Debate: Product/Gadget of the Decade?

17 replies
Found 18th Dec 2009
What do you think is the product/gadget of the Decade (from 2000-2009)?

I say Broadband - as everyone uses it from buying online to talking to long lost friends on Facebook.

1. Misc
  2. Gadget
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Gadget
17 Comments

Broadband or Sky+

Broadband.

Sat Nav

3G

HD television

Advances in chip processing and size (both brute force and smaller gadgets like iphones)

Banned

iPod.

I think Broadband (ADSL) has been around longer than a decade....how about mobile dongles or mp3 players (or have MP3 players been around longer than 10years?)

iphone

Original Poster

gari189;7263686

I think Broadband (ADSL) has been around longer than a decade....how … I think Broadband (ADSL) has been around longer than a decade....how about mobile dongles or mp3 players (or have MP3 players been around longer than 10years?)

Broadband (ie: 2MB) came in 2002-2003, before that was the good old dial-up

peter_griffen;7263801

Broadband (ie: 2MB) came in 2002-2003, before that was the good old … Broadband (ie: 2MB) came in 2002-2003, before that was the good old dial-up

Broadband was around long before 2002 :thumbsup:
Hell, I used it at Uni in '94 ish.

Admittedly it wasn't anywhere near as widely available as it is today, but it aint new.

eeepc

Babbabooey;7263808

Broadband was around long before 2002 :thumbsup:Hell, I used it at Uni in … Broadband was around long before 2002 :thumbsup:Hell, I used it at Uni in '94 ish.Admittedly it wasn't anywhere near as widely available as it is today, but it aint new.

I had half meg broadband in 97 or 98 at my dads just before I joined the Army.

Best Product or Gadget = The Iphone. end of.

fwd.five.tv/gad…e-8

Banned

playstation although its now in its 15th year

iphone..case closed

Windows XP for me

The XP was the most advanced system when it came out, and I would say all electronics now are based on it ie: Digital cameras were complicated to download via serial port, but then USB 2.0 was used/invented

MP3 music to download took forever, until Broadband became faster, sadly windows 98 could not support fast broadband too well.

Personal choice thou

iphone always no.1 but close second is Sky+HD :santa:

WiFI

Couldn't imagine using my laptop without it.

IPHONE no doubt.

DVD, it was released in 1997 however only become officially commerical around 2002/3 when its rentals overtook VHS tapes.................

or the LCD flat screen TV............
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    2. word association Game74244916
    3. Add one, leave one game54415442
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813

See more discussions