Found 26th Oct 2010
In some countrys incest is illegal (the act of sexual interaction with two blood related humans)

In others it can carry no form of punishment.

What is your stance on this? To me, yes its wrong and i dont see how there could be any attraction between the two, but at the same time,if they are adults and thats what is going to make them happy then so be it.

your views?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
70 Comments

Filthy

Wrong, no other way of describing it.

in some parts of america its compulsoryX)

very wrong

cousins maybe,but brother/sister? no way! just gross and freaky

Original Poster Banned

Yes it is wrong i agree, but what im getting at is should it be banned in all? can you see why it might not be banned in all countries?

Original Poster Banned

Bully

Recent WeddingJames and Maura

Having to flee the country because you married the person you love.
On the flipside though, i can see they are having a child. which could lead to all sorts of complications so i agree with the ban. But can see why it might not be banned everywhere.

I think its kinda wrong, do many muslims not marry thie cousins(blood relative)?

there is a term that describes the phenomenon of sexual attraction between close relatives, Genetic Sexual Attraction/
This couple have had 4 kids clicky

its legal in france and belgium? tbh.Its just one of those things I think most people would be appalled by-it just "seems" wrong.It was always my impression that the legal ban was because of the complications/health implications for children.

In Kazakhstan it's the national sport according to Borat so must be true.

The problem is that is it genetically very dicey indeed. The children of close relatives are much more likely to have congenital problems, so on just that basis it should IMO be illegal.

Original Poster Banned

barky

its legal in france and belgium? tbh.Its just one of those things I think … its legal in france and belgium? tbh.Its just one of those things I think most people would be appalled by-it just "seems" wrong.It was always my impression that the legal ban was because of the complications/health implications for children.

Yeah, apparently the french allow it but you CANT get married. bit strange really, should be one or the other.

tonypop

I think its kinda wrong, do many muslims not marry thie cousins(blood … I think its kinda wrong, do many muslims not marry thie cousins(blood relative)?

It's very common in a lot of cultures.
The genetic problems become an issue with cousins marrying when it's generation after generation.
If it's just happens once in a family, the problems are about the same risk as a woman over 30 having a child.

Most of the children born in the uk today with genetic defects are a result of cousins marrying, should be made illegal

my brothers ugly, for that reason i'm out!

Original Poster Banned

tonyg1962

Most of the children born in the uk today with genetic defects are a … Most of the children born in the uk today with genetic defects are a result of cousins marrying, should be made illegal

it is.

DangerGod

it is.

are you sure? hmmmmmmm

Marriage of Cousins
Despite the long list of degrees of forbidden relationship, you can marry a cousin (courtesy of Henry VIII who changed the law to marry his cousin!). However, it would be sensible for you both to consult your GP to ensure that there are no factors in your family's health records that would make your decision to have children inadvisable on medical grounds.
Edited by: "bitseylango" 26th Oct 2010

Ethics, trend, and upbringing.

Most of us have said it's wrong etc and it's stomach turning. which I agree it is.

But certain individuals think it's fine and do it. Like some religions - cousins. Which leads to complicated births etc.

I think it purely depends on state of mind and the influence around you.

In places like pakistan and other third world countries isn't this the norm rather than an occasional occurrence?

Sloth/Mod

I feel repulsed at the mere hint of a thought about it.

Cant believe you are using HUKD to try and rationalise this in your mind. Dude just go for it, its never stopped you before

Original Poster Banned

StevenA2000_uk

Cant believe you are using HUKD to try and rationalise this in your mind. … Cant believe you are using HUKD to try and rationalise this in your mind. Dude just go for it, its never stopped you before

HaHa. i know you wouldnt object to a couple of sisters getting it on.

In a 'one-off' ( i.e. not the norm in the population) the children of incestual relations are approx twice as likely to have observable congenital abnormalities, due to recessive genes being brought together, up from 2/3% to 4/6%. (This is excluding those families which have disease due to dominant genes or X-linked disease.)

In a reproductively isolated population the incidence of genetic problems rises a lot!

As we are only just starting to undestand the extent to which our DNA makes us vulnerable to disease and the ways in which the diseases themselves develop, I would hazard a guess that the actual dangers of having children with a 'blood relative' are greater than the possible ^ 6% being damaged.

Without kids then it's just social constraints of the society that matter ....or not!

There are families that have three and four seriously Ill children but that doesn't stop them having more
Still think of all that disability living allowance

DangerGod

HaHa. i know you wouldnt object to a couple of sisters getting it on.

lol...true, but hey, who am I to 'come' between 2 sisters

Isn't that how all the human race was created i.e. Adam & Eve's siblings?

Carley

Thats why we're all freaks.

Carley

err..no

Carley

They didnt have brothers and sisters did they?

Wrong - very wrong.

Randa1

but they had children....

Randa1

sorry, i meant their children...

I think that is something you may have read in a childrens book,

Carley

Original Poster Banned

tonyg1962

X)

tonyg1962

Something i was taught in school actually so it must be true.

Banned

My best man is marrying his dad's new g/fs daughter. Not illegal but they both grew up as brother and sister lol.

barky

but they had children....

didnt they have 2 boys, who then went off and found wives from somewhere unspecified.

Randa1

didnt they have 2 boys, who then went off and found wives from somewhere … didnt they have 2 boys, who then went off and found wives from somewhere unspecified.

I don't know, i didn't listen very carefully in RE classes, which is why i'm asking?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!77
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…1111
    3. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition76881
    4. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23

See more discussions