Debenhams order cancelled

Found 28th Dec 2012
I ordered pair of shoes from Debenhams but after couple of days, the order been cancelled. The reason given was, item was out of stock from Warehouse (thats what the Debenhams representative told me on phone).

I check again from Debenhams website and it was there, so I ordered again and phoned them, one of their representaive told me that may be my new order will be cancelled again.

I have not been given refund of the previous order (first phone call, representative told me that there was not any money taken out from my account but I checked my credit card later on and the money took out the same day when I placed an order)

So I phoned them again and they said it will go in my account with 48hours. I am in doubt what's going on.

Can some one help me please?
Community Updates
15 Comments
yes, dont shop online anymore.
This is standard practice, it usually takes 48 hours to process a 'refund'
At least they told you it had been cancelled.

You'll get your money.

I ordered an underwear set before Christmas.

They sent the pants and not the bra.

What good is half a **** set?

I called them.

They say oh it was out of stock so we cancelled it.

Thanks Mr Debenhams.

/thread
El Franko

This is standard practice, it usually takes 48 hours to process a 'refund'

unless its tesco, then don't expect your refund until 3 lunar eclipses have occured.
splatsplatsplat

unless its tesco, then don't expect your refund until 3 lunar eclipses … unless its tesco, then don't expect your refund until 3 lunar eclipses have occured.

What i dont understand is why the website isn't updated or the product removed!!! surely its easier to do rather than cancelling orders then dealing with customers. oh well, common sense will never prevail in online retailing!
Is the money actually taken or just "ring fenced" (there but not showing as available on your balance)?
It sometimes takes up to a week for the fence to be lifted.
dont re order items out of stock
Debenhams is like this, their stock doesn't update very well on their website and orders will go through. Mostly I order sale items and every now and then there be an item on the order they can't send. Last time I had an order and I never got a candle, the candle wasn't heavily reduced so not like loads flocking in getting an order.
Same happened to me, order was cancelled as oos, I don't rely on Debenhams orders anymore.
RosieWoo

At least they told you it had been cancelled.You'll get your money.I … At least they told you it had been cancelled.You'll get your money.I ordered an underwear set before Christmas.They sent the pants and not the bra.What good is half a **** set?I called them.They say oh it was out of stock so we cancelled it.Thanks Mr Debenhams./thread

p

Pics or it never happened
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_QCezCMUs994/TL7x6uLYX4I/AAAAAAAABRw/gIIx3UTj70k/s512/Phillies%20cryer.GIF
I tried again because it was showing the item in stock but again cancelled.

Refund for the cancellation of the first item. Now I have to wait for refund for the second item.

Big company but can't update their stock...:|
kamranbaig

I tried again because it was showing the item in stock but again … I tried again because it was showing the item in stock but again cancelled.Refund for the cancellation of the first item. Now I have to wait for refund for the second item.Big company but can't update their stock...:|

How many lessons is this now, 3?
It's been said you're never a loser until you quit trying. Have another go, he who dares an all dat
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants