! Looks like I never won anything lol

Who won Saxo?

emmajk42

I takes that long to announce results... because you try and contact … I takes that long to announce results... because you try and contact people to give them free amazing prizes for Christmas, you give them a set time to respond... and they don't. Then you have to choose a second winner, and then contact them... and wait on them to respond.... so we cannot announce it until someone claims it

I'd have anounced the winners name at least on the site. Everything that comes from dealspawn goes straight into my spam folder, that way the winner may be extra vigilante or someone may know the winner and given them a heads up.

nikkib123

Who won Saxo?

we don't know - the winner hasn't been announced. Looks like the winner isn't answering their email.......

gari189

we don't know - the winner hasn't been announced. Looks like the winner … we don't know - the winner hasn't been announced. Looks like the winner isn't answering their email.......

Oh, thanks Gari

Banned

emmajk42

was that in the rules? I dont remember that being outlined...as its Christmas people may have given work emails and now be off until the new year, so anyone who has one of those emails isnt going to be a happy bunny if they did win, but then dont now etc

sounds wrong to me that its such a short deadline and should have just been named on Dealspwn
    Edited by: "ODB_69" 30th Dec 2010

emmajk42

You win a cookie.

I'm cookiemonster, I've got lots of cookies... We could strike a deal though, I throw some cookies your way and you can chuck a nice Black Wii my way

Otherwise, me and the boys might have to pay you a visit:

http://www.davesdailydose.com/pics/9/y/Sesame_Street_Bert_Ernie_Elmo_Cookie_Monster_guns_knives_beer_cigarettes_funny_humor_cool_haha_lol_rofl_smiles.jpg

Oh well, congrats to the mystery winner!

Original Poster

Honestly in my opinion the winners should have been named on the Dealspwn website,

As above has mentioned, some may be using their works email or it's went into the spam folder by accident
    At least by posting the winners they have the time to respond

I've never actually ever come across a competition where the winners were kept secret for some unknown reason :$

Seems very backwards to me

Thanks for responding anyway Emma good luck to who ever wins

We never publicly announce winners until they reply to their email, except in the case of the twitter parties, etc, which are instantaneous because they are pretyt much in real time.

We now have a confirmed winner, and will be announcing them soon.

Why was my post deleted? I didn't say anything malicious and didn't mean it in a negative way... It's just undeniably the way some of these comps went down!

Nice one op, in 4hrs or so this thread resulted in the winner coming forward.

Original Poster

Haha

Good to see the winner coming forward

Who was the winner/s ?

emmajk42

We never publicly announce winners until they reply to their email, … We never publicly announce winners until they reply to their email, except in the case of the twitter parties, etc, which are instantaneous because they are pretyt much in real time. We now have a confirmed winner, and will be announcing them soon.

Was it winner 1 or winner 2? What happens when the other realises they also won. oO

Ordering in a truckload of popcorn in anticipation X)

cookiemonster83

Why was my post deleted? I didn't say anything malicious and didn't mean … Why was my post deleted? I didn't say anything malicious and didn't mean it in a negative way... It's just undeniably the way some of these comps went down!

What? There are no deleted posts in this thread.

emmajk42

What? There are no deleted posts in this thread.

I made a post saying about how Dealspwn have developed a reputation for competition rules that someone always finds a problem with. It was here, but now it's gone! No biggie, I was just curious as it wasn't a nasty or spiteful post.

cookiemonster83

I made a post saying about how Dealspwn have developed a reputation for … I made a post saying about how Dealspwn have developed a reputation for competition rules that someone always finds a problem with. It was here, but now it's gone! No biggie, I was just curious as it wasn't a nasty or spiteful post.

I can see deleted posts in any thread, it's not here. I think you may have forgotten to click submit or something.

Edited by: "emmajk42" 31st Dec 2010

emmajk42

I can see deleted posts in any thread, it's not here. I think you may … I can see deleted posts in any thread, it's not here. I think you may have forgotten to click submit or something.

I do hope I'm not going mental.

Never mind, cheers Emma. Thanks again for the comps and the Amazon vouchers. Happy New Year!

emmajk42

We never publicly announce winners until they reply to their email, … We never publicly announce winners until they reply to their email, except in the case of the twitter parties, etc, which are instantaneous because they are pretyt much in real time. We now have a confirmed winner, and will be announcing them soon.

Surely that makes no sense, what if there spam filters are over taxing or the email is missed.

Announce the winners and ask them to respond and give them a deadline if it's needed.

Adam2050

Surely that makes no sense, what if there spam filters are over taxing or … Surely that makes no sense, what if there spam filters are over taxing or the email is missed.Announce the winners and ask them to respond and give them a deadline if it's needed.

We cannot do that as it would possibly breach someone's confidentiality. Adam, this is the way it has always been done. We even contact them through the PM system on HUKD when we cannot get in touch. If they cannot reply to emails, reply to PMs, reply to emails of PM notifications, then we cannot really do anything about it.

emmajk42

We cannot do that as it would possibly breach someone's confidentiality. … We cannot do that as it would possibly breach someone's confidentiality. Adam, this is the way it has always been done. We even contact them through the PM system on HUKD when we cannot get in touch. If they cannot reply to emails, reply to PMs, reply to emails of PM notifications, then we cannot really do anything about it.

Huh what sticking there name on a website is breaking confidentiality like when you did so with the vouchers? Can only see it being a problem when two people with the exact same names enter, possible but highly unlikely. I just hope for the winners the period is a big period of time, at least a month. X) Love the logic on here, awesome.

Hope you have a good new year.

emmajk42

We cannot do that as it would possibly breach someone's confidentiality. … We cannot do that as it would possibly breach someone's confidentiality. Adam, this is the way it has always been done. We even contact them through the PM system on HUKD when we cannot get in touch. If they cannot reply to emails, reply to PMs, reply to emails of PM notifications, then we cannot really do anything about it.

what if they aren't a member of hukd how can you pm them?

It isn't the way it's always been done though. When I won a copy of mw2 (thanks again) via the twitter comp I was told to email via a public tweet with the email address viewable to everyone my details to claim my prize. No direct message via twitter, here or even an email so potentially anyone who saw that tweet could've replied with their details.

By the way this isn't a dig just suggestions on how future comps on here and the various blogs could run more smoothly.

ants97

It isn't the way it's always been done though. When I won a copy of mw2 … It isn't the way it's always been done though. When I won a copy of mw2 (thanks again) via the twitter comp I was told to email via a public tweet with the email address viewable to everyone my details to claim my prize. No direct message via twitter, here or even an email so potentially anyone who saw that tweet could've replied with their details..

I'm pretty sure you were asked to DM your email address - that's a private direct message, just like a PM on HUKD. Anyway, as I said, the twitter comps were instantaneous, and the winners were announced and prizes claimed immediately, a bit different to this situation.

emmajk42

I'm pretty sure you were asked to DM your email address - that's a … I'm pretty sure you were asked to DM your email address - that's a private direct message, just like a PM on HUKD. Anyway, as I said, the twitter comps were instantaneous, and the winners were announced and prizes claimed immediately, a bit different to this situation.

nope a public tweet asked me and another winner the following morning to email our details to an email address viewable to everyone. I never recieved any dm even to tell me I won. I never even recieved any email to say my details had been recieved or that my prize was on it's way. From memory it was a thread on here that said the games were being sent out.
    At no point did I recieve any direct communication from here or dealspawn. The game for which I am eternely grateful just turned up a few days later.

yep here's the tweet not dm on hukd's twitter feed,

twitter.com/!/HotUKDeals/status/1936832174497793
    Edited by: "ants97" 31st Dec 2010

Banned

Literally no one cares. No one.

DJ1

Literally no one cares. No one.

About anything you say besides your poems.
    Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 31st Dec 2010

Original Poster

By posting a username on the website, notifying them that they have won is certainly not breaching anyones confidentiality. I'd be happy to just win and would never think of confidentiality if 'Saxo_appeal you have won' was posted on the site.

I can't understand why those are the rules Emma? Surely it wouldnt matter if it was the twitter comp or the Dealspwn one, there both competitions at the end of the day
    Posting the winners on either your site or HUKD would possibly attract the winner more so than waiting for an email, which they might not check so often

Sorry for opening the can of worms but I can't see the logic in not posting the winners up
    When I won a copy if Black Ops I replied pretty much straight away (excitedly) with my details as my username was posted for everyone to see.....I never once thought about sueing lol

Edited by: "saxo_appeal" 31st Dec 2010

I thought with most comps that the T&C's (of which we all read) allow the competition runners to put up the winners for all to see, I think there is going to be some **** off winners when they come to open their emails to find they have won, but haven't as they didn't reply & its been given to the next person that was drawn out of the hat.

but congratulations to Sarah of Yorkshire for winning, was she an original winner or second/third in line?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3631398
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846331
      3. Gold Flamedeer thread (ABSOLUTELY NO HINTING/MENTIONING THE TRADING OF GOLD…35
      4. EE Retention Deal S811

See more discussions