Groups

Debit card payment how long do they have to take it?

over 4 months ago i spent over £65 using my debit card,the amount has never left my account nor shown as a deduction pending being taken,how long do they have in which to take it out?

12 Comments

Banned

usually max of 72 hours! i think you have got lucky! Do you enter chip and pin or was it signed?

Original Poster

mceverready;3906447

usually max of 72 hours! i think you have got lucky! Do you enter chip … usually max of 72 hours! i think you have got lucky! Do you enter chip and pin or was it signed?

chip and pin i dont know if i am tempting fate now asking about it or if they had something like 6 months or so to take the funds

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;3906566

nice one, here's hoping they forgot about it:thumbsup: my big annoyance … nice one, here's hoping they forgot about it:thumbsup: my big annoyance is when a cheque doesn't get cashed 'til 6 month later, grrrrr, always tends to get cashed when i'm penniless too:)

lets hope so i dread it going out now!

Banned

I'm sure there is a maximum period of time before they can re-apply for the funds. For example you are giving them authorisation by making the card payment at that time, if they dont take it or it doesnt go through they cant just apply 6 months later because they forgot to do it at the time. where was it at? Was it a small retailer?

Original Poster

mceverready;3906821

I'm sure there is a maximum period of time before they can re-apply for … I'm sure there is a maximum period of time before they can re-apply for the funds. For example you are giving them authorisation by making the card payment at that time, if they dont take it or it doesnt go through they cant just apply 6 months later because they forgot to do it at the time. where was it at? Was it a small retailer?

yes it was a small retailer

Banned

I know sometimes they're banking can be a bit scatty and if they lose the EFT slip (card receipt) then it wont get cashed!

Count yourself lucky pal!

Original Poster

mceverready;3906989

I know sometimes they're banking can be a bit scatty and if they lose the … I know sometimes they're banking can be a bit scatty and if they lose the EFT slip (card receipt) then it wont get cashed! Count yourself lucky pal!

im rather hoping lol:thumbsup:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this happened to me a few years ago (prior to chip and pin) and it took about 5months for the shop to claim the payment, they claimed it the day before i got paid - i went overdrawn and recieved a bank charge - when i complained to the bank they said it can take up to 6 months. I am not sure if it is different now with chip and pin

Original Poster

how typical is that? the day before you got paid arghhhhh

You kind of forget after a certain amount of time too dont you

Yeah i know, i was raging and the bank never even refunded the charges - Raging

Original Poster

since ive always left the £66 available in my account but with xmas and all that it wont be in there this week so im hoping they dont decide to take it now!

They have up to 6 months:x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions