EXPIRED

DEBENHAMS LEAVING NECTAR AT END OF 15TH FEBRUARY 2008!!

OK, not really a Deal, but I've posted it here because it needs IMMEDIATE ACTION if you've been saving your Nectar points for something at Debenhams.

nectar.com/ear…tar

You've got until store closing time tomorrow to use your Nectar Points!!

28 Comments

Thats a shame! I hope this doesnt spell the start of the end of Nectar! I have £120 on my card! Only heard about this here - no newsletter or anything. Nice.

I'm not sure whether to vote this hot or cold!
Hot because I didn't know - thanks nectar for telling us
Cold because its a shame DEB are pulling out of nectar - my misses spends a fortune in here.

They kept that one quiet :x

Thanks for the heads up, voted hot

I think a general complaint should be written to Nectar/Debenhams about this...

Unless they didnt realise until the last minute and a deal fellthrough I guess...

Thanks for the sharing the info withabix...I'm sure a lot of folk will be surprised to hear this.:?

Thank you for drawing my attention to this~I had no idea.

I get the feeling a lot of people will go in - pick up lots of items - go to put it through the till and be told they cant use their nectar card. I would be extremely miffed!

hi

I got a letter from them with my January statement so they have informed all debenhams card holders, there was also 15 off vouchers and a voucher for a free cup of coffee so am assuming they know people might be unhappy.

Thanks for the heads up. Mrs is going in to town today, she has £100+ on it and only spends it in Deb. as from 31st January 2008, you can no longer earn or use Nectar points with Thomson holidays eiter. This looks like the start of the end for Nectar

Nectar seems to be going downhill... if big stores keep dropping out, it won't be worth collecting.
(although I guess you can always get your money off shopping.. if you shop at Sainsburys)

I see on the Debenhmas website they have this comment

Please visit your favourite Debenhams store and ask a member of staff to … Please visit your favourite Debenhams store and ask a member of staff to receive: £15 worth of vouchers which is equivalent to 3000 Nectar points to treat yourself in Debenhams. 15% off* for a day when you open a Debenhams card in store 1500 Debenhams bonus reward points† when you open a Debenhams Credit Card online - Apply Now

[url]www.debenhams.com/nectar[/url]

Does this £15 voucher only apply if you get a Debenhams card or is it a free for all?!?!

http://www.debenhams.com/images/espots/markimg/nectar_det.gif

I was in Debenhams yesterday, and one of the staff said that if you have a nectar card then you can get £10 off £50, or £5 off £30 I think, and this was because they will be leaving nectar.

Great, I used to get loads of points from Debenhams. So now I've lost both Vodafone and Debenhams. Nice of them to tell us too grrrr

Another one bites the dust! If only nectar points were as rewarding as Tesco clubcard points, more people would be inclined to shop at their partners...

To be honest I think it reflects more on the irrelevance of department stores like Debenahms these days and they are probably trying to cut costs.

Nectar pay you pennies from the pounds they make by selling the information to the 'profiling' companies of your buying habits which they amass every time you use your card. The direct mail companies and even Sainsbury themselves can target you so much better because you play into their hands under the guise of rewarding loyalty. It's the biggest con we are party to.

Why is it a con? You're getting money back (albeit a tiny fraction of what you spend, and what Nectar makes from collating all this info) that you wouldn't otherwise. It doesn't cost you anything to own a nectar card.

They are conning you into believing that its your loyalty that's being rewarded, where in reality they are paying you a pittance for you telling them about everything you buy. If someone stopped you in the street and asked you to give them that information you'd probably be reluctant to give it, so this way you dont realise your divulging it. That's the con in my eyes. The end result is you receive direct mail and offers you are much more likely to consider and so long as you accept thats the payola, then fine, but we are constantly being told to guard our privacy and I see the Nectar card as a backdoor intrusion of my privacy.

kingy58;1579938

They are conning you into believing that its your loyalty that's being … They are conning you into believing that its your loyalty that's being rewarded, where in reality they are paying you a pittance for you telling them about everything you buy. If someone stopped you in the street and asked you to give them that information you'd probably be reluctant to give it, so this way you dont realise your divulging it. That's the con in my eyes. The end result is you receive direct mail and offers you are much more likely to consider and so long as you accept thats the payola, then fine, but we are constantly being told to guard our privacy and I see the Nectar card as a backdoor intrusion of my privacy.

We have no privacy in this country, full stop. A bit of targeted junk mail really, really, should be the least of your worries. That's unless you really do covert, totally top secret, under the counter, high street shopping that none of us are aware of. I just tend to buy stuff and go to Alton Towers twice a year as a bonus.
Plus in our house we invested in something really useful, in fact we have several, it's called a bin. People even come and take it away once a week, if we're lucky.

Wow... that's BS. Talk about a lack of warning.

That sucks. Debenhams is the only place where it really makes sense to spend it as every other scheme is just not good value for money at all. I am going to pop to Debenhams and see if there is anything I want because I am not losing all those points for nothing.

Infact off to Croydon right now!

kingy58;1579938

They are conning you into believing that its your loyalty that's being … They are conning you into believing that its your loyalty that's being rewarded, where in reality they are paying you a pittance for you telling them about everything you buy. If someone stopped you in the street and asked you to give them that information you'd probably be reluctant to give it, so this way you dont realise your divulging it. That's the con in my eyes. The end result is you receive direct mail and offers you are much more likely to consider and so long as you accept thats the payola, then fine, but we are constantly being told to guard our privacy and I see the Nectar card as a backdoor intrusion of my privacy.

You're completely correct in what you say other than it is a con. A con would mean we get nothing in return. I'm happy for Tesco to track my spending habits because I play the system and receive a high value in vouchers. Nectar give very little back so I've never taken it seriously.

Not really a deal... moved to misc forum. Thanks/

Can still spend your Nectar points at Argos. Just hand your card over when you are at the till...

Just an update - just got back from Debenhams and they are not honouring the £5 off £30 spend or £10 off £50 spend. They stated they have no knowledge of this. Regarding the £15 vouchers to spend in store, we have to make contact with Nectar to send them on.

(almost got to keep my points because of dopey sales assistants but in the spirit of honest deal gains/saving I alerted them to the fact that my bagged items were yet to be paid for and handed my nectar fob over)

sburley

A black SUV pulled up outside, but it's OK, it's gone now.

:giggle:

woodyrocks;1581379

Just an update - just got back from Debenhams and they are not honouring … Just an update - just got back from Debenhams and they are not honouring the £5 off £30 spend or £10 off £50 spend. They stated they have no knowledge of this. Regarding the £15 vouchers to spend in store, we have to make contact with Nectar to send them on.

Hmmm..thats odd, just yesterday I was told that I could have these discounts :?

Surely they honour this if you have the vouchers to hand over.

shame...... what's this about the voucher etc?>
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …147347
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764524
    3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1742
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523414

See more discussions