Expired

Debenhams screwed up - pic attached

Found 26th Nov 2017
Ordered a pair of shoes for 37% off from the website which claimed 89.00

They delivered them in the original box with actual price attached.

2841684-Bb5bJ.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
stevenfeeney5 m ago

Will be asking for a full refund.

Looking at them, so would I......
stevenfeeney3 m ago

Uh oh, the fashion police sporting a Jack Sparrow avatar just arrived

I'll say it then - looking at them, so would I.
What you gotta say about my fashion sense? Apart from the sideboards, obv
Shengis20 m ago

Who's gonna tell them that they are now £39?
28 Comments
R-126th Nov 2017

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/shoes-and-boots/kg-kingsley-loafers/d830488.pd?ef_id=WhqeCAAABBIJ9K21:20171126105712:s#268393231&_$ja=tsid:96381|cid:955786965|agid:47641266415|tid:pla-373902098297|crid:226791671684|nw:g|rnd:2626804747042836653|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:

stevenfeeney5 m ago

Shengis20 m ago

stevenfeeney3 m ago

I'll say it then - looking at them, so would I.
What you gotta say about my fashion sense? Apart from the sideboards, obv
deeky8 m ago

I'll say it then - looking at them, so would I.What you gotta say about my …I'll say it then - looking at them, so would I.What you gotta say about my fashion sense? Apart from the sideboards, obv

I wouldn't say your fashion sense is bad deeky, though most of us would not go to peopleofwalmart.com/ for the latest trend.
OP, did you buy these shoes because you liked them and because you thought they were reasonably priced for what they were, or did you buy them because you thought you were getting a big discount on them? It kinda sounds like you only bought them because you thought you were getting a bargain, which is a bit silly.
I don't get it....argos often have items on sale, then the price goes up, then they are discounted later and it might not be to a price that they were previously on sale on for. They even state that clearly on the website that might be the case.
dxx25 m ago

OP, did you buy these shoes because you liked them and because you thought …OP, did you buy these shoes because you liked them and because you thought they were reasonably priced for what they were, or did you buy them because you thought you were getting a big discount on them? It kinda sounds like you only bought them because you thought you were getting a bargain, which is a bit silly.

Not really relevant,

and to be far pricing on some products will usually mean better quality if something was reduced from higher price 7/10 it had better materials and will last longer, this product clearly was not higher price
Perhaps they are selling them above RRP at one point?

I've been wondering about this. There's a tv I've been watching. It started life priced at £2200 on the summer.

Recently it was reduced to £1399, but on the reduction bit it said it was reduced from an RRP of £1999. Not just from one shop, but many shops.

Were they all selling it above RRP to begin with?
Edited by: "MSK." 26th Nov 2017
Who's gonna tell them that they are now £39?
Creatish33 m ago

Not really relevant, and to be far pricing on some products will usually …Not really relevant, and to be far pricing on some products will usually mean better quality if something was reduced from higher price 7/10 it had better materials and will last longer, this product clearly was not higher price

It's unlikely. Within a pricing tier, there's usually very little difference in quality. You'll usually get a few cosmetic or superficial differences, or the goods may be presented to you in a more appealing way (craft beer is a good example of this - compare the blurb on the can of something from Flavourly to whatever it says on the side of a can of Stella, for example), but that's about all. The main reason for variations in price on similar goods is that it's a way for retailers to provide a range of prices to their customers.

To turn your thinking around though, if the A-priced good is being reduced to around the level of the B and C-priced goods, why do you suppose that might be? Is it because the A-good is as good as the other A-goods and the retailer is just being generous, or do you think it could be because it's an A-good with some pretty serious deficiencies which make it very difficult to sell?
Black Friday fake deals, does not seem good deals this year I've found. Just stuff that's taking floor space and warehouse space
MSK.1 h, 10 m ago

Perhaps they are selling them above RRP at one point?I've been wondering …Perhaps they are selling them above RRP at one point?I've been wondering about this. There's a tv I've been watching. It started life priced at £2200 on the summer.Recently it was reduced to £1399, but on the reduction bit it said it was reduced from an RRP of £1999. Not just from one shop, but many shops.Were they all selling it above RRP to begin with?

Maybe the RRP is £1999 and they are just selling them for less. Can you check direct on the manufacturers website.
MSK.1 h, 27 m ago

Perhaps they are selling them above RRP at one point?I've been wondering …Perhaps they are selling them above RRP at one point?I've been wondering about this. There's a tv I've been watching. It started life priced at £2200 on the summer.Recently it was reduced to £1399, but on the reduction bit it said it was reduced from an RRP of £1999. Not just from one shop, but many shops.Were they all selling it above RRP to begin with?

catbeans16 m ago

Maybe the RRP is £1999 and they are just selling them for less. Can you …Maybe the RRP is £1999 and they are just selling them for less. Can you check direct on the manufacturers website.

Recommended Retail Prices change over time; so a product may well have had a suggested price by the manufacturer of £2,200.00 at first availability, & it was subsequently revised (to £1,999.00) before dropping to a particular retailer's (or multiple retailers') sale price.
fanpages41 m ago

Recommended Retail Prices change over time; so a product may well have had …Recommended Retail Prices change over time; so a product may well have had a suggested price by the manufacturer of £2,200.00 at first availability, & it was subsequently revised (to £1,999.00) before dropping to a particular retailer's (or multiple retailers') sale price.

You have a way of making things beautifully simple Yeah, I guess that makes sense. They did it with PlayStations, why not TVs.
I would not wear those even if they had my size (Hi Shengibobs)
MSK.3 h, 15 m ago

RRP is recommended retail price. So it's up to each shop what they sell things for. If it's above RRP that's the shops choice.
Debenhams are awful, failed to deliver my order THREE times this week due to the items apparently being damaged in transit each time.

Eventually I collected a new order from a store, 5 out of the 15 items were smashed to pieces.

I didn't even receive an apology.
Edited by: "dataload" 26th Nov 2017
Get some Odor Eaters in them shoes fast. Look a bit plastic looking to me.
They are shocking. Please get a refund.
raptorcigs4 h, 13 m ago

I would not wear those even if they had my size (Hi Shengibobs)

That reminds me - winter will soon be upon us and I know you have trouble with sizes, you're not exactly conventional.

I found some mittens for you.

Rednirah2 h, 24 m ago

They are shocking. Please get a refund.

Thanks but I will defer to fashion designer wife for tips thanks.
stevenfeeney17 m ago

stevenfeeney17 m ago

Surely you didn't consult on this occasion. Out of curiosity who does she design for.
32574815-AvLpn.jpg
Rednirah8 h, 40 m ago

Surely you didn't consult on this occasion. Out of curiosity who does she …Surely you didn't consult on this occasion. Out of curiosity who does she design for.

Next, George, Miss S, Topshop...they all come through the same designer for particular items.

Not sure why everyone has a downer on Geiger Leather loafers with minimal detailing.

Prob Brogues owners.
deeky11 h, 4 m ago

That reminds me - winter will soon be upon us and I know you have trouble …That reminds me - winter will soon be upon us and I know you have trouble with sizes, you're not exactly conventional.I found some mittens for you.[Image]

Did anyone else have a small hand in this?
I see no pic of these crimes to fashion?? Where the pic go? Always wanted to see what a fashion designers husband would wear? I always assumed it would be knocked down loafers from Debenhams though....
joanddan74 h, 15 m ago

I see no pic of these crimes to fashion?? Where the pic go? Always wanted …I see no pic of these crimes to fashion?? Where the pic go? Always wanted to see what a fashion designers husband would wear? I always assumed it would be knocked down loafers from Debenhams though....

He wears whatever he likes.

You would be surprised what fashion designers wear, for real. It is pretty much all George or Primark. She has a few choice pieces she loves but it is mainly accessories.

All of the high street fabric and cut all comes from the same factory in China, India or Turkey as premium labels, in many cases it is the same production line as long as 5 details are demonstrably different, no legal challenge can be made.
Edited by: "stevenfeeney" 27th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants